Register now to get rid of these ads!

60's econoline guys need help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tankwilson, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

I sent you in a response to your PM, but for everyone else's benfit, here's a link to someone's blog that contains a lot of rebuilding nuggets, including the steeirng box

http://1965econolinepickup.blogspot.com/

2. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

A running, driving, small block/auto for $1500 sounds like a great deal to me. Years ago I had a 65 Falcon van with a stout 289, stick & 9", a drunk 16 yr old totaled it while it was parked in front of my house. the ins co gave me $1400 & let me keep the pile of bent parts. If it really needs a name, how about Wilsons Tank?

3. tankwilson

tankwilson

Hey guys. What all years of boxes will fit my 63?

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

I *think* they're all the same.

5. PRANK

PRANK
    from NYC

econoline with a V8 is it auto or stick

6. tankwilson

tankwilson

It's a 289 bored out to a 302 with a selectomatic (auto) trans and a 1970 cougar rearend. She runs really good. Just doesn't steer worth a crap right now.

Thanks to hellfish for the site that talks about rebuilding the box. Gonna tear into her tomorrow and see whats going on.

Anyone got suggestions as to how the steering box/column comes out. I figure the hard part will be figuring out how to take off the horn button.

7. roddinron

roddinron

I owned 4 of those back in the late 60's early 70's. I even lived in one for a while when I got out of the service and traveled all over the country, real hippy stuff. They were pretty reliable, mainly because they were so basic, there wasn't much to break. A real hippy would have had to have a vw, but I preferred my econoline.
    Just don't hit anything! Nothing but thin sheet metal between you and the world. But they're really fun to drive.

8. irish01

irish01
    from az

hey im new on here and was wondering if anyone could help i have a 60's econoline pickup and need to get a title on it but can not find the vin# there is a info tag on the inside of the driver door with a 11 digit # but below it it says not for title or registration purposes so i was not sure if that was the same as the vin or what so if anyone could help that would be great

9. SHRUM

SHRUM

There is one on the back...behind the tailight area. Its a channel that holds the spare tire. Its stamped there.

10. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

How about this name: Mister Period (missed her period.)