Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1934 Plymouth Couope

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppershox, Jan 20, 2010.

1. choppershox

choppershox

Here is a picture of my 1934 Plymouth 5 window coupe. Steel body and doors with the exception to the deck lid. 2x3 rectangular frame that is plated on the front and has lightening holes in the front area. Quarter elliptical front end, 4 wheel disk, BB Chevy, powerglide. 4 link rear with coilovers. 3" channel over the frame. Im running 1935 ford wires with halibrand style front with 7-00-16 BFG silvertowns and 500-15 on the fronts. Im using bomber seats, bomber steering wheel(yoke) and aircraft instruments. Im installing a 10 point jegsster 1932 ford rollcage. Car will go silvertone gray from a 53 ford with black interior............... Thats my $200 Hemi in the foreground of the 2nd picture. Its a 5.7 from a 2004 Dodge truck...I may put it in at some time?
    I will update as I progress.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

are you going to chop that bitch ?.....................:D

3. Those are great looking cars!!!
    Joe

4. willburton7

willburton7

I think it looks good the way it is without chopping it, But on the other hand it would look bad ass chopped.

5. choppershox

choppershox

Id like to but I can't. Im 6'3 and with the 3" of the body channeling my head would stick out the roof. Theyre about 5" shorter stock than a ford.

6. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

nice car eather way.

7. choppershox

choppershox

Wynona passes her big brown beaver to all of her friends...... Love Primus... Im too tall and the roof is low stock and my head would stick out the roof if i did...I agree, it would be bitchin chopped....

8. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

9. budrow

budrow

That will be one nice ride! Thanks for the post, made my day!

10. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

Plymouth coupes are COOL.Keep us posted on your build.

11. Very, very cool.

12. I like what you got on the set up table. The front eliptical springs look real neat, esp. with the holes in the frame, and the ford grill shell. Keep us up to date. I want to see more as I work on my own '33 coupe.

13. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

My Dad had one in the fifties. Cool cars. They looked chopped from the factory.

14. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Hope you kept the original independent suspension and sold it to Joe the restorer for a nice chunk of change to buy hotrod parts. That was the only year of independent suspension until 39 or or so.

15. Master of None

Master of None

Those cars already look chopped keep it stock. like where your headed with the project!

16. choppershox

choppershox

I have a dash piece and both doors in fiberglass. call me if you or anyone you know need them..702-683-5143 Dave

17. choppershox

choppershox

I bought the body only for $1300. I have made all the other parts including the frame. I need a steel deck lid if anyone has one..Its the only glass part of the car....

18. choppershox

choppershox

Chopping isnt an option. I need all the head room I can get since I am tall from the waste up...Stock roof height with the hole filled for strength and to keep the damn las vegas sun out in the summer and the snow and rain out in the winter...........

19. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Love it!!! I have a 33 coupe I'm building as well. I'm on the fence about chopping mine, but I agree, with a channel there just isn't much room (height wise) in the car.

I don't have an extra decklid, but I'll surely keep my eyes open around here for you.

(mine is mocked up in my avatar)

20. choppershox

choppershox

Do you have any pics of your car?

21. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Here's how the car sat when a good friend owned it. I fell head over heels in love with it! It was sitting on a 33-34 Ford chassis channeled enough to cover the frame rails. 5 years of waiting and I had the chance to buy the body.
    Right now I'm collecting parts, but thats half the fun!
    You can see from the one mock up pic how the inner doors were cut out for its dirt track duty, but by the looks of the tin, it never saw track time.

You running a hood on yours??

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      42.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      40.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      35.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      37.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      46.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      52.1 KB
      Views:
  22. choppershox

choppershox

I have had for 2 months and have only worked on it about 10 days. I spent the other 6 weeks getting parts or trying to get parts I should say..Ive made pretty quick progress and want to drive the car this summer finished..Im building it entirely in my garage so its kind of crammed.. Thanks for the pics....

23. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Here are a couple of pics of a 34 Plymouth Coupe under my care, built in the late 50's early 60's.You could always fill the trunk as has been done here, this one has been channeled 7" over a 36 Ford chassis shortened 7 1/2". They really don't need a chop. Look forward to seeing more shots as you progress and I like the front end look.

Attached Files:

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

nice project!!

25. Rich R

Rich R
    from SoCal

26. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

27. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

Good luck if you are trying to sell the OG suspension parts.
    I wish someone had bought my 34 Chrysler suspension stuff, I couldnt even give it away.
    I finally gave it to the junk man, he owes me a favor, but thats all I got. There were a couple of guys on this board interested, but never got their
    ducks in a row about the parts.

28. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Good luck on you build,a 33 plymouth was the 2nd car I ever owned. A buddy and I went in halfers on it to drag it. We got it for $300. It ran B/comp. with a 53 olds v-8 and a 3 speed trans, matted to a model A rearend. The sucker could run all day in 2nd gear.

29. RTSrunner

RTSrunner

A flathead V8 in a Plymouth! What no Hemi motors down under?Very nice car you have there.
    RT

30. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Not to many Hemi's around at that time in New Zealand. He bought an army truck to get the Merc flatty out of it and sold the rest of the truck again for more than the original price.