Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake Fitting Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Montechris, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Montechris

Montechris

Does anyone know the size of the ports on the later sixties dual GM MC, the common one used in the chevelles and trucks and vettes?(i would like to order the next part at work today if possible)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Second, i have a clearance issue where I&#8217;m going to need a 90 degree fitting that will convert the back MC port to 1/4 line. I know i can get the straight version from the auto parts store but i need it on a 90 degree so it dumps straight down due to there not being enough clearance between my master and bodymont. Anyone know where to get something like this or what to look for?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks!

Chris

2. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

when I was doing my brakes, I needed an adapter. I was amazed at what the chevy dealership had squirrelled awaay behind the window. Stuff you just can't get at the parts store. but try them in person and get the oldest parts person working( they are more knowledgable)

3. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I go to Car Quest ( most likely NAPA has the same lines ) and buy a short line the size I want ( 3/16 or 1/4 ) with the correct size fitting on the end to fit the master cylinder. :) Only a couple dollars each.

[​IMG]

Car Quest has 3/16 lines with 3 or 4 different size fittings. Same thing for 1/4 line.

I can then use a tubing bender and a tubing cutter to run the lines on out to the rest of the system. :D

[​IMG]

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:D :D

39 All Ford was posting while I was hunting for a photo ...
    The lines at Car Quest use the fittings he shows ... already on a line :eek:

6. Montechris

Montechris

I gotcha, but i need what is in the picture but one that 90 degree's out of the master becuase i only have an inch between my MC and body mount. I tried the tightest bend i could with my tubing bender and it was not enough.

-Chris

7. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I would try to find a Banjoe fitting ( something like this )

[​IMG]

OR this and then use a AN line

[​IMG]

8. Montechris

Montechris

9. Montechris

Montechris

I posted before i saw this. But the second image is what im looking for. Can i get a simple brass one from grainger or should i get this blue aluminum piece? Anyone have any idea on the thread sizes so i can order at work today?

Thanks for all the help!

-Chris

10. TheMonkey

TheMonkey
    from MN

11. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

These guys will have whatever you need. They're reasonably priced (a lot cheaper than Godman), great service and somewhat nearby you.

Click here: Classic Tube - Club Flyer

Good luck

12. Montechris

Montechris

IF this had a flared end it would be good.

13. Fenders

Fenders

What Deuce said -- my local NAPA has a rack of drawers full of different size fittings like that in the photo, one may be just what you need.

14. TheMonkey

TheMonkey
    from MN

15. Montechris

Montechris

AN lines are to highttech for me. lol. Trying to keep this cheap.

But howabout some thread sizes on the rear port of the MC? Anyone...?

thanks for all the help so far!

-Chris

16. ECIGUY

ECIGUY

The fitting sizes for the GM cylinders are 1/2-20 for the front brakes, and 9/16-18 for the rear. Banjo fittings for inverted flare lines are out there, try Pure Choice, they probably have them.