Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockabillyrat, Jan 21, 2010.

1. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

ok i have a 29 model a tudor and i want to go fenderless with a full hood chopped 6 and no channel on 32 rails. and it will be low as i can get it with out having problems bottoming out with a slight rake. so any one got any pics so i can get an idea how to get the stance to look right.
    thank you.

2. With a name like "rockabillyrat", you're behind the 8-ball already.

Put down the OSR & do some research here...

JH

3. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

my name and choice of music has nothing to do with the type of cars i build. i dont like rat rods. and if you read what i was building you would know that.

first of all i did search and only found two pictures. so i wanted to see who might have some in there pc that might share.

please never post one any thing i write again. people like you are a waste of time when all some one wants is info they have a hard time finding.

4. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

this is what im going for. only one i could find any one got any other cars built this way.

Attached Files:

5. blt2go

blt2go

don't let coddington get to you. i also have been looking for pics of sedan builds. will try to upload a few for you.

6. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

thank you. i found alot of sedans just none on 32 rails like that one. i really like the hood but no one seems to run thoes too. i think that car looks better then any sedan i have ever seen. thats how i want mine to sit.

7. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Lets play nice boys!!!!

8. blt2go

blt2go

there is a pic in the jan. issue of "street rodder" magazine. page 36, the car is credited to derrick pesko of allstar hot rods in berlin, CT. i about fell off the couch when i saw it. i have had my 31 mocked up similar to this several times (used cardboard templates to replicate the 32 rails). either i read his mind or he read mine, fact is he's done and i'm still working. good luck on your build, and i will try to upload this pic later.

9. DemonSpeedShop

DemonSpeedShop

Take a look in my albums, there is a front view of a 31 Tudor that we had. it has since been sold, I will look for some more pics. It was pretty low and had a great stance.

10. The stance you're looking for has been built into damn-near EVERY '32 chassis ever put under a hot rod. Do some reading. It's not rocket science.

Maybe you should change your name to ROCKABILLYGERBIL.

Welcome the the HAMB. :cool:

JH

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  11. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Look up "ALLSTARDERRICK" on here (I think that's his name). He's got about the best looking Model A sedan I think I've ever seen. Super low, great stance. Maybe he has an album.

12. X2... great looking car!!

13. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

ROCKABILLYRAT, You know the "R" word is not liked here yet you put it in your name?
    That would be like joining a cat forum with a name like "PITBULL" or "ROTWEILER"??

14. HATED1

HATED1

the windshield starts to get real small with a 6 inch chop. we chopped mine 4 3/4" and it seems small with the frame in place. 6 inches is a lot.

15. Gerbil,

You're hanging in here. I like that.

My original advice stands though... Back away from that rat rod crap & do some research.

None of this stuff builds itself but it isn't too complicated. If I were you I'd think seriously about a Model A front crossmember with a reversed eye spring and a 4" dropped axle. This should get the front end down regardless of the tires you run (within reason). In the rear you can go with a transverse spring & ladderbars. Again, this should put your read end where you want it regardless of tire size (again, within reason). Several vendors offer nice center crossmembers or K-members... or you could fab your own.

There are TONS of chassis build pics here on the HAMB. A few links that may help...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300262

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136377

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104217

Also, go on Ebay or to Wescott's & get yourself a copy of the original frame specs for a '32. This will show where your axle centerlines & such should be. If you don't already have it, buy Mike Bishop's book on How to Build a Traditional Hot Rod.

JH

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  16. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

thank you much harrison... now thats the info i was looking for.

dont worry i have gotten off the rat rod train long ago. half that shit i cant understand why people think it looks good. i really want a nice affordable street rod.

i was going to go with american stamping 32 frame rails. so go with a stock model a front crossmember? i was looking at the 1.5 drop they offered. but i dont want to be to low. i still need to figure out tire size to really know all this but i got an idea. riding on a superbell 4in drop axle. and with the rear i was going to do coil overs. build my own 4 link and rear cross member with a winters v8 rear end. and build my own k member. i think this may be a good start. once i get the tire size and the frame rails up on my chassis table it will be a little easyer to go from there.

17. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Most other boards, my Signiture is "Ranger Rat" Now when I first started posting here, this is the name I used. Found out quick that is was a poor choice of words. I got tired of explaining myself to ignorant, uninformed americans bitch about the Signature, So I re-registered under "Hyway Hauler"

Funny thing is that my last name is actually Ranger, and as far back as I could remember, my father has call me Rat as a nick name (nothing to do with Rat Rods):eek:

Don't sweat it Newbie
    P.S. they also don't like "Street Rods" here.

18. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

not much they do like here i see. well steet rod may have been a poor choice of words. but traditional isnt it....... hmmmm im going to call my car a....... well it will be mine that i made the way i want. that works.

19. blt2go

blt2go

sure makes a guy want to ask these self proclaimed "gods" of traditional rods a question. i think the people that really have the answers distance themselves from some of these yahoos. i think coddington did about as much for traditional rods as arlen ness did for traditional choppers.

20. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Ill tell you what you need to get the front low ,You need a crossmember at 0 degrees .32 are high model a an inch lower ,Aftermarket you can buy straight across 3 inch drop axle and some volkswagon tires ,And the back set where you like ,Any more drop on the front will get you into trouble with steering .I fogot to mention a posies spring with reverse eyes .Im not into the drama thing reminds me of Boyd Coddington show .The show made them look like idiots .And another thing I only have 4 inches of pan clearance from motor to ground ......

21. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

ROCKABILLY RAT, Post a good side view of what your starting with and let the photochoppers do their thing??

22. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

all i have is an untouched body in the garage. i havent ordered anything for the chassis yet since i have not got every thing figured out yet.

23. Labold

Labold

Hang in there Gerbil. We are all on the same team.

24. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

How about this--

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not my car, but I did the hood.

25. blt2go

blt2go

great looking hood by the way, the rest is none to shabby either. will look great finished.

26. jtruelove44

jtruelove44

someone pass the popcorn this tread is great! at least rockabillyrat finally got some answers he was looking for good job for staying with it and standing your ground! build it how you want and screw everybody that doesn't like it, they don't like they don't have to look at it or drive it. so more power to ya man!

27. rockabillyrat

rockabillyrat

THATS IT. just with a chop. thank you. that is a bad ass tudor,

28. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

"since i have been wrenching for a living for 6 years"

Damn. Six years huh?

29. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

this defines what we like:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274

We're here because we pretty much agree with Ryan's (our administrator) vision of traditional hotrods. I have varied automotive interests but I try to stay 'on topic' when logged into the HAMB...