Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to have it all done to! Then take a break for a few days....

2. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

She hardly needs a buffing, you rock man.

4. sloppy_J

sloppy_J

the color looks really good!! cant wait to see it all put together.

5. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

A little trash in it. Lots of clear so it will clean up nice. I soaked the floor to keep the fuzz down but still got a little. Not bad for shooting it in my dirty ass shop. I'm beat! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. McFly

McFly

So nice Turkey...this last update brought a huge grin to my face, effin' rad!!!!

7. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I'm happy for you man, you've done a ton of really great work and inspired alot of people! You better shoot some video of the first drive for all of your HAMB family that can't be there in person!

8. fitzee

fitzee

Nice build.I am amaze how clean it is for where you sprayed it.

9. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Wow theres not even words for the look of your 32.....Incredible

10. Desert1957

Desert1957
    from Pa/Md

OMG!!! Awesome results for a do it at home paint job, Makes me want to try it myself. Yor buddy who shot the color and clear has to have some experience to obtain these kinda home results HUH?

Desert

11. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

this guys thrifty, he cleared everything in his garage in just a few hours.... no more rusty tools for that guy!;)

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

He's good, been painting for 30 years. He has taught me a ton and he's a great guy. You can imagine how sticky everything in my shop is. Now I have this really cool model and can't wait to put it together!

13. kisam

kisam

Sticky! Been there! How many times did you sneek back out for a look - like it would disappear or something? Looks amazing - Congrats!

14. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Fantastc you should be the ppg goodwill guys the paint is awsome!!P.S. I cant see fiberglass under that shinny stuff!!

15. Just read this from beginning to end (again)...very cool

Can't wait to see you progress. The difference truly is in all the details.

16. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

I just read this whole thread a couple of days ago I'm glad I just found it. Its so much more fun to get in on the end result than to have to wait for months of updates. :D That think is killer. And the fact that a rod of that quality was built at home, even better. Oh and piss on the glass haters.

17. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Looks great but that guy spraying should really be fully clothed in a pair of overalls

18. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Is he still alive?! Clear is usually catalyzed material with isocyanates, i.e., super glue. Does great stuff to lungs unless you use a breather mask with outside fresh air supply. Beautiful job, but not worth risking your lungs.

19. joco

joco

I really love what your are doing, great job.

I'm waiting for the weather to warm up, so I can get the base paint on my Bel Air 57.

In Holland (europe) it so cold, that we can skate on the rivers.

Greets, Jo

20. PoPo

PoPo

amazing turkey. just amazing. when i scrolled down my jaw dropped and it was better than i expected!! I sure wish I was closer and could come see it in person go together. Like a child being born!!!!

WOW!

21. 65 impala

65 impala

turkey looking good man

22. Holy shit this car is turning out great. I love the level of "finish" that you gave everything. Awesome!

23. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Looks Great Turkey. I'm inspired by your Drive, Motivation and attention to detail. It will help me tremendously in my build........

But a question from me....Is the hassle of preparing and then cleaning up your Garage now with all that clear everywhere, not to mention the extra rubbing required to get contaminents out of the paintwork worth it over hiring a Paint Booth and doing it with minimal contaminents and risk to your health?

24. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

Man,alive! If you think that 32 Ford is a rust bucket,you would have a stroke if you saw my 33 Plymouth coupe or my 42 Dodge coupe. I even have chassis sections I have to replace that are rusted out from mouse nests.

AND,I will probably be selling my 32 Ford 5-window coupe this summer to get the money to finish my workshop and do the 33 Plymouth. Here is a photo of the 32 the day I bought it.

[​IMG]

25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Great question, glad you asked. First, my shop is not finished so clear everywhere is ok and it's not as bad as you would think. The other side of my shop is a downdraft booth that is half finish. Second, you will get a small amount of trash in the finish (lint) even in a booth. I was blown away by how clean all the parts came out so I decided to go for it and save the money on renting a booth and shoot the body at home. Last, let me say you guys are right about covering your body. Safety is king and I always wear respirators and gloves ect. but in the past I used single stage paints and have never shot a whole car so I didn't think getting a little clear on my skin was too bad. Wrong! Never again, I'm still feeling it and my head is pounding 24 hours later. Tonight we finished the trunk lid and I was cover up! I wont make that mistake again. It doesnt seem to afect my buddy. I will load pictures tonight.

26. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

You said he had been painting for 30 years, that means he as become accustomed to the ill side effects. I'm not Mr. safety myself, in fact not safe enough most of the time, but I know a guy that has been painting for years like that and he told me he is starting to feel the effects as far as nerves and respiratory issues.

27. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

28. duste01

duste01

29. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

damn thats hot

30. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

How much will be on yours Arthur :cool::)