Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Bombs Away-30s & 40s Lowriders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Dec 30, 2007.

1. I hit the 20 image limit, more...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Man you guys are doing it big ! Keep it up !

3. What you guys have shown here are the most amazing bombs. I greatly dig the mary- jane van.
    Here's my little aussie 'bomb'.(1981)

Attached Files:

4. Lucky444

Lucky444

Awesome pics Mark! It takes some serious dedication to roll cars like that over there. Will your Chevy be in that line up next year?

5. Yeah and they drive them too! I mean really drive them. There are car shows almost every weekend and usually hundreds of miles apart. And I'll see the same car at each show, rain or shine.

If I get my assignment extended more than a year, I will seriously consider bringing the fleetline over here. They'd love it and of course so would I. We'll see, but I've given it some serious thought.

6. noboD

noboD

The green Suburban with Caddie caps is tits.

7. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Wow!! I'm blown away by all those Mexican styled bombs in the Orient. Its so cool when latin car culture goes global.

I think I like the slammed black '42 Fleetline best. But then, I'm partial towards Fleetys.

8. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

check out the Bay Bombs. Great cars

9. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Just thought I would add this photo to all the other cool bombs here on the bomb thread. Although, this one kind of blurs the line between bomb and custom.
    [​IMG]

10. these cars are wicked. as a teenager, i had a poster in my room of a 39 chevy delivery in candy red and a bright green background. at the time, i thought it to be a custom. now i know it was a bomb.
    if someone knows of or has this poster, id love to see it again and im sure it would fit this thread well.
    keep them great pics coming, im loving them packards!

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Amazing. Who are these guys?

12. There are several great custom car builders in the Nagoya area where I live. It's really amazing the stuff they put out.

13. nobueno

nobueno

Some shots from this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. This boattail riv sure looks like a car I showed against in the late 70s early 80s outa LA I think the owner was in the Imperials, If memory is correct after all these years

Attached Files:

15. Well, it's in Japan now. And definetly not a "Bomb."

16. yeah I guess my point is I wonder how many escaped from the U.S.A. and ended up in Japan and other places around the world.as customs .........

17. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

They do it so big over there man. The dudes in Japan knock um outa the park.

18. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

My 63 Impala wagon is now living in Japan. 36 dodge in France, 60 Buick in Poland. 30 ford also in Japan

19. A lot, but not as many as they used to. I see more and more being built here.

20. Anyone have pics of shoebox Fords done bomb style?

21. 51fleetline

51fleetline

22. Wow! Love the engraving on the trim! Very classy indeed.

23. 51fleetline

51fleetline

:D thanx

24. The last picture is from The HeadHunter and Viejitos car show last year. Viejitos from all over the U.S were there and all were THE cleanest cars you have ever seen

Attached Files:

25. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong
    from Enola, Pa

God, I love this thread..

26. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

these are a couple pics I took with my film camera of my friends bomb i just love his hubcap display it looks great and then a zephyr bomb ( dont see to many of those)

Attached Files:

27. Orn

Orn

I really like the patina of this –41 Buick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe this poncho is more kustom then a bomb but very nice anyway

[​IMG]

28. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Very nice photos but these are later photos. You won't find any photo from the 30's or 40's because the guys didn't have their cars like that then. Back then, young pachucos were lucky if they had a car, and if they did, it was most likely a beater like a Ford Model A.
    By the time the 50's came around, there was a surplus of used cars which were cheap, so the young guys were able to afford them. But, the newer the better, and they still didn't have the money to fix them up so they drove them as they were.
    By the time the 60's came around, most guys could afford nicer cars, but again, the newer the better. By then nobody wanted those cars from the 30's and 40's.
    As a good example, someone gave my dad (free) a pair of 41 Chevy coupes. One was green and one was blue. Both of them were orginal, running and in very good condition. 1st, my dad asked my cousin if he wanted them, he said "No". So then my dad put them up for sale, by one for $200 get one free. No takers.
    After a while of trying to sell them, he decided to just junk them so he and a friend drive the cars to the nearest junk yard and guess what, the junk yard doesn't want them not even for free. After so many tries, he did find a junk yard that took them.
    Back in the 50's and 60's guys didn't load up their cars with accessories like they do today. They used to take them off and throw them in the trash. The only item that was popular was the spotlight. If the car had a outside sunvisor, they would remove it. Bumper guards went in the trash can. Some guys had fender skirts but they weren't that popular.
    So the short of it is, the history of the lowriders is not what most people think it is. Also, the first car to have lifts was a 1956 Corvette back in 1960.

29. krome

krome