Register now to get rid of these ads!

East Tenn. HAMB'ers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tricky Hickey, Dec 19, 2009.

1. 4ever18

4ever18

In addition to the Kingsport, Bristol, and Elizabethton weekly Cruise-In's, Rogersville & Bristol have drag racing. Bulls Gap, TN and Coburn, Va have weekly round track racing programs. Of course, Bristol has the NASCAR track and a 1/4 mile NHRA drag strip. If you're into scenic drives, the hills of East TN and Southwest VA offer scenes like this:

Attached Files:

2. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Don't worry about the car club attitude thing. There's plenty of car stuff around here without even joining one of those. Most guys around aren't even a part of that stuff. As mentioned above plus if you don't mind a little drive there's about a 4 to 5 hour drive to the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, about a 4 to 5 hour drive to the NHRA vintage drags in Bowling Green KY. (highly recommend) In April you are only about 3 hours away from Charlotte motor speedway Autofair. (highly recommend) and in the fall about 8 hours away from Hershey Penn. AACA huge