Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features my first custom...'49 ford tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2345.coupe, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sweet project, I've had a few shoes in my day as well.

Don't forget to put a block plate between your M/T

2. cut the trans. tunnel out of the floor to get a better perspective of the situation......raised the tranny about 1" to get the 3 degree drop at the pan that I wanted..........the manifold is out of level 3 1/2 degrees and I can use a angled carb. spacer to get it level if needed........I'll have to check it again, but it looks like I don't have to raise the floor to accommodate the tranny........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Albie

Albie

Awesome, well thought out build 2345.

4. installed the new U bolts and stock spring pad shock mounts......also installed a new idler arm........and lastly installed the tranny base and rubber mount.....real sweet, just line it up ,drill two holes in the cross member, bolt the base to the cross member and bolt up the tranny to the base plate.......got it from jamcosuspensions........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Skrap metal

Skrap metal

damn fine job lad.

6. tired something different.....painted some of the rear with por-15 ,silver, then topped it with Eastwood reflective aluminum rattle can paint......the bottom half of the rear has the reflective aluminum applied to it ...the top half does not.......I like the results, so I'll finish the rear with both products and post the results.......also installed the dr's side rocker panel.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. got the rear coated with the silver por-15 and also did the backing plates with the black.......next the reflective aluminum .....
    [​IMG]

8. rear done.....motor and tranny out.....next, bear claws ,from Hagan Street Rods.....and fab new floor panels.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

That paint on the differential looks good.

10. got the passenger side bear claw tacked in...works great,... less the connecting rods.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. changed the bear claw location.....put the claw in the body of the car and post in the door.......ran a rod from the opener mechanism down and out the rocker...added a threaded extension to the supplied rod, welded a nut on the end ..pull and the door opens from the outside.......drilled a hole on the rear window casing to access the claw mechanism from the inside of the car ....bent the stock rod to fit in the opening mechanism attached the door lock knob and push down and the door opens from the inside....... passanger side hinges shot ,to much sag, former owner switched the hinges....... sending them out to be rebuilt...Shoebox Ford Enterprises........only broke off two screws......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. re-worked the pull rod door openers.....they were in the path of the rear window channels plus I didn't like the looks of the rod ends sticking out of the bottom of the rockers.........now the rods are positioned on the outside of the window channels and the rod end nuts are hidden and come out of the inner rocker panels,... out of sight....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. started the floor restoration.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. hoop

hoop

I am amazed at the quality of the work you are doing,Great job.

15. cut out the driver's side rusted floor.......por-15 the frame , cross member ,floor & body supports........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. cut the floor and seat mounts out of the rotten floor and relocated them on the new floor patch panel..........fabed a new fire wall kick section, bead rolled it and mocked it in place.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. got a drivers side floor patch panel fabricated and mocked in....also did some metal work on the bear claws
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. got the passenger side floor patch panels welded in , fabricated and mocked in drivers side floor patch panels.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. passanger side welded in .....next remove the dash.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. got the drivers side floor panels welded in .....also welded in the drivers side bear claw........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Brings back a lotta fond memories. My 1st car was a 49 2 door sedan just like yours! Good Luck! Looks like you're off to a great start!

22. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

Good work, keep it up.

23. got my rebuilt hinges back from shoeboxford.com......installed them with new hardware.....going take more adjustments to get the door to fit properly ..........dash out.....time for metal prep........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Excellent potential and you are making great progress!! Keep going, looks super.

25. adjusted and aligned the doors, they were sagging....the passanger door wouldn't close unless you lifted it up then closed it......almost where I want them....I'll have to wait till the motor and trans. are installed to get them aligned right, this will give me more weight to jack on..........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. 50shoe

50shoe

really looking good. what are you plans for the dash? metal flake? chrome?

its taken me 5 years to get to this point with my car. :(

27. I'm not certain about the dash yet.........but I'll let you know.......

28. burned off the old undercoating with a nap gas torch and a putty knife....still needs more wire brushing........sanded dash and coated it with zinc oxide.......probably going to use it in another project.....have two others to choose from......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  29. undercoating removed, ready for the por-15 prep.......there's probably better ways to remove .......these are the tools I used.........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. rockguy92

rockguy92

You are doing a great job. Fantastic work. Keep it up.
    The Rock