Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockabillyrat, Jan 21, 2010.

1. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

are you saying thats not a long time? im not a lube tech. im a diagnostic tech and get payed very well to do it. drivablilty is all i do. trust me you see alot in that short period if time.

2. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

Hay Rockabilyrat,I have been a mechanic for 40 + years and building hot rods since I was 16. I like whot you are building and keep us posted,
    don't worry you will get a lot of bull shit from sum here just roll with it
    and do your own thing. good luck ,Trevor..

3. Lead Head

Lead Head

hahahahaahha this is awesome!

4. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

i dont have a problem with some one that knows something i dont showing me a trick or two. i work with people that have been wrenching as long as i have been alive. i get tricks from them. and i help them when i can. the problem i have is when you ask for help and people give you attitude for asking.

yeah this is awesome cause i got what i was after in the long run. but i had a great idea on a frame build last night. so my idea has changed a little. still going to use 32 frame rails.....well kinda. ill post it when ever i build it. i think its going to look very differant.... and not in a bad way. well maybe not for some of you on here.

5. burninbilly

burninbilly

i dont get it we all enjoy the same,rods old iron,call it what u will,buildem, drive em yet there always has to bea pissin match

6. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Ah, hot roddings elite gather to share ideas.

7. Excellent idea, some of those guys are awesome, that would be a good start.

8. RatRoy

RatRoy

Not all "Rats" are "Rods". Some of mine on hub caps for friends..:)

Attached Files:

9. billj

billj

The guy is just looking for a little advice on a cars stance and you start this foolish crap busting on him. Find something better to do, who needs this childish crap.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Cleaned up... a few folks banned... a few folks slapped around.

It's real simple fellas. We don't tolerate drama. Wanna name call? Go some place else... I don't really care how long you've been on the HAMB or how bad ass you are. This isn't grade school.

11. This is going to be awesome:

[​IMG]

12. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

here is a pic of the body i have. not much to work with sorry it all i have if any of you photoshopers want to give it a go that would be great. if not i have a good idea from the last car posted.

[​IMG]

13. 117harv

117harv

It looks real solid to me, it is almost 80 years old.

14. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Heck yeah. I suck at photshop so I'll give you some thoughts. Ribbed roof from a Caravan or Suburban, no chop but channel it about 3 inches, '32 rails and a nice healthy flathead and some shiny paint.

15. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

yeah im going to fill the roof. i want to chop it 4in with no section. i want to show the 32 rails. since i love the look of a A on a 32 frame. but i do want the car to sit low. and forgive me if some one doesnt like this but a ford 300 straight 6 with a true 4 speed and a winters rear end will be the drive train. im a straight 6 guy. got a 235 for the 39 chevy and a 250 that is getting a 194 head swap in my 82 chevy. i know it will never be a flathead but i just love the look and sound of a nice built 6.

16. harald

harald

Thats a nice body, my 29 tudor was in pretty bad shape.I am interested in what your planning with yours, I keep changing my mind between traditional hot rod and RAT ROD, I like both.