Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this worth what I paid for it???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratrodder34, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

I paid $1,000 cash for this 27 chevrolet 3 window coupe body about a montha ago....very solid body and super super doors...no deck lid and no title.....was it worth the cash I gave for it???????

bodies 008.jpg

bodies 009.jpg

bodies 010.jpg

bodies 011.jpg

2. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

It's a good price if you are happy with the body. Do you have plans for the Chevy?

3. You obviously thought it was a good price or else you wouldnt have bought it.... right???

4. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Gonna be a little hotrod with a chopped top and a ????????

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buyers remorse? It would have to be a spectacular body of that year model for me to pay that but I am damned cheap (or so I am told) when it comes to buying something like that.

6. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

This is true...but

7. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

whats going on in the back??? that might be kinda hard to fix for lack of patch panels, hope youre good at metal fab. if not i guess you could make it a pickup cab. i dont know if i woulda paid 1000 for it, but maybe 700 or so.

8. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

If it's what you want and it's solid - not to bad.

9. blt2go

blt2go

heck yes. i've seen lesser bodies sell for alot more. anybody can say they would have paid less who wouldn't, but could it have been bought for less. we'll never know. great find and good luck with the build.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you got the deck lid and shit yes? if so, you gotta good deal! hell, dare to be diff!

11. Rear quarters pop up from time to time on Espay- nice find!

12. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

The drivers side rear quarter had been ran over by something at one time or another...its not as bad as it looks. Pretty sure I can straighten it unless I can find another one...

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Your the only one who has to be happy with a purchase. As your finding out opinions are varied. Did buyer's remorse make you come on and ask our opinion?

Frank

14. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

No not really....its just that there are some other bodies where I got this one and didnt know if the price was fair or not. He had originally priced it to me for $1,500 and as I was getting ready to leave his place I made him one last cash offer and :D

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

your a bitter old man frank!!!!!!:D we all need a hug now and then!!!!!!:p

16. I see a truck cab in that,,,,,

17. It obviously was to you.Too late now anyway.Its yours.Don't second guess,you will eat yourself up.If you find one cheaper or better you will feel cheated,not worth the anxiety.

18. RamblerClassic

RamblerClassic

Based off your username, i would say it was a good idea.

19. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Why not .Its a coupe for a grand .Good luck finding a deck lid .Im not rubbing that in .You'll probably have to make one ,Or fit one from another car .If I had the money I would of bought it .Heres a crazy idea ,Slingshot dragster motor recessed real far into cockpit and you drive it from trunk area .Im losing it tonight ,Later Im going to bed .

21. Ghost28

Ghost28

doesn't look like a 27 chevy to me? More like a 29 chevy 3 window. But either way a nice find..John

Here a couple pics of a 27 body style, and a 28 body style. Different body lines through the doors, and the 27 has a flat or t style roof.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  22. I think you paid a fair price for it. Someone with good fabricating skills could make a deck lid for it since it doesn't involve any complex shapes or compound curves. Or, as others have noted, you could make it into a truck cab--an idea that appeals to me because I'm 6'5" and '20s and early '30s truck cabs don't have nearly enough leg room for me. When I lived in Baltimore, my friend Calvin Grace had a nice little '32 Ford pickup that ran a 302 Ford with the firewall set back about 4 or 5 inches. I could barely get my long-legged carcass in on the passenger side. It would have been physically impossible for me to have driven that truck. If you make a truck cab out of it and do it right, you could have an extended cab truck that looks factory. I'd be awfully tempted to do that if it were mine.

23. nutajunka

nutajunka

Heck it's only paper, you can get it anywhere, old steel not...:rolleyes:

24. V4

V4

Decent body. Decent price.
    I believe the decklid was wood framed with a steel skin.
    You can probably make one just as nice as the original.

25. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Your point being....:confused:

And I just got rid of a 65 rambler Wagon......:D

26. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

looks pretty nice for a grand to me.i see the back of another car on the trailer.what else did you buy or is it a friends?

27. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

think I have some of the wood frame for the deck lid,,yours if ya want it

28. Doesn't look like it needs a chop to look mean. Was it worth it? Where you gonna buy another one if you wanted it bad? That should answer the question.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think you did ok..would you be able to get back your $$, on it? maybe not. But if your intention is to build it. than it has that worth to you.
    dont see many of those built, so it will be cool to see it done.

30. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

I got a 37 ford 2 door sedan body,46 ford panel truckthat I sold to Rustyhood on here,32 chevrolet 2 door sedan in 5 pieces,the 27 and my oldest son got a 30 ford 2 door sedan body....we had a GREAT day father son time ;)