Register now to get rid of these ads!

gerg's ramba lambler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gerg, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Gerg

Gerg

Well i picked up this 61 rambler longroof from jonnycola this past summer and have been hitting it pretty hard the last couple of weeks. Some of you have been watching it on facebook and saying i should start a build thread so here goes!

This is how she looked when i bought her

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car is pretty solid looking so i thought cool i will have a car done for next year i have my 53 bel air thats in a million peices but i wanted something that i could be driving while i am working on it.

home in the garage

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fast forward to two weeks ago and there we are yanking the stock motor and transmission you know for being a 62 it still has a torque tube yah thats not staying either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. Gerg

Gerg

I knew that there was some rust repair that needed to be done on the drivers side wheel well, frame, and floor so i got to that next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what i found under the fender which was just a bit worse then i thought it would be lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Nice progress... what are the plans for the drivetrain? Always loved longroof customs!

4. Gerg

Gerg

So called up some of the Vagabonds so i could get a welder to the house because i don't have one...... Fiddy decided he would be cool call me up and say he was going to be late and bringing me a present!........ on to the present at work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that is it for now Thanks to everyone thats been swinging by and helping out hell i didn't even know how to make a proper patch panel until last weekend

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

good start Bro!!!

Keep after it and soon enough you'll be puttin around in it!

6. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

7. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

Looking good Gerg,Will be following the progress.

8. Keep it up bro.....love it

9. JAWS

JAWS

Quit greg......you really don't want to continue...

10. Gerg

Gerg

yes i do want to continue for some reason my wife likes this car lol

11. JAWS

JAWS

give up Greg!!!! run away...that car is fugly.....suits you though.

12. jonnycola

jonnycola

Wow you've been busting ass on that thing. That rust under the fender is crazy.... Did you guys ever fire that motor?

13. Gerg

Gerg

no we didn't fire the motor the rods were all bent and there was a quarter inch of rust scale on top of the pistons when we pulled the head so no biggie it's getting a new drivetrain

14. TheFish

TheFish

Keep up the good work. I wish I had time to get workin on my car. And a few helping hands. Working 7 days a week n being a fulltime single pop don't leave much time for me to play. I love old ugly wagons there awesome!

15. shubxdan

shubxdan

that's great gerg.maybe this summer we could hold tue rambler drags.

16. Gerg

Gerg

Dan that would be awesome you will prolly smoke me lol and i know yours will look better then mine also

17. shubxdan

shubxdan

i did'nt say all show and no go drags

18. I found this in my travels last summer. Just might go back and see how much they want for it.....

Attached Files:

19. I bet you had a few choice words when you got the fender off huh? That is a cool little wagon, dont give up on her!

20. Gerg

Gerg

lol when i pulled that fender off i almost puked. Getting the fender off was a 2 hour affair in itself and then to find that hiding wow. No biggie though i will get it fixed.

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ramblers rule! lookin good gregers!

22. BinderRod

BinderRod

Greg, like I told you. I know where a whole herd of Rambler wagons are. Just keep banging away at it. Keith

23. Zeke

Zeke

Brother Rust! I don't feel so bad now

24. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I will NEVER EVER bitch about the condition my Chieftains body is in...............holy hell in a handbasket that inner fender makes ME want to puke!

Or at least crawl off and hold myself whilst rocking back and forth.

25. And to think..............if Rocky and Tuck had never made Ramblers cool...........Carla saw one of those on a lot and thought it would be a fun daily driver.

26. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

dude... your car looks like a hat full of assholes.

i never seen so much fuggin cancer on a car in that little of a space, but you're kickin ass with that lil welder.

keep doin us proud bro, you have pwnage...

27. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Kool. I looked at the car at Mr Cola's this past summer too. Glad you got it. Can't wait to see it with a big cooler in the back. That baby should haul a lot of beer and Vagabonds around.

28. Hi Greg -- Gerg - I just saw your thread and had to comment so you would know I found the HAMB site. When you get done sweeping up all the rust the Rampler will be all gone - good thing you got pictures so you can make another one out of welding wire. Sort of like my Volvo.

29. Look's good Gerg keep up the good work!

30. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

too cool had some of my earliest sexployts in the same car hey where did ya find it .....ya those seats fold down ..... oh baby!!! cool now come to think about it my 39 yr old son may have been conceved it...... huh ah those were the days of 15 buck cars in the thriftys