Register now to get rid of these ads!

Car Dollies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adjustablejohnsons, Jan 26, 2010.

1. I just bought a set of these. I have had my eye on them for a while, but did not want to pay the $60+ for shipping. They do not stock these in the stores but they will have them shipped to a store at no cost to the buyer. I do not live near a store. I could have made my own, but when I checked out the cost of 16 casters, 8 with brakes, it just made more sense to buy them. The reason I am posting this is because there are only two more days left on the free shipping promotion. Just enter promo code 124840 to get free shipping on any order over $99.
    These cost $70.00 a pair and are well made. They take about two minutes apiece to put together, and are each rated at 1250 pounds. They are under my Triumph TR4 now, and I can spin it in a circle by myself. Northern Tools part number is... 148803

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. mottsrods

mottsrods

You can buy enough materials to build 8 of 'em for about $35

3. 32 casters, 128 nuts, bolts, and washers, 24 feet of square tubing, and 21 feet of angle iron for 35 bucks? Not to mention the cool decals.:D

Anyway, the point is..free shipping on any thing over $99.00...just in case anybody wants to take advantage..this ain't Harbor Freight...NT sells DeWalt, Milwaulkee, Hobart, etc.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  4. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

I think you would have a hard time buying 8 caster let alone casters for 8 dollies for $35.00. And hell if you can build them that cheap I will buy 2 sets.

5. put me down for two sets as well..

6. Weasel

Weasel

Thanks adjustablejohnsons for posting this for us guys who don't have the time to go scouring the earth for cheap materials and who just want to get on with the next task. This sounds like a decent deal.

7. Bull

Bull

Anyone know where to get the jacking wheel dollies for a decent price? I could use 4 at home.

8. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Well I got mine from our local tool store, KMS tools. They are also online. But I'm guessing you wouldn't want to go to BC Canada for them. However I can tell you they work really well. The casters are over size so they roll quite nicely and they jack up easily.

9. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I have the Northern ones pictured above.
    The 245/60 15 tires are a tight fit in those.
    Also with that size casters rolling my 54F100 around the shop is a challenge.
    they are well made and the paint has stayed on them unlike my Craftsman tool box.

10. mottsrods

mottsrods

Guys, I built 8 of them for around that. I bought my casters from a local company who made textile trolly's. $1 a piece, and you can find them on ebay in lots for about the same price. And the steel, just go buy it from the recycler by the pound....no nuts and bolts, just weld it all together.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And decent casters are over six bucks each most places X 16 so it's a pretty good deal at the price he paid.