Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 49 Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Style Deluxe Hamburg, Jan 21, 2010.

1. PoPo

PoPo

amazing work. Glad to see you just cut it all out and started over again, that had to be the hardest part to spend the $ twice. Buying it and then redoing it.

2. Style Deluxe Hamburg

Style Deluxe Hamburg

damn, what the hell is going on here at the HAMB!! Thanks a lot for all the response, HAMBERS.... I´m just doing what i have to do. I bought that thing so it´s mine...It´s like i´m on a Mission to save a cars soul...And step by step i build myself the car that i saw in my dreams two years ago....

@kickstarts: Don´t worry about the hydros. I had a bunch of cars with Hydros and Bags and all that stuff... for me Hydros are the only way to roll low, i need that sound to get a smile on my face. The Setup that you can see in the pics is not that one that goes into the finished car. This one is just there to try out...

3. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Whats the worst part of the whole situation? The "Butcher" of SoCal has threatend the dude for posting this mess of a job and outing him. If anyone out there knows this guy please tell this guy to get a grip and start doing quality work and this wont happen! I for one will be glad to stand by this dudes side in the face of the "Butcher".

4. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

You have done a great work. Maby will take it to sweden some day i can see it.

5. amok@work

amok@work
    from germany

nice work buddy.
    rim it like you strangle it!

6. customcory

customcory

Well I see the thread got shut down on LosBoulevardos, so keep us updated on how it all turns out. :D

7. fitzee

fitzee

I am amazed that someone did all this ruff work and felt he was doing a good job. Too many people rely on filler to fix all there problems. The C notch was a nightmare.They just chopped everything out of the way and knitted some steel together.How do people get away with it.

8. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

You know Ollie, the car was hacked when our friend got it, and it was hacked when you saw it being worked on. I know it's not rite to build a car like that, but maybe you learned a lesson about looking closer for yourself before making an offer.

I don't think it's rite to drag the whole club into it. They didn't build this car. The club name was welded on as a joke, hence why it actually says "Gonners Puto!" if you see both sides, because everyone who saw the car up close knew it was a joke and a throwaway car.

One final note, he never touched the A pillars, the car had been chopped previously (poorly i mite add, and part of the reason it was considered a throwaway car originally). Also, if i'm remembering correctly, the A pillars weren't tacked, they had been brazed during the first chop.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand, i'm not defending what was done on this car, just shedding a little more lite.

9. rockguy92

rockguy92

Hey Dude,
    I know where you are coming from. I spent a half day getting all of the bondo of of my quarter panel. Just one of those necessary evils that must be done because of someones laziness and/or ignorance. But you are doing the right thing, especially if its a keeper.
    The Rock

10. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

This thing has turned in much of a shit storm than anyone wanted (at least i hope).
    Just one things to b4 i get out of whats totally not my biz, Im happy to hear both sides
    of the story as reason is always half way between the two.........
    keep the vision in your head clear!
    And sell me those Rockets if you need funds! :D

11. farmer12

farmer12

Wow Hamburg, great work! You've rescued a wonderful car and appear to be doing everything in a proper and concise manner. Been looking at all the pics quite a few times now. Impressive. Keep the photo's coming! :)

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Holy shit!!!! Now im not pointing fingers, im just saying Holy shit!!! Good man for taking the time to fix it and save it!! Not easy......i did it to my 51!!:eek:

13. Eryk

Eryk

This is good to hear. I think when people see the pics without any context, its easy to jump to conclusions about the car/builder/scenario. I know it happened on our board. And we had to squash it down and get rid of all the shit talking. It shouldnt reflect on the Gonners, especially if the car was a hacked throwaway car before they got it. We've kicked it with Adam and a couple other members at Primers and stuff. All standup dudes. Say what you want about the car or the work, but he's right, the club shouldnt get dragged into it. Mis dos centavos.

14. Style Deluxe Hamburg

Style Deluxe Hamburg

hey chris,
    that`s not all right, brother. Please stay at the truth!!
    Yes, the car was a little hacked when i saw it first time. It was primer gray, a bit chopped with posts(!) and the trunk was stock. The frame was hacked a bit. I bought the car in that condition and made a deal with our friend. I payed him money to make everything clear ,solid, driveable and streetlegal. He did a fuck and hacked the car more and more. He pancaked the trunk, he Hardtopped it, he notched it, He builds the c-pillars. and that in the worsed way i ever have seen. My Problem was that i allready payed his work before i saw it. So i had to take that hacked piece of shit because i don´t wanted to lose all of the money. Remember yourself chris, how many times did i call him to talk about that car and he lies to me all the time....

And just one more thing.
    I never said anything about the Gonners Club. There are some really cool dudes in that club, they party hard and have a lot of fun with their cars. I just have a Problem with the Builder of the 49 not with the CLUB....

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

I got two words.... Ian Berky!!!! :D

Should've had it towed to his place before it got on the boat!!! Well worth the dollas!!

16. You basically jacked up the radiator car and slid a new car under it. The continental kit had to go!

Bob

17. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

wow, what a hack job!
    You´ve got the roof flowing now, well done!

18. 73super

73super

You have a very colorful vocabulary for a non-resident. That's ok.. I get frustrated like that sometimes too.

You're doing a great job with your project!

19. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

I don't think my point was clear. I know what work he did and i know it was bad work. My point is this. That car already had major problems when you first looked at it. I think on that trip here you were frustrated because at the time there were not very many good deals around. I think that maybe you rushed into a deal that you normally would not have if you had more time to think about it.

I still think what he did was wrong, and i think you've done a good job repairing it. I'm also sorry that you got the deal you did. No one should do that, but people do, that's why the saying has always been 'caveat emptor.'

20. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

From the pics, the car looked good. Man, when the paint and bondo came off...........:(

21. inkmunky

inkmunky

That thing started out as the rat rod of the kustom world.... sheesh some people have no fucking respect

22. Sorry to see the car didn't arrive in the condition you had hoped...but your doing a damn fine job of righting all the wrongs on that car.

Keeps up the good work Bro and keeps us posted on it's progress.

23. 40hemicpe

40hemicpe
    from anaheim.ca

curious. why buy a car to redo everything?i know in this situation you had fix all the shit that was done to it.but why not buy a stock uncut car and perform the work yourself?.i see this all the time. people overseas want a custom or hot rod pay big money and some times end up redoing the entire car seems like a waste of money.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  24. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

I dig the connecting rod's Lots of clean up work on the frame, holy bondo. looking good towards the end keep it up bro.

25. you danm right!!!!

26. Style Deluxe Hamburg

Style Deluxe Hamburg

here is some small update, i started with the trunk today.... and is going better and better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Eddiesixem

Eddiesixem

Bravo man bravo!!!! How come you quit updating on the ruffrodders site?, i was wondering what happend to this thing!!! That looks like the nightmare we all fear the most, your doing a good job man keep it up.

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

Cool , glad to see an update !!

29. Tin Can

Tin Can

cool, good to see you still plugging away at it

30. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Keep up the good work , Hamburg !