Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are you unhappy with NSRA? Please Look!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeuceDog, Jan 28, 2010.

1. And your reason why it should be?

There is no fighting or name calling,,just a open discussion.

Sorry,,I'm getting old and my memory ain't what it once was.:D:rolleyes: HRP

2. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I won't go to the nat's for many reasons. But, I think the only logical solution under the new rules is to divide up the parking into areas:
    - pre 49
    - 49-64
    - 64 and up

That way you can park with cars that perhaps are more of your interest and you don't have to park your rod next to a 79 corvette ...

Doug

3. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

I am so happy that I can finally take my 1980 Chevy citation that is flat black with lancer hubcaps and lake pipes to the Louisville Nationals this year. Okay I dont have a Citation but I have always liked the Louisville nationals with its 10,000 plus Streetrods as it is a sensory overload. I will be attending this year just to watch the drama unfold. Ron Kellog of the ASRA is a great guy and they just happen to like pre 49 cars and there is nothing wrong with that. I hope that they can make a go of it. I eat at taco Tuesday every week with 50 gray haired streetrodders in Peoria,Il and they are all upset with NSRA and are part of this new ASRA. they are great guys and I enjoy hanging with them as they make my 43 years on this planet feel young.

4. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

I just read 5 pages of this.... and I own a 50:cool:

5. Never2low

Never2low

I could only hope for that, probably to complicated to alot a certin amount of space to each group. Then comes the enevitable pissing match over who gets "prime" realestate near trees, or who gets stuck out in the field at Louisville. The reason I go to NSRA events is I like older model cars, period. I havn't gone to any GG events because I don't want to look at a mustang, no matter how nice, just doesn't spin my crank. I'm 30 and I grew up going to shows with my dad, who's style rubbed off on me. Niether of us care for muscle cars. At small shows we might look at them, just to look at cars. We drive to K'zoo and Louisville so we don't have to walk by 3 Chevelle's and 19 mustangs just to see a '39. I'm not really into "gold chain rods" but at least I can enjoy the lines of a pre-war car. I would rather walk by 3 or four billet trailered deuce's, to see something I like than a bunch of late model cars. I'm not driving down to L'ville this year for that reason. It would be nice to still go to a pre-49 show, but I wouldn't mind a pre-60 show, I dig 50's rods too. I just think NSRA opened the flood gates a little too far with this move......1 1/2 cents

6. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I might a well add my 2 cents in this mess. No, I don't like what NSRA has mandated. I only attend one show a year and thats in Springfield, Mo. Its a good show and you can see as many cars on the street as inside the gates. Cops don't bug you and they don't block off the streets like they do in Okla. City. I do not go to OKC, it sucks. Its an old fairgrounds and the last time I was there you had to drive in on a half-ass dirt/asphalt road.
    I'm willing to give Springfield a chance this year, but it there is too much shit I won't be back.
    I really don't care what you call them, street rods, hot rods. traditional rods or rat rods. I really don't like labels. They are what we drive. I'm not parking next to a 81 Pontiac Phoenix with fake Buick portholes and stick on flames. Got to draw the line somewhere.

7. 32Rules

32Rules

Well said.
    You know they could have kept just 1 event pre 49 and it wouldnt have even had to be thier main event in Louisville and saved a lot of face.

8. 5window

5window

The only NSRA event I usually go to is York,PA. I like it, but attendance and especially the vendors were way down last year. This year, I'll be on vacation in the Galapagos Islands, so I guess I'll read what everyone says and decide if it is worth the drive in 2011. I'm fine with any car at a cruise-in, but I want my hotrods to be pre '49 and customs pre '64. And I don't liek change.

I realize that NSRA is making a financial decision to boost participation and membership
    but I think they will find they have made a big mistake and their numbers will go down. If they want to get new young members they should have made it pre '49s and Japanese "tuners".

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Air Show. Car Show. Swap Meet. If it's within a couple of hours flight/drive, I go. Don't give a rat's ass who is putting it on. They are all people enjoying their hobby. Why would I put myself in a box and limit my participation. My best show is the one I'm at, second best is the last one I attended. Then, after the next one, the memory of past ones will fade.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_ProfilefieldEditor", "1"); //--> </SCRIPT>

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

For once, I gotta agree with Nash...if you don't like a certain style of car, stay home and polish yours...that way no money has changed hands and you have not made any one person any wealthier.

R-

11. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I agree.
    I am a lifetime NSRA memebr, so I am very upset with the new guidelines for car show admittance. I joined a pre 49 organization ... not a street machine organization.

SO ... I will stay home and enjoy mine here at local cruises and driving them :D

12. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

I joined for the pre 49! If I want to see Chevelle's, Camaro's , Mustangs and Vette's I'll just stay at home and go to local show's cruises etc.
    11,000 plus cars at last year Nats, do they need more???

13. NSRA I believe means No Steel Rods Allowed Haven't been a menber since 1980

14. rustyhood

rustyhood

If you are planning to come to Louisville this Aug., you might want to change things up a little, Get a motel outside of town, Fill up outside of town because this town trys to rob all you guy's when you get here. Just about two weeks before the event, Gas shoots up, Motels that are normally $38 bucks a night jumps to $58 or $68 a night and some even higher. I am sure as you were driving into Louisville in the past, you seen a dramatic change in gas prices. This town makes a shit load of money from this event. If you guy's pass the word and do this, maybe next year prices will be more reasonable. A NSRA speaker was on the news a couple of years ago, and he stated that NSRA would move the event from Louisville to another city if this is how you guy's were going to be treated. It's a great event, awesome rides and projects. But it pisses me off to see people get screwed! Especially the ones drving from all four corners of the U.S.A! Just posted my 2 cents.

15. wizzard23

wizzard23

We,ve been doin' that every September in Osborne KS since 1975!!! This year Sept. 10-11. PM me for info.