Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney, AUS car clubs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flat_Broke, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

So after deciding that a move home was in order after all these years i'm just wondering if there's any good & active hot rod clubs in Sydney.

An internet search has only turned up dead links, sites that haven't been updated in years or clubs that only permit pre-war cars......and i'll be coming home with a '54 Ford.

Anybody in the know?

cheers,
    Rohan.

2. celticskull

celticskull

yeah theres loads of clubs in sydney and im sure you and your car will fit somewhere
    best to find one when you get here and meet people you get along with
    where in sydney are heading to?

3. huero

huero

Loved Sydney when I went there (twice actually). Wish I could live there.:)

4. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

Probably out near Merrylands/Toongabbie area. Real estate isn't too bad there.

5. celticskull

celticskull

cool kinda central to everything
    the real estate sucks right across sydney no mater where you live you will be ripped off
    i think sydney is the 2nd or 3rd moxt expesive city in the world to live right now not just for real estate but everything
    ill be leaving sydney when the time is right like( most people heheeee )

6. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

are there any good flathead shops in Sydney?

7. oz40

oz40

Like they say....
    You can take the boy out of the country,
    but you can never take the country out of the boy..
    Welcome back..:)

The rodding cutoff date is the to purely define what is a hotrod.
    As most clubs are affiliated with the Australian Street Rod Federation they simply comply with this definition.
    However the ASRF has also other class cars up to '65, and clubs loosely fit in with this also.

And as most guys have plenty of toys rannging thru all the years, there is no real BS and normally everyone is welcome in the club ranks.
    So it doesn't matter if you belong to a club or even a lone wolf, you bring your car and normally you hang loose and enjoy the company and beers..

I am sure others will tell you this also and give you more info on the Sydney scene.
    All the best for the future.
    oz40 (Tom)

8. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

yeah fuck it...i'm just gonna cruise and wait for people to approach me

9. celticskull

celticskull

when is the big move ?
    Ill be happy to introduce you to the guys in the club im in if you wish (jokers wild )
    we are a small non political club family friendly and in your area .also affiliated with the Australian Street Rod Federation
    always looking for new members
    we have rods ,t buckets and 50s customs so your car would fit well
    and i dont know of any shops that do flatheads in sydney but im sure there would be some someplace

10. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

Wont be moving for about another year...but it's never too early to start planning the logistics side of things. I'll be out there looking at houses in October.. if you're gonna be around it'd be cool to grab a beer.

11. celticskull

celticskull

cool sounds like a plan

12. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Someone recently sent me a photo of this plaque for our website and I'm wondering if it's an Australian club. There is also a Sydney in Nova Scotia, Canada and I don't know of any other cities with that name. Do any of you down under guys know for sure?

[​IMG]

You can also view the other 23 club plaques I have on the Australia page .....

I also wonder how many more clubs have plaques for their members.

13. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Not sure what time it is there so I'll bump this. It's been 12 hours since my last post.

14. Never heard of that club, but it may have been an old defunct club.
    There's Mike's sidevalve Supplies in Adelaide, just a short 700 mile trip.

15. I've gotta find a club where people like me. Everyone hates me so far. Oh well, at least the guys on the HAMB like me....
    You DO like me, don't you guys an' gals?....