Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 58 Apache Updated pics...found a bed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holliwood, Aug 4, 2008.

1. lowburban

lowburban

I don't hear anything. It sounds like mine. But I'm getting a little LUV at Round-up so it's OK!!!

2. Well, it's been a long day, but I finally got my engine painted :D The pics are a little dark. I took them with my phone and it was starting to rain, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

3. abone1930

abone1930

Badd as# old Apache :D

4. Well, it's been awhile since I posted any updated pics. It's been a long summer so far, but I finally got the frame and chassis painted :D Haven't put it all back together yet, but you'll get the idea.

Attached Files:

5. Ok, here's the suspension put back together. Finishing up painting the steering linkage now, so I can put it on tomorrow, then it'll be ready to mount the motor and tranny. More pics to come...... :)

Attached Files:

6. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Looks good man.keep up the hard work...iv'e started to built myself another.just started the mock up......

Attached Files:

• 075.jpg
      075.jpg
      File size:
      469.4 KB
      Views:
    • 114.jpg
      114.jpg
      File size:
      416.4 KB
      Views:
  7. motorhead711

motorhead711

Praise the Lowered!!

8. I should have the motor and tranny mounted by Friday, then I can get the driveshaft cut down and start running the fuel, air, and brake lines. I've been working on this thing so long, it reminds me of when I used to get a new toy as a kid, but dad wouldn't let me open it till I got home :D The excitement building up knowing it'll be driving soon is just killin' me.

9. Here she is with the motor and tranny. Just mocked up right now till I build the tranny mount, but she's actually starting to look like a truck now :D

Attached Files:

10. Been working on the cab, cleaning the firewall and underside of floor, so I can paint it. Still gotta build the tranny crossmember, but I needed to fit the cab on the chassis so I can see where everything lines up. Seems I gotta make a few adjustments, but everything's coming along well.

Attached Files:

11. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Looks awesome. Keep up the good work. I love these trucks.

12. Chevytruckin98

Chevytruckin98
    from Tx

13. Thanks. I'll have a digital rendering of it soon, so hopefully everyone can get a better idea of what it will finally look like.

14. Here's the rendering of it. Hopefully, many of you will get to see it like that at Roundup :rolleyes:

NOTE: If you're looking straight at the pic on your computer, angle your computer screen back about 2 inches farther, and it will show you exactly the color it will be. We couldn't get the color exact in the rendering, because it would've taken away the body lines and shadowing. It will be a dark suede metallic blue. Hope yall like it.

Attached Files:

15. abone1930

abone1930

Lookin good :D You in Severed Ties? Tell my brother N law high. Ronnie :D

16. Are you Becky's brother?

17. abone1930

abone1930

Ronnies sisters husband :D Like the old chevy you building. If I had a chance to do it again I would change my old 53 ford truck over to some wide whites. But its pro streeted and laying running board. To much to change.Got a couple of projects in line for a Hamb style car though, Dig the big wide whites.

18. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

That truck looks so good. I really like the design and where this project is headed. I have one question though,I see in the design that it has a 58 chevy car bumper. Are you going to run that on the real one too? Have u done it and how much work was involved so i can get an idea. I am not really affraid of cutting a bumper to lengthen or narrow it and to modifie parts. I have a 58 chevy fleetside also and may have the option to get a set of 58 chevy del ray bumpers and was thinking about doing the switch.

19. Yes, I actually have a 58 Impala bumper that is going on it. They are too long on the sides though, so you will either have to shorten the bumper like in the pic, or section the front slope of the fender well and move it back to fit the bumper. Since, I have to re-chrome the bumper, I'm gonna shorten the sides like in the rendering. Other than that, all you really have to do is build new brackets for it.

20. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

It looks sweet. I love it.:d:d:d

21. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Front bumper looks nice on there...... you must have a really badass little brother that has opened your eyes to the darkside! LOL! Hurry up and get that bitch rolling, so we can go cruisin.

Attached Files:

22. cowoc58

cowoc58

Your front bumper idea is pretty original, but I think I've seen it some where before.

Attached Files:

23. HAHA! :D I was wondering when you boys were gonna chime in. I never said the idea was mine, I was just explaining how you mount one on ;)

24. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

Thanks guys. I will see what the junkyard does with the 58 del ray they may be parting out(i would love to see it go to a good home rather than me and dad gutting it but...) Anyway thanks for the info and the pics. When i get to the point of doing some more kustom stuff on it(besides the 59 caddie lights) it will be on the list of bumper options.

25. Tyrell

Tyrell
    from 203

that thing lays hard, nice work.

26. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Nice job man.im goin to bags now for sure!

27. Mattimus

Mattimus

Great, I need to change my stock bumper now! Thanks for doing something different. Keep up the great work holliwood!

28. RIBONES

RIBONES
    from DAGO ca

that truck looks baad. bad as is sick. sick as in hard. what im trying to say is it looks goood, man.

29. texas56

texas56

Very nice truck!