Register now to get rid of these ads!

The new hot color of the year is brown...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chuckw2, Jan 24, 2010.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Brown and gold is timeless. Jeff Meyers (Fink'd) layed this out on my 64 wagon. Gary

Attached Files:

2. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

A good color or style never goes out of style.All you have to do is look at mid year vette's. The are so good looking they look good any color.

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

As soon as anyone or anything declares that "something" is the new trend, it is NOT...

oh, and one other thing...hot rodding is all about not following trends

4. How 'bout a '32 four door in two tone brown? Belongs to a friend.

Attached Files:

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Found an article from 2005 that predicted that silvers, blues and browns would be the future trends. So, I guess that brown popularity was bound to happen.

6. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

just paint it the color you want. but remember, you're gonna have to live with for awhile, so unless you've got money fallin' outta your a** make sure you like it. having said that, certain colors are classic and easy to co-ordinate with accessories(see my previous posts RE; kicky sling-backs)

7. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Just stay away from orange. I hate that color.

8. John Stimac

John Stimac

Years ago in the used car business, they gave colors nicknames like resale red, loser blue, and "HANG AROUND BROWN", meaning dont take in a brown car, cause no one will buy it. My 32 is stock winterleaf brown "light", with winterleaf brown "dark" accent. I kinda like it

Attached Files:

9. LBCD

LBCD

my dad's 80 Malibu wagon was.........trendy too!

10. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Hot new color? That must be why they always pick the worst colors on Overhaulin'. They took that blue 56 Caddy, did a ton of work on it and then painted it the dullest color they could find. What a waste of all that hard work.

11. Brown is very popular in the political arena too! Go silver on that Riv, it goes with the car and you will not get tired of it.:cool:

12. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

CHUCK...I don't know about the brown thing. but i do know i have no idea what in hell you just said...POP.

13. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

My point was I thought it would be a color that hasn't really been used much for a while. It was very popular when I was young and since my plans for the Riv are sort-of retro lowrider look I thought the combo would look cool and different.

2 months after deciding on it I read in HRM that it's the new cool Foose color. Since I didn't want to seem like I was just picking the latest fad I thought I would make a change even though I really like some of Foose' cars .

The response here has convinced me to just ignore the fads and do what I like regardless.

Thanks for all of your input and pictures!

14. Was originally looking for a "rootbeer" type color to accent my stock "cashmere beige" body color and red interior. Found a 2006 Nissan color called Sedona Metallic??. Of course after I bought the paint I found something better. New Ford SUV Flex, has a killer dark brown metallic called Cinnamon.
    Bottom line, IMHO, certain colors look better on certain models. Hopefully no-one would ever paint a Riviera yellow.:eek:
    JT

Attached Files:

15. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

That looks nice! Have you seen the Olds that was in R&C a while back? Donnie Baird from Imperial Customs built it. I saw it at the GNRS a couple of years ago. It's very cool.
    http://www.spock.com/Donnie-Baird-8JIn1Bi

I have seen a factory yellow on Rivs that looks ok. It's a pale color called "Butternut Yellow."

Chrysler has a dark brown metallic too- saw it on a new 300.

16. Chuck, without hi-jacking this thread or getting off track...Donny's Olds was part of the insperation for mine. We have a mutual friend in So-Cal and have PM'd him on several occasions.. Would love to go visit sometime soon and check out that car up close and personal.:cool:
    Until then, get crackin on that Riv! Please give that car the love it deserves:)
    JT

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Boy, Does that color ever bring back visions of the 70's. Just like a lot of things in the hot rod family, nothing is new, just ignored for awhile. Kinda nice to see it resurface...................as long as it's not overdone.

Frank

18. jamesdfo

jamesdfo

Anybody remember the Chopped Beetle that Pete Santinni built for his wife? It was a feature car in HOT ROD back in the 80's. It was painted Candy Apple Root Beer, all in laquer, they said there was something like 11 gallons of paint/clear on that little car, but the paint job was KILLER!!
    I think I lost that magazine in the Flood of 2004:(:(
    Anybody remember which year/issue it was in?? (might also have been in the top 10 issue @ end of year)

James

19. derelict

derelict

[​IMG]

It's nothing new. This was mine in 1964...

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Never really noticed, but did the pink-and-teal cars have rainbow decals?