Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grand National set up pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodjim, Jan 29, 2010.

1. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

Each year I volunteer and help John Buck get the show up and running. I do it because I get to hang around with the coolest people who enjoy the same passion I have for cars. Plus I get the oportunity to see the best of the best cars up close before the show opens to the public.
    This year my job was to take charge of building 3 which is the Rod and Custom/Street Rodder cover car display. Met and worked with Rob and Kev from R&C and Brian and Eric from SR. All great guys. Plus to see these great cars again. Some from the 60's. Below are some pictures from move in day
    If you are coming to the show dont miss building 3
    There are more pictures if you are interested here http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u12/hotrodjim2/GNRS 10/Wed set up/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. koth

koth

Sounds like you have a great job! Thanks for sharing the pics.

3. Jay71

Jay71

Gawd damn Lee Pratts 58 is Perfection!! Thanks for the pics.

4. It looks like there using that hidden building again this year. I hope there's signs for folks to find it! I bet only 25% found it last year!!!!

5. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

Yep the "hidden" building. Last year it was a last minute decision to use the building. This year it has been planned out. There are large banners on the building plus signs leading people that way from bldg 4. Tomorrow and Sun we are positioning the drive in cars in a way that will naturally lead the public into 3.
    I was there today and all the posters were up on the wall and the cars and lights positioned just right. Looked great

6. Krobe

Krobe

Makes me miss being there;...first time in 4 years. Setup pics are best because of no crowds...

7. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

cool, thanks for the pics!