Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pinstriping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peter johnson, Jan 17, 2010.

1. peter johnson

peter johnson

Pinstriping,how much is tooooo much!gunna get dash on 34 chev done

2. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

never too much if the guy/girl knows what they are doing.

3. edweird

edweird

On a dash, alot of striping looks good.

4. edweird

edweird

Run it over to my place this week and i'll do it!

5. slik

slik

its all in the eye of the artist (car owner). my opinion is less is more.

the negative space left over (unpainted surface) also acts as part of the design. you can create a lot of depth and wow with what is left unpainted in contrast to what is painted.

just saying that there is a limit to how much paint to lay down and not look like it was a practice dash for a newbie.

6. Old Saying.
    A true artist is one who knows when to quit.

7. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Remember , not only are you paying the guy to stripe it, but you're also paying him to know what to leave off !!

8. Joe King

Joe King

It depends on whether you want to see the dash or if you just want to see striping

9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Your striper should know what will look best!!

10. pullinlines

pullinlines
    from indy

absolutly i've been a striper for 33 yrs. and you need to know when to say when,and also how many kolors and what kolors.

11. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

It's your car. Think of it as a tattoo, your pinstriper will go home you have to live with it. Talk to him, look at other works to get placment ideas. I like subtle to insane, most customers don't want my more radical work they want clean and subtle and thats cool. Don't leave it up to the artist for it could be nuts!!! Let his hands do what your brain wants. Trust your artist!!!

12. Just my opinion but I wouldn't put any striping on the dash unless it is in a spot where it doesn't reflect off the windshield.The double image created by the laminated windshield glass can be EXTREMELY distracting while you drive;especially when the sun reflects there as well.
    I can't count how many dashes I've done and the customer comes back in a week or so and asks how to get it off.Now if someone wants a dash done,I first ask them if they have ever driven a car with a striped dash.If not I ask if they have ever driven a car with stuff all across the dash and if it distracted them.If they say yes I tell them they probably don't want their dash striped.
    Just something to think about.

13. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Pinstriping is like paint jobs, lots of people don't know when to quit. Pinstriping like paint should accent the car not overwelm it. Less is almost always more.