Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who was "Mr. X"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu Padasso, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Anytime- all you west coast, gold-chaining yahoos need to know your limitations!

In all honesty, you live in one of the most beautiful states- got to do a little traveling through WA (Seattle, Kennewick, etc) back in the 80's when I was in Up With People. It's a part of the US I wouldn't hesitate moving to!

2. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

This is the 36 Roadster from the Mr. X article . At an event last August at PIR in Portland.........Z

Attached Files:

3. BSI

BSI

Well- will you look at that! Still looking great! Thanks for the photo- brings back lots of memories. Will have to show this to Ken.

BSI

4. couverkid

couverkid

That is a beauty I look at that car every time i see it. Was it owned by Jim Davis?

5. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Yes , Jim was the owner when he passed . As I remember , Sam Parker bought it from Mr. Imus , sold it to Jim , Rod Brown in Longview Wa. bought it from Jim's widow . I bought next , then sold to Mike Seelbinder in Vancouver who has it today .

Old photo of when I had it . Jim put the Borrani wire wheels on it , I kept them when I sold it to Mike............Z

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. I am the new owner of Mister X

7. Just got it home sunday..

Attached Files:

8. BSI

BSI

This is funny- have in-laws in Longview and have spent much time there over the last 30 years. Could have driven past my old '36 countless times and never realized it.
    Ken does recall that it was "a Sam" who bought the car from us (I was away in college by that time and never met the man) but couldn't remember a last name. Thought he might have been an attorney.
    Would have to do some digging, but could probably come up with some photos of the original build if any owner past/current is interested. BSI