Register now to get rid of these ads!

7 $100 bills found in interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Aug 5, 2007.

1. kmintexas

kmintexas
    from East Texas

A pristene 1945 quarter under the seat of my 53

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Many years ago, had a few used vehicles that I have purchased over the years locally and the usual spare change etc.

BUT - also in two seprate vehicles VHS videos of two different housewives I knew of in the community......... and some considered upstanding - in the spotlight.

Two sperate vehicles - two seperate wives..... people have private lives and what they may appear on the outside may not be anything at all like that in private.

Will leave it at that.

Cob

3. VonWegener

VonWegener

My friend Tom rented a car from Avis and ran a red light in Burbank. When the cops stopped him he mouthed off to them and they checked the interior of the rent-a-car.
    Found prescription medication under the seat that most likely belonged to the previous renter.
    Tom got hauled in anyways and I got to bail him out the next morning. The whole thing became quite a nightmare and very expensive for him.
    Apparently Cal law makes the possession of somebody else's drugs a felony.........

4. TomWar

TomWar

My wife bought an AMC Marlin about 25 years ago, It had a box with someones ASHES, in the trunk.

5. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just brought a '61 Biscayne 2dr post that lived in Pennsylvania all it's life, and found a lot of rust in it ! :eek: :D

6. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

a 61 from Pa and rust hard to believe :rolleyes:

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Umm, not that much

8. ranchwagun

ranchwagun

My wifes uncle bought a rusted out 65 ford convertible at an auction for a parts car. Brought it to his junk yard and didnt touch it for about ten years. we were out there one day digging through some old cars looking for treasures. Decided to try to get in the trunk with no key we just ripped the old rotted well liner out of the way enough to peak in i could see an aluminum intake in the far corner.excited we went back to the shop and got enough extentions to reach in through the back seat and remove the bolts in the latch. When we opened the trunk we almost shit, it was a 6 deuce intake for a desoto hemi started digging and found more hemi parts, valve cover,head,rockers,crank,almost everything except the engine block. Of course you know how the story ends he sold the shit on egay!

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

In 1948 my younger brother and I were playing in a community dump in an petered out gravel pit, out in the county near our farm. Everybody for miles around dumped their trash there. There was an old car body with seats still in it, we pulled out the front seat and found several sacks of rollin' tobacco, Golden Grain, Bull Durham, etc. It had been wet so some of the flavor had leeched out, but we had enough smokes for the rest of the summer!

10. motomatt383

motomatt383
    from Durham, NC

when i was about 22, i was restoring a 68 Caddy,in the process of removing the carpet for cleaning i found what appeared to be a large diamond. i laffed, stuffed it in my shirt pocket. a couple of days later i swung by a jeweler to see if it was real. much to my surprise is was very real, almost 2kts worth. i took it home & saved it for someday, fastforward 20yrs. my wife & I took a ring that was her grandmother's & had that stone set in it. she wears it to this day.

11. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Back in the mid 80's my brother and I rented an RV to drive on vacation.
    We were about 10 miles out of town(Dallas), me riding shotgun and my bro driving,when
    our kids came up front with a red felt drawstring bag they found in a cabinet.
    I peeked in and there was a baggy of weed,papers and a Bic lighter! We decided that
    "who knows what might be on it" and we should probably get rid of it.
    Just about then I saw two hippies ahead on the shoulder hitch-hiking.
    I quickly cranked down my window and thew the felt bag at them as we whizzed by.
    We saw them pick it up in our rear view mirrors.
    Can't say what happened but I bet they were happy campers that night!
    I like to imagine that they still tell the story today, like ...
    "Yeah man, we were broke, no money, no dope, no hope and we just prayed...
    Lord help us ...and then...A MIRACLE HAPPENED....

12. von zipper

von zipper

I found some receipts from the methadone clinic when I bought my 67 econoline van!

13. Well I guess after 2 1/2 years and 191+ relpies and 17,932+ views, who really gives a flying fig if it's been done before.... :D:rolleyes::eek:

14. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

My find was lame and kool at the same time. Took out the back seat from my 61 Chevy and found a penny from 61. Wondered it rode around that long. Put it back since I figured it might get home sick

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's Federal Law, all 50 states.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't believe that I just sat here and read clear through a three year old thread.

