Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Barrett-Jackson Live TV starts 01/19/10.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jack Thomas, Jan 19, 2010.

1. It's real. Charley Lillard from Woodland, CA owned it. Not H.A.M.B. friendly, but a very nice car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

I wanted that Black International pick-up that went for only $22K last night.

B

3. I saw that truck, pretty nice, I thought it was worth way more, well except for the SBC.

4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

When my dad died in 2002, I was going through his old papers in his desk and ran across the paperwork for the 1967 Shelby GT500 that he bought new.
    This was the first time that I had the VIN number, so I contacted the Shelby Owners Assn. (or whatever it's called) to inquire if the Shelby was still alive and on the road. I gave them the VIN number and they got back to me and said, "yeah, your dad's car was just restored. We''ll give your phone number to the owner". Cool.
    A couple of days later this guy calls me, tells me all about the restoration and was even nice enough to send me photos of the restoration process. Very nice guy. He said that he had just sold the Shelby for over $200K at the Barrett-Jackson auction. My dad would have flipped if he could have heard that. He paid $4700 for it new and sold it in 1975 for $2400.
    I now a complete file on the car and it's maintenance records, everything.
    My dad was a real stickler for details so he had the cancelled check that he used to buy the Shelby, window sticker, the salesman's business card (Mel Burns Ford, Long Beach), the original sales brochures, all receipts, even the receipt for the new air cleaners and oil changes, the build sheet, a letter from Carrol Shelby, etc., etc....
    Now, I know how much all of the original paperwork is worth to a restored car owner, especially to one who dished out over $200K!
    And here it was, all in a folder that weighed about 4 or 5 pounds.
    So, I did what any car enthusiast would have done...I contacted Steve Davis' at his BJ office via email and said that I had this huge folder with all the original paperwork in it. I went on to say, "please give my name and contact information to the new owner of my dad's Shelby. I'd love to talk to him and then I'll pay to have it all mailed to the new owner". I also said that I didn't want to sell the folder with all the paperwork. I just wanted it to go to the owner of the car. I thought that it was the right thing to do.
    So, my email goes unanswered for a few days and then I get a phone call from some lady who says that she represents Steve Davis' office. She says that it's not their policy to give out personal contact information of any of their clients. I told her that I didn't want the contact info, that all I wanted was for her and the BJ people to give MY contact info to whoever it was that paid big dollars for my dad's Shelby.
    Two days later, she calls back and says that she can't give the new owner my name and number and that what I should do is send all of the paperwork to Steve Davis at Barrett-Jackson and that Steve would take care of it and make sure that the folder would get to the new owner.
    I couldn't believe it.
    If the owner of my dad's car knew about this, I'll bet he would no longer be a happy BJ customer.
    So.......here that big folder sits...all that information in one nice big folder, just sitting on a shelf in my office. Too bad...I'll bet the owner of my dad's car would sure like to have it....absolutely free.
    I ask you....why wouldn't they give one of their big buck customers my name and phone number? Astounding.

5. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Doug, I think you answered your own question. They wanted to get more $ form this guy.

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Sure sounds like it, but man, if the new owner only knew...:mad:

7. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Couldn't you contact the Shelby owners association again, and let them know what you have? Perhaps the new owner will become a member with the association???????

Also and perhaps, the Shelby association will put a little pressure on B J. They might carry a little more weight.

HellRaiser

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I did contact the people at the Shelby/Cobra owners assn. again.
    If anyone contacts the association to register the car, it will also give them my name and number.. its in their computer system...........that was in 2002.

If Barrett-Jackson gets involved again, then I'm not interested.

9. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Here's my .02 about the auction going on down there right now. To be sure, it's fun to dream of owing some of those jewels, but half the fun is to go there in person. There is a lot that goes on, and a lot of stuff for sale that's not necessarly on 4 wheels.

When I lived in Phoenix, and the auction was just getting started in it's infancy, it was fun just to walk down the road getting into the place. All of the cars that are parked on the road side, from people attending the auction. And those that are cheap like me, and just put a For Sale sign in the window with a phone number.

But really, attending the auction is sort of like going to the state fair. It's fun, if nothing else, just to go and people watch.

Without going thru all the posts again, to find who said it, but yep it's fun just to go and look at some of the trophy wives and girl friends. The cars aren't bad either.

HellRaiser

10. Don't hold back Doug.:)

11. Denise, you can use the galoshes @ Latimore. :)

12. Bottom line is you're buying a USED CAR. Buyer beware.

13. they have both been called shoeboxes on the west coast as long as I can remember.....................:rolleyes:

14. I'm with Doug!! Take the damn sunglasses off for crap sake...:rolleyes:

Hey Doug we know someone with some good BJ stories, right....:D

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Mr. Radio Delete!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  16. lorodz

lorodz

[​IMG]
    this one went for 75,000 i loved this car until i just seen the close ups of under the hood. id still drive it though..

17. fordflashback

fordflashback

Maybe post your story on the SAAC forum.....http://saacforum.com/index.php?board=11.0
    I'm sure they would love to help you find the owner.

Here's why I watch BJ................

[​IMG]

18. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

The SAAC has my contact info, but the car is currently not registered with them...as soon as someone registers it, then my info will go to them

19. Yup... "To much Disco Sauce"....:D

20. ro51_hemi

ro51_hemi
    from York,Pa

Steve is a good guy and a mopar nut like me.

21. That Deuce 3wd was built by Larry Griffey here in Knoxville for a local guy who either had it done for his daughter (who was a young teen at the time) or just let her drive it a lot.

If any of you locals can get the number of the blonde cougar who keeps on buying stuff, I'll send you a 6-pack.

JH

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Older'n Dirt, Thanks for the 3window photos, HAMB friendly or not I wouldn't mind having it. What are the firewall tanks for? I'm warning up my sale price guessing for Thursday, I've been over bidding by 2-4 grand on just about all the cars and trucks I like.

23. She's kinda HOT but I think she's more like some really old guys Trophy wife.I am going to try and find out more about her tomorrow :rolleyes:...........I keep waiting for that insurance comerical where the guys drivin a cougar singin about is cougar in the front seat,cracks me up every time

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I bought them for Latimore and wore them last year. In fact they still have Latimore mudd on the them....no kidding.:D

The bigger question is,is he single???[​IMG]

I LOVE that commerical!:D

25. Ditto, and just stop at the ones that interest me. So far, the prices are all over the place. But, the big loons are coming

26. John Denich

John Denich

I know its OT but I am a First Gen Camaro nut....some good deals on those 69 Z28's.

27. jpm49c

jpm49c

Was at BJ today for seven hours. No rain but it's comming! I thought this was the car i would of bought out of all the cars out there. Just the perfect driver. Had a chevy 350 with 350 auto P/S P/B, Black paint with Red int. Just looked COOL!

Attached Files:

28. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I'm diggin it, can do with out the 32 roadsters with fat wheels.

29. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Her name is Tammy Allen.