Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Geo Poteet ..New Truck @ GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowFat48

LowFat48

Those leather spring covers look interesting , don`t care for the louvers though

2. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

way too many louvers for me. Love the color of the truck tho and the mill

3. Gaudy is my word for it, not the understated look I prefer, like the Doanne Spencer roadster.

4. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

you can't buy style. what a waste of talent and materials. the engine needs to go in a T bucket

5. Fogger

Fogger

The '34 3W built by the Bones is more my taste. But you have to admire the craftsmanship. Way too much going on.

6. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Yep, my thoughts too!

Nick.

7. a little over done on the louvers -but other wise damn cool!

8. chop32

chop32

Definitly high marks on craftsmaship, but just way to gaudy.
    To me its like the overly ambitious kid who tries to do too many things to his first car, the car gets buried in all the additions...theres just too much going on here!

9. Deadbird

Deadbird

I'd have to agree. Way over the top, maybe a bit too blingy. George seems to be a top notch guy though and you can't fault him for getting quality builds.

I wonder if he's hiring. Somebody needs to take care of his collection, huh? :rolleyes:

10. Lucky3

Lucky3

Way over the top......

Incredible craftsmanship by Troy and the Boyz !!

11. Personaly I like it,,George is a class act and can afford to build it the way HE wants it.

I also thing it will look a lot better when it is not under so many lights.

The truck is unreal! HRP

12. It looks like he had paint and a grille left over from the last coupe....Engine is kick ass though....Too much bling.....Workmanship from RadRides....OUTRAGEOUS!:eek:

13. Reminds me of a gook wagon. Should have let the cool engine be the centerpiece, and left off all the polished and riveted parts that distract your attention and make you think, "WTF?" when viewed.

14. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I like a lot of the features but some of it is, is, is, I'll just say I like some of it. Some times simple is better. but the man has plenty of REALLY nice cars and trucks.

15. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Troy did not build this truck. It was built in a two car garage here in Indy by Brian Stinger. It went to Troys shop for paint, and Brian and some of Troys guys reasembled it. Not taking anything away from Troy and his shop, I love what he does, always have. I just think it is a shame that the credit for the build is going to be lost due to Brian finishing it at Troy's shop.

16. WOW!
    For me, too much polish. But then I didn't pay for it and George did and evidently he liked it.
    Later,
    Dick

17. I love it!, I've spent hours studying the chassis build pics on the Rad Rods website, and drooling over build photos of the Mill in that truck.

Also I'm pretty sure those are the front brake lines on the seat. FULL SHOW! How can you not love it?

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Added 1-29-10 If you have read this far and haven't posted a comment good or bad check this slide show before going further. 264 slides from the build in 'Stinger's shop All I can say is wow and double wow. The finished product may be a bit over the top but the original build is supurb. http://www.stingershotrodshop.com/Adobe Web Gallery/index_miller.html Check photos 171 through 180 Something add you will fall in love with it before it was painted and over detailed.
    The attention to detail on each and every part is unreal. I don't care who you are, there is an idea to borrow there somewhere.

I will still say that somehow the added for effect pieces seem to miss the understated but excellent themes of Georges vehicles that we have all fallen in love with in the past. That nose and chassis sure would look great with a two seat boat tail body with a pair of Brooklands style windshields on it looking like a Miller two seater built for the road though.
    The polished louvers may cause a lot of guys to pass up taking a close look at the car and cause them to miss all of the real details of the truck that are so outstanding.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  19. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

I won't argue the rumored $ but Ford "B" blocks with Miller "Hi Speed Heads" (Or Miller-Schofield) were never Indy car motors. They raced on round tracks ala sprint cars and a lot of them ran the street and the lakes. This car started out with an iron Ford block and an Iron Miller head. It morphed into the Donovan with a "re pop" Miller head.

The car was built by Brian Stinger in Indy-finished and detailed at Troy's.

20. Special Ed

Special Ed

I was taught; "if you don't have anything nice to say about something, don't say anything at all".
    I don't have anything to say...
    Let me correct that. The workmanship appears to be outstanding.

21. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Dash, gauges and steering wheel are really stunning!

22. -Brent-

-Brent-

Yeah, I am with you. It seems too over the top, everywhere. To me it doesn't fit the canvas, a pickup truck.

The builders have skills, it just seems like they crammed too much detail into one build.

I wonder if George likes it?

23. RDO_23

RDO_23

Yeah, come on guys - George hasn't even unveiled the truck yet and it is taking a bashing on the HAMB.

Congrats George.

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

I don't think people are bashing it. They're just looking at it from the "traditional hot rod/custom" lens and perhaps comparing to other vehicles G.P. has.

25. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

This workmanship is outrageous I seen it with my own eyes.

26. CShroom

CShroom

The quality of the build is outstanding.

But the rear looks so busy compared to the front. Yes there is that hug chromed grill and and the rivets. But the louvers and the straps and the chrome bed pieces, etc, they move in so many directions it almost feels confusing to the eye.

But I am absolutely diggin on the interior.

27. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

It isn't to my taste, but it may be to Mr. Poteet's. I think he is a very nice man, that like me, loves cars. The one difference is, he can afford to pursue his dreams. I hope he continues. My favorite of his cars was the 57 Ford 2-dr. wagon that Troy did.

28. I don't think anyone is denying that it's just there is sooo much going on it is hard to appreciate it as a whole rather than a bunch of very well built parts all stuck together. Maybe in a different light setting is wouldn't be so "jewelry" like.

29. 32viper

32viper

Seems like Steve Moal built one just like this a few years ago, but it was a roadster. Think about it.....

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.