Register now to get rid of these ads!

Want to hear from All of the hamb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JAKE'S-Pumpkinella54, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

A bumper would be fine just not that one !

2. 46stude

46stude

You need to tell us what look you're going after with the truck.

'60s custom?
    '50s push truck?
    late '60s street freak?
    restomod?

Leave it there for a true "push truck" vibe (which is the what I'd build it as).

Oh yea- nope to the Caddy taillights IMHO.

3. How about a smaller handmade bumper and some 50's round pickup taillights?

4. thanks guys , ya i kinda like the bumper, not sure about the taillights just had them in the box. My plans for the truck : lowered , truck / millatary tire. like cj said , like a truck from hell, .. ... thanks guys,

5. 666Irish

666Irish

I would keep the bumper, but lower it so that it is in line with the running boards, do the same with the front bumper so it has a nice flow all the way around. Well, it looks good in my head, anyway.

As for the Caddy tail lights, I think that they are way overused. I quite like them on the right vehicle, but I have never seen them look good on a Pickup. I would save them for another project, and fins something that fits the look of your truck better.

Just my two cents.

6. At this stage you have an open canvas, so to speak. That being said, you need to come up with the theme you are trying to accomplish with this P/U..then be true to that theme. Once you have determined the theme you want to achieve, the answers will become clear. Bottom line though..it's yours, do what you want with it.

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Hey I like that bumper! Especially the way it fits the contour of the fenders. That aint no aftermarket POS. It may have been a dealer add on cause it was made especially for that model truck. Or it may have been custom made. Either way its one hell of a bumper. I'd keep with the utilitarian theme on this one and use the bumper as one of the focal points. Oh and Caddy lights wont work with that although I like em enough to use them myself.

8. Sauli

Sauli

1) If You´re gonna slam the truck to the ground or tow/haul anything with it in the future, I´d say keep the bumper. In fact keep it no matter what. It´s most certainly unique from anything else seen on this-era trucks. Helps giving visual width and shape to the back-end. Losing it would just amplify the view of a square back-end of a pickup-box.

2) As far as taillights go, I don´t think anything quite as dramatically-shaped as Caddy taillights would belong in this kinda surrounding. In fact I personally never cared much for them "sunken" in on anything, incl. Mercury rear-ends, but then that´s just my taste. Hey IF You´re gonna end up keeping the bumper why not have a pair of the type of taillight- brackets and pods like the uppermost kind on the right, one on each side and use ´56 Chevy taillight lenses. Still round and conical-shaped, yet somewhat more subdued and less recognizable, perhaps. The re-pops are cheap and easy to find, too. Just my 2c of course.
    What´s Your plan on a style of build, here, BTW?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Listen to BOB on the tail lights....................PLEASE!!!!! Way over done. Ditch the bumper unless you have a horse trailer to tow.

Frank

10. that bumper is what's keeping your pickup bed from being junk. the 60's chevy
    step side tail lights will look great. small but visable.

11. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

[​IMG]

been there done that, next........

12. lose the bumper AND the caddy lights

13. Im starting to dig the bumper, some one said lower it , .. I like hearing diffrent ideas ,..and dead pan that could be said for anything right ?? thanks im losing the taillights ... not sure about the bumper ...

14. vance did i hear you right are you and bad bob a couple .... thats great 2 guys have the same hobby ........ lmao

15. Fingers

Fingers

A different bumper, and no Caddy lights.

16. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

Oprah just gave me that look.......

17. L7

L7

no opinion- just fuel for the fire.
    [​IMG]

18. roadrash

roadrash

19. 40chevythrowensparks

40chevythrowensparks

crome blades... no caddy lights

20. sweet stude . thanks for the comments ..

21. junkmonger

junkmonger

22. anyone know who owns the truck that has the orange wheels?

23. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

That bumper fits that binder.

24. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

yes do not put 59 Caddy lights on it and 2nd lose the bumper:D

25. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

I agree with most post, shit can the step bumper and caddy lite idea, but whats with the MILITARY TIRE????????????
    Good luck Oprah, on your show & your truck..........................

26. drhauer

drhauer

Keep the bumper and Oprah, weld your name onto it like the dealers used to do. Uh....weld your name on the bumper, NOT Oprah.

27. if you run a bumper, early 50's chevy truck bumper....definitely no 59 cad tailights, way over done

28. thanks Guys ..... i love the Miss O pic why does it piss people off

29. blue57ford

blue57ford

It looks creepy. It looks like a photoshop disaster. Get a pic of fat oprah.

30. nutajunka

nutajunka

Maybe she should be in a different position, kinda like cars, "on all four wheels", if you know what I mean...;)

Just had a reality check, maybe her in the above meationed position would look like the back of your binder. Sorry sad, butt true.