Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1962 Motorama in 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Dropped off my entry yesterday. Gonna be another great one for sure. :)

2. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

This is a great show with a lot of variety!! Can't wait to see it again.

3. Enter your 55 and join us this year.

4. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

almost a month away....shit i gotta get to work....see yall soon!!!!!!!!!!1

5. donrodin

donrodin

I'm looking forward to actually being in the show this year instead of a spectator, but I have always been impressed with the Road Rockets dedication to putting on good shows! February can't get here soon enough!

6. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Get that A in the avatar ready. You can park next to my Model A and Lindrosses 18 dodge roadster .We will also have the very unfinished dymans 29 A roadster pickup with us as well. Come on down !!!!!!!
    Killer show , no ropes, stantions etc , just cars and people .......

7. Goose

Goose

Well I have seen a quite a few pictures of the cars that are going to be at this years show. A lot of new people with a lot of cool stuff. Going to be a great show again this year. Hope many of you can make it down to the show. We have 2 bands playing again this year. The Nosey Joe Band will be playing Friday night and Dave Smith + The Country Rebels will be playing Saturday evening. Come on down and see some great cars and hear some good music to boot!!

8. donrodin

donrodin

well I really appreciate it and I am very much looking forward to it, the atmosphere is perfect for a real rod and custom show! what time do you think you guys will be rolling in on thursday?

9. I think my car will have a mostly done interior for the show, short of some plating. Its gonna be nuts.

10. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

finishing up the chasis work on the caddy this weekend...by the 18th of january the car WILL be back on the road....sadly the gasser is gone....but its all good...i have another odd duck in the wings....see yall soon.......

11. We always roll in Thursday AM. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they usually open the doors to roll in around 9AM. :)

12. donrodin

donrodin

sounds good! i should be able to be get there before noon if everything goes as planned.

13. BTT. Get those entries in, you won't be sorry. :)

14. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

only a couple weeks away...cant wait to see yall there

15. I am so torn......

I try to make it down for this usually but believe it or not I scheduled a root canal for that Saturday morning......

But I will be done by 10 AM which means we could be there by like 1 PM on Saturday... oh so tempting.....

Maybe we could see how valium and Woodford mix for me? :D

16. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Does it look like a lot of entries for the Motorama? Hell I can't wait...not too sure what I'll do if we are up to our eyeballs in snow, but I'll get there somehow.

17. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Crap man don't ruin a good Woodford buzz with valium. That's some good shit!

18. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

If I remember right I interduced you to Steve Thompson and that was the last I saw of you..........Ha ha

19. BLUDICE:
    Purging the garage this week and found a stack of pictures from the 1973 Motorama. Found 3 individual pictures of you, Mike Russell and I right after awards standing by our cars with our trophies.
    They are worth a good laugh for sure.

OLDMANOLDS:
    Entries this year are up over 30% from last year and they continue to roll in at a rate of 1 or 2 per day. Over 64 of the entries for this year are cars and trucks that have never been shown in Indy.
    Crazy stuff....

DW:
    Hope you can make your way down to Indy that weekend.

http://www.indyroadrockets.com/rumble.html

20. S.F.

S.F.

Ill be there with my pile!

21. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

John, please bring them to the show....I don't even rememmber Mike being in the show..I bet that WAS a good laugh.

22. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

shhoooo...two weeks from now...oh the sights and the sounds to be had hahahaha

23. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

We are gona be there again. I'll be showing the roadster and Kaitland is gonna clean up the '32 and bring it to the show. It's gonna be bigger and more fun than years past. See y'all there.

24. It's cool to have so many exhibitors willing to bring more than one entry to the Motorama. I think that speaks volumes about the support and quaility of the event.

25. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

You mean I don't have to bring 3 cars each year:eek: I thought it was a requirement:)

Seriously, I agree that the Road Rockets do a great job in putting on a quality show. Cant wait to see all you there.

26. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

Anyone from Ohio or eastern side headed toward Indy?? Set up day Caravan anyone?

27. UPDATE 2-3-2010

Just found out that Gene Winfield will be our special guest at the Motorama. More details to follow in a few days....

28. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

....it works very well.....I've been told. :D

29. UPDATE 2-5-2010

Gene has agreed to chop a car during the show hours of the 62 Motorama.

How cool is that?