Register now to get rid of these ads!

Accuair E-Level or Air Ride Tech E3?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by biosled, Jan 27, 2010.

1. biosled

biosled
    from san diego

I want an air management system with ride height sensors like in the E-level and E3 kits. Anybody have any suggestions or comments or know of any other systems out there I should look at? Also, where is the best place to buy one of these systems? Thanks.

2. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

[​IMG]

Been here a year with no intro?! Newbie is a relative term....

3. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't messed with air rides's height sensor systems, but I have a little experience with accuair's system and it's incredible. I like air rides's valves a bit better cuz you can have an individual line from tank to valve for each corner, where as accuair's valves are all together in a block with only one (maybe two?) lines feeding them.. I have airride on my car now, next time accuair is getting my money. GREAT customer service too!! Airride's people tend to be dicks on the phone... In my experience.

4. aceuh

aceuh

5. Weasel

Weasel

And this is a forum for traditional hotrodding.:confused::confused::confused:

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

The only experience I have with air ride is the AirRide Technologies RidePro'E' system that I had on my '62 Galaxie. It did not have level sensors, since it was an older system.

One thing I do have to add (opinion) is that, if/when I were to install another air ride system, I would keep it as simple as possible. To me, the electronics just add more possible problems and issues to deal with...

I probably didn't help you at all, just thought I'd add an unsolicited opinion :)

Malcolm

7. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to offend you sir.

Now let's go get the other several hundred people on here with bagged cars and show them the way!! Or better yet, you can lighten up.

8. cole

cole

accuairs set up is amazing

9. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Just installed a AccuAir system with leveling in a customers 61 Olds and it its awesome

10. biosled

biosled
    from san diego

11. custom100

custom100

Just thought I would throw this on here because shows that air ride has a place on a traditional custom. Note the date of the magazine on the bottom of the page is 1958.[​IMG]

12. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

love it............

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Ala Kart? Did I spell it right? Gary

14. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

WOW! here we go again! Do your homework people!!!

As for the Air system, Im with Malcolm. Keep it simple!

15. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I'll stand by my previous response... :)

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the caption under the picture on page 29: "Air experiments in the mid-30's led to today's systems." Mind you, today, then being 1958.

Air ride is period-correct all the way back to the 1930's, with 'dead-ringers' for today's parts dating back to the mid-1950's.

Can we get over this now, please (again)? Nobody is saying you have to do it, or even like it.

17. hunter1111

hunter1111

if cole foster says its amazing..... its good enough for me.

18. go with the air lift digital kit, way cheaper and from my experience is better I would suggest it to anyone

hit me up if interested my prices are way cheaper than any website out there and cheaper than air ride tech or accuair

19. Karl Fields

Karl Fields

Just finished installing the E-Level. What a pleasure!
    Everything was there, instructions were not in JapEnglish, fairly simple install. You would REALLY have to try to screw up the wiring.

Used my existing hardware. Very simple to hook to the ECU.

Biggest issue was trying to locate the correct position to get the 2.75" of rod travel, but in the end it doesn't really matter. Front at 1" and rear at 2.5" - all good and the ECU reads the digitals just fine. Wish they had mentioned that in the manual :(

During the calibration phase it really caught me off guard. You start the mode and after a few minutes nothing seems to be happening, other than blinking lights, so I go about other projects in the garage. Just when I'm least expecting it - the frame starts moving. Damn! 10 minutes later and it's done.

Not a bounce kind of guy, I'm using the toggel version, low, ride height and high. Works great and highly recommend.

BTW - I encountered very helpful phone support.

20. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

58 Impala's had an air ride option from the factory..

21. royalestater

royalestater
    from tylertown

IM LOOKING FOR A AIR RIDE DIGITIAL CONTROLLED KIT. ALSO NEED TWO 1967-68 C-1O FENDERS.

IF THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOW A MANUFACTOR WITH EXTENDED UPPER CONTROL ARM FOR S-10 FRAME GOING:rolleyes: UNDER 1950 CHEVY TRUCK

22. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Ditto that! Have the full AccuAir e-Level on my Lincoln and don't know how I survived without it!!!

23. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

you supporters of this air nonsense are a bit off-base in your contention that these bagged cars are somehow traditional. On the early cars, even if the system was totally trashed, the car did NOT sit on the ground...the air suspension was for ride comfort - not for adjusting height much more than an inch. So quit trying to justify all this NEW TECH bagging stuff with irrelevant information about basic suspension systems. Of course, if you can show me a factory install that included a panel of switches to control those systems, including one for settling the car onto the pavement, I'll reconsider.

If you're willing to allow this because (as someone earlier in the post stipulated) "all the members that have bags"...then what do we do when there are a lot of members with Rat Rods? or a lot of members with "tuner" cars?....

traditional is traditional - systems with bags and switches were not extant in hotrodding during the years that this forum purportedly restricts itself to.

dj

24. willinthe985

willinthe985
    from Houma, La

The accuair and airride systems set their ride heights two different ways. The accuair uses sensors that measure the actual height the vehicle is at and will always set the vehicle at the desired height. The airride system, unless they've changed it, uses pressure sensors to determine height. This isn't as reliable as a means of measuring height because different factors can mess with this. Say you're a chubby chaser and you get a few girlies the back of your car. That rear bumper of yours might be dragging because that airride system set it at what psi it normally would be, where as the accuair system can compensate for any added weight. And it does it on the fly. As far as bags being traditional, I wouldn't be able to say, but they sure are cool.

Will

25. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Ask Watson, Winfield, Barris, Alexander Bros, and other REAL customizers (well at least the ones that are still with us today) what they think about using air as a means of ride comfort, functionality, and stance... bet YOU would be surprised at the answer :)

26. brewsir

brewsir

Waaaaaah...lets kick off everyone with disc brakes too...and if you have a CD player or even an IPOD connection,or 4 bar rearends. Low cars are cool...always have been always will...no matter the method used to get there.

27. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Couldn't agree more. Let's get over this goofy B.S. and move on

28. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Agreed x2

29. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

Ohh, a civil war!

You guys are funny, to be really traditional I personally run Ethanol in my hot rod. Just like ole Hennry believed in.

Next your gonna want juice in them brakes...

So I wonder if the first guy to put a small block chevy in a hot rod circa 1955 had to defend his motives? Come on guys, be the same.

30. Captain obvious!:D