Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slingshot dragster giveaway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WORM, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

damn I missed out... congrats to all that won!!

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

What do you guys say we all agree that we can read and count and not turn the tread into a big fuckin downer for now.

3. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

7 ??? Now I don`t feel so special anymore.

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

If you want to donate yours...I don`t have a wife to get in my way....just saying...lol.

5. krooser

krooser

A job for HAMB CSI....

6. I still feel special and yes this is not a downer what so ever. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks Worm.:)

7. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

Make that at least 8- Mark and I are "runner ups" as well... must be that new math. But we also entered the contest before Brian Fox got back with me on building our chassis, so neither one of us will use it. If it is transferable, I'd gladly donate it to a HAMBer that wants to put it to good use.

8. Better change that to 9+, I am one also. could have sworn it said one of five. Guess we aint so special after all. LOL

9. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Keep me in mind!!!

10. Phil1934

Phil1934

If transferable I'll offer mine up. I'm applying for grad school at age 56 so I will be busy.

11. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

Will do- they are supposed to send the details in the next week or so, and I'll ask about it then. If they'll allow me to pass it on, it's yours.

12. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That would make my year,not joking either...lol

13. Got my certificate today and it doesn't say it's not transferable, but then it doesn't say that it is. Mine is free to a good home if transferable.:)

14. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Well,thanks for nothing. It`s only good if I have another $2000 to spend,which I don`t.

Pretty sure this was just a big promotional scam,because I`ve heard of atleast a dozen people so far that got these 1 of 5 prizes.

15. Phil1934

Phil1934

Got e mail today. Certificate is transferable. He will book all 2010 build slots in 2 weeks.

16. superbinder

superbinder
    from topeka, ks

I have a 50% off coupon that i would give away if any body wants it.

17. scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg Got these in the mail today. Free to a good home. PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

18. rev616

rev616

i'll take one,i might actually use it!

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

So was this a scam? Yes? No?

20. Not really as far as i can tell. Then again i don't know the going rate for a front engine dragster chassis. Being a "WINNER" it comes in at $1995.00 rather than $3995.00 list. Mine is on the way to lttle wing on the HAMB and hope he can use it. Shit i just wanted to buy a hat and shirt, don't they know i have 6 projects going on already?:D

21. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Lil pricey for a tack welded frame.

http://www.slingshotdragsters.com/kits.html

Frame on page 1 of the give away says top fuel frame,,and on the sheet thats an extra $1300 ...so guess we have to wait til someone gets one to see....

22. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Ummmmm, thats not good.....

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

ROOMAN rules the earth.

24. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Hey guys, I got a runner up coupon too! As I wanted one anyway, it was all it took to get in line. I bought a used miller tig from a fellow H.A.M.B.er and I'm going to start practicing, as it's been a few years since I last used one. If you get something for nothing, take it! If you can't use it, sell it, trade it or give it away and then you're a hero! The world NEEDS more FED's!!!!! I'm happier than a pig in shit!

25. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

So far I have heard of atleast 2 dozen people getting these 1 of 5 runner up prizes,and nobody getting anything else. Even if I could come up with an extra $2000 to spend on a bare chassis,I have to do it by the end of this month...which will never happen.

Yes,just a big promo scam that also generated t-shirt/hat sales.

Now if this is a yearly thing that they are going to do,and if they can only build a certain number of chassis` every year,why not just cut out all of the BS and just tell people right off the bat that your chassis kits start at $1995???

Where can I return my t-shirt and hat to for a refund? I refuse to wear them.

26. WORM

WORM

This is FAR from a scam.. we decided to give more winners the $2000.00 instead of the just 5 because of the economy and this is the thanks we get. We figured with money tight we would help stimulate the economy with extra FEDs going out and people got pissed !!!!!,,,for US GIVING SOMETHING to them..a gift,, well if you dont want it, fine, send it back, deney it ,,I am fine with that, but dont trash talk us for giving Christmas certificates to people to help them have a dream come true,,cant figure you guys out.....
    -WORM

27. Don't get your undies in a bunch, your email said you had all but one of the build slots full a month ago. thanks for the coupon but I'm getting one built local.

28. willymakeit

willymakeit

Why did you send this msg. to me in a p.m ? I just came in started reading the posts. Dont know what is going on but dont be p.m ing me with messages like this.

29. He sent me the same thing. ;)

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas... give the guy a chance... This just sounds like a misunderstanding to me...