Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junkyard help needed ...local yards empty

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flyer, Jan 21, 2010.

1. 48flyer

48flyer

Hey guys, I am wanting to put a brake pedal, master cylinder, booster in my coupe from a 1979 FORD FAIRMONT.
    we have used these very succesfully in the past but no yards up here have anything anymore.
    does anyone have a fairmont lying around or know of a yard that might have one that would ship this stuff
    Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

2. The early '80s small LTD is the same thing as Fairmount. Used to have an '83 small LTD wagon. They still turn up in the local yard where I pull most of my parts.

3. 62rebel

62rebel

wouldn't that include all Fox bodied Fords? can't imagine that too many Fairmonts have eluded the smelter by now. (i'm one of the very few that can stand them)

4. Also if I remember right the early '80s Granada, Thunderbird, and Cougar shared the Fairmont platform and probably the same pedal assembly.

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Go to rockauto.com and look up the parts you want, boster, master, etc. Select one and click the button for more info. It will tell you all the other models using that part. You will have a whole list of compatible donors.

6. Rynothealbino

Rynothealbino

Where are you located in MN? I have a friend whose parents have an old Fairmont sitting around just east of Hinckley that I am sure they would sell parts off of. I am thinking about nabbing the 2.3 out of it for my '31 Model A this summer. PM me if interested and I can get you the contact info.

7. vertible59

vertible59

Mustang and Capri, plus many other Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury products from '79 on into the '90s were built on the FOX platform. Parts should be no problem.

8. Eb4Prez

Eb4Prez

Yesterday on the Fayetteville, AR craiglist there was a 1979 Fairmont wagon, running, driving, for $500! Looked pretty clean from the pics.

9. Tried Flat Top Bob (Owens salvage co) in TX?
    The HAMB-o-Dex is your friend.....( and Bob is too! :))

10. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Go to "French Lake auto salvage" if you don't live close by it is worth the trip
    Fritz