Register now to get rid of these ads!

new trade made,Now I own a clown car..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skyspop, Jan 24, 2010.

1. skyspop

skyspop

Traded a guy a T sedan project that Ive had and sold three times,and got nowhere on for a 47 austin A 40,did a butload of searches here and on google and have an overload of directions to go,but in all reality,need to roll it away till Im done with a few other things,you know how it is,when the "Next new thing "enters the picture.Just kinda happened in my lap,wasnt really trying to sell the T or get something new,but it could be cool,real solid car,lots of parts collected with a clear title,mustang two front,mustang rear,all good sheetmetal,sunroof,interior,I dont know,Any input would be appreciated.I know a few of you guys have done one.Trying not to jump on the whole"Its gonna be a sweet gasser"road,I dont drag race for real,so it 's unlikely to get the full gasser treatment.Anyway,its a lot smaller than the full size chevys I usually have to push around.Kinda like Im back to my hot wheels collection!

Attached Files:

2. I say put her in the weeds.

3. hemi

hemi

Goodguys has a green one (four door) with a Vortec V6, four speed automatic and an S10 rearend, and Mustang II Ifs, and it is an absolute blast to drive.... love it.

4. skyspop

skyspop

cool,does an S10 rear need to be narrowed you think?I bought an 80 monza,earlier this year with a bunch of extras,a posi rearend that was never run,4 bolt hubs,that I thought I would see about putting in.

5. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

My old bus which I sold so I could build a 34 coupe.Home made chassis,blown 350 Chevy, 4 1/2" chop. Went like snot off a stick.

Attached Files:

6. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

That's my old Austin!!! I sold it to a guy in Booneville , Missouri about 4 -5 yrs ago. Belive it or not I got it out of St Paul MN. I had a Buick V6 in it witha TH 350. The guy that got it from me wanted to put in a Blown Hemi, but didn't get too far. I was just thinking of that car the other day. where did you get it? Later, Rusty.

7. skyspop

skyspop

got it from a guy in fairbault,he got it from the guy in missouri,about 1 12 years ago,I dont think he did anything with it,he said the guy was gonna put a hemi in it too,did you put the mustang two in?I havent really looked at it yet,did the deal through pics,and talking to the guy.then had a friend pick it up yesterday,cus I had to work.now its in the garage,smaller than I expected.im a fat guy,Ill fill up the inside..small world.kinda like a nailhead I had a few years ago,went around the midwest area ,then came back to mn and was never in a car...this car has had more miles than when it was driving probablly.thanks for the post,its a neat car so far,anyone thats seen it says they like it...

8. Join Ozrodders.com
    You'll see LOTS of cool inspiration there. This sorta thing we aussies have it nailed good.

9. noboD

noboD

The best looking Austin I remember was owned by "Jim the Painter" from around Philadelphia. Is was light yellow with green plexi windows. I saw it around '67- '69 at a car show. Go the gasser look, IMO.

10. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Heres an idea

Attached Files:

12. Heres a few 4 doors for ya.

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      58.1 KB
      Views:
    • B.jpg
      B.jpg
      File size:
      60.6 KB
      Views:
    • E.jpg
      E.jpg
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
  13. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

dare to be different, find a turbo 4 banger w/ 5 speed out of a mid 80's t-bird. do alittle head work and add a 4bbl intake and carb then have alittle fun

14. Ruiner

Ruiner

If it's still set up for the V6, throw one back in it and beat the piss out of it...say, do you still have that caddy powered Plymouth coupe?...

15. skyspop

skyspop

thanks for the pics,I did check out austinwerks,theres some cool pics there.It probablly needs a small v8.I do still have the plymouth,hopefully drag it out soona nd maybe drive it this summer,working on about three things now,my wifes 60 chevy,I have a 61 bubbletop getting ready for paint,and a coupe at drews,also have to get a motor to titus for a 36 pick up hes been working on,or waiting on me to bring him stuff and dough....this little car is cool,but cant realistically get going on it for a while,maybe that will give me time to decide on the drivetrain..

16. mottsrods

mottsrods

I'd sure like to have those 4 lug tear drop wheels........

17. Ruiner

Ruiner

Usually in my projects the drivetrain falls in my lap out of nowhere, so it does me no good to plan on what it will be...an aluminum 215 Buick V8 would be cool, or perhaps a Pontiac Sprint 6 OHC...if you do end up driving that Plymouth coupe to a show this summer, drop me a line, I've had a crush on that car for awhile and I'd love to see it up close and out being driven...