Register now to get rid of these ads!

ford f100 frontend question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69f100, Jan 26, 2010.

1. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

ive got a ford f100 with the twin I beam suspension. my question is, about how much does it cost to have the front end rebuilt, brakes, I beams bushings and all.
    the only reason I was asking is because we were contemplating puting the whole frontend off of a 1980's mustang( discbrakes and all) on and just getting rid of the twin I beams. any suggestions would be nice.

thanks

2. puschrod

puschrod

For what it's worth, I put dropped I beams in my 69 F100, rebuilt the brakes, replaced worn out steering (tie rod ends,etc) and new shocks for about $1500. I don't know what "80's mustang" suspension you were thinking about using but, mustangs have had strut suspensions under them since 79. That would require ALOT of fab to put a strut system under your truck. If you were thinking about the mustang II system, thats way more do-able but, you still need to do alot of welding and such. I also have seen the crown victoria suspension used in these trucks and if I was gonna change everything, that would be the way I'd go. Dropped beams like i used were a direct bolt in and I had the truck on the road in two days. By the way, I used DJM axles and recommend them!