Register now to get rid of these ads!

What? Another 1932 Ford "help I.D." thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gearheadbill, Jan 23, 2010.

1. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

1932 Ford Tudor. What kind of "backing" piece goes inside the front of the door behind the garnish to hold the front 3 screws? I assume it's probably wood but due to the 2 clinch nuts set into the framework I' not certain. Whatever Ford designed to be in that spot is gone.

Attached Files:

2. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I'm not a 32 ford guy but that window garnish doesn't even look like it belongs in that window. It looks to me like that is the drivers side frame with those square corners.

3. titus

titus

its the correct moulding

they made wood blocks and metal blocks to go there, one had 2 screws and one had 3 screws i think, i cant remember tho.

you should just be able to fab a set out of wood.

my metal ones are barried or else id take a pic for you.

JEFF

4. blt2go

blt2go

yes there is a block of wood with two recessed machine screws, it fastens to the front of the window frame and then your garnish screws into the wood. it also has the felt for the front window track if i remember right. i have to go through the pics i will post when i find them.

5. One of my 5 w doors use the wood the other is metal. Probably one door is a califorina door.......

6. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Thanks for the help. I figured there was something sposed to be back there.

7. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

bernie, don't you know that ALL 32 questions are to be forwarded to dad.:D

-danny

8. thunderbirdreg

thunderbirdreg
    from Toronto

Hi bill I have pictures of my 32 tudor metal moldings that go behind the garnish moldings, I can not figure out how to post them for you ,any suggestions? I am new to this board. Let me know Thanks Reg:)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  9. There is a metal piece that goes in that location....Not wood....
    I dont have a photo but I'm sure someone does....
    It is square shaped and has provision for the U shape glass channel for the window....also has a flat that fits behind the front edge of garnish and shaped like the leading edge of garnish..Wish I could post a drawing of it,as I have it detailed in my 32 notes.

10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've had cars with both the wood strip and the stamped metal strip. Never figured out when they went to metal. I just fabbed a set out of wood for the last 2 door.

11. alchemy

alchemy

The early tudor I worked on had steel blocks, so wood must have been late production.