In the early 70's I worked in the Pontiac dealership in Waco, Tx. Had a customer come in complaining about a noise in the rear end of the car on corners. I went for a ride with him and when he turned the corner thud, on one side of the car, he turned the other way and thud on the other side of the car. I says " you wife must have left her bowling ball in the trunk". He says "no way, the car is broke somehow". Got back to the shop and opened the trunk and there bigger than Dallas was his wife's bowling ball loose in the trunk.
    Same place and about the same time a coworker had a customer come in with a just purchased new car with a rattle in the passenger door. He pops the door panel of an finds a nearly new half inch impact wrench, Tells the customer "got it fixed you shouldn't have any more rattles now". I haven't found any thing in cars that I bought except change and tools.

17. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

A rattlesnake about 6 feet long living in my flat spare tire

18. bigbubba

bigbubba

only thing i found was a straight razor,the hard way 9 stitchs a tetnus shot and an aids test

19. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Found two Swiss Army knives in a Swiss Army Jeep... Go figure...

20. Nik

Nik

So.....Cob, old buddy.................have you gotten them converted over to digital format yet?:D

21. bdr1

bdr1

hey hey hey............we have one in our stable here (wifes car, but occasionally gives me loads of giggles) :p

22. dragit2death

dragit2death
    from michigan

There was a 62 bel-air that floated around my small michigan town for years. It changed hands and paintjobs a few times, always pretty cheesy but a neat car, there was an urban legend that it started out as a little old ladies car. After she passed away the car lost its straight six for a 402 bbc and began to get passed around town like a bad girlfriend......a fellow club member purchased the bel from a guy who desperatly needed money to go on his honeymoon....I stopped by his shop to bs and lend a hand in the teardown process and while removing the glovebox he pulled out a small leather glasses case with the old ladies cool cat-ey specs inside...little rhinestones and all. They still reside in the glovebox to this day.

23. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

Found a dead bloated doberman in the trunk of a mid 60s dodge that came into the junkyard. A switchblade in the dash of an s10 that was rolled and i fixed the rattling was driving me nuts. 900 dollars cash and twenty cartons of chesterfields in a school bus that we pulled out of the wood sombody was living in in the late 80 i was about 10.

24. second_time_around

second_time_around
    from Ohio

found a us airforce ring in a 57 chevy heater duct on the dash

25. 51hornetdude

51hornetdude
    from denver

20+ years ago when I was in my early 20's, my grandmother gave me a Subaru wagon that her 2nd husband had been driving (he had died). When I got it home, I did a quick detail job and found and envelope hidden behind the rear washer container door. It contained $1000 in fifties. I waited a couple of days before I decided to tell grandma (I needed the cash, but was losing sleep over it). She was so pissed off at her late husband, because she knew he was hiding money from her but he wouldn't admit it. She did let me keep the cash since I was honest about it. I tore the car to shreds looking for more $, but no luck....

26. G'day all, Picked up an ot chev at the local dealership at the end of the month when they desparately needed a sale. Had just been traded in so no recon done. Opened the trunk and took out a bag of snap-on tools, gallons of unopened coolant, more than a case of oil, and a bunch of laundry detergent.

Then started on the inside and found rolls of quarters under the swivel buckets and more tools in the console. All snap-on stuff too. Wife drove the car for six months before we parted it out.

27. Pontius

Pontius

I found an old rusty Lucky Lager bottle opener stuck in the door post of my 36 ford pickup, been using it ever since.....

28. mattybear

mattybear

About 7 years ago I bought a used Dakota 4x4 from a small town car lot. On the day I picked it up they had detailed it and parked it outside since I was coming to get it after they were closed. Got it home and found a nearly perfect grille from a 66 mustang in the back when I opened the hard cover on the bed. Its hanging on the shop wall now.

29. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Found the glove box key to my '64 El Camino in a magnetic key locker Between the fender and inner fender when the fender was removed...
    A friend owned a VW wrecking yard back in the early 80's, bought 2 911 Porsche theft recoveries...We were stripping one for parts to use on the other, found 2 vials of coke behind the kick panel...

30. Does this count? Back in the late seventies I found my third future-ex wife in the back seat of a 69 GTO I'd just bought. If I'd have known then, what I later found out, I'd have bought the car by proxy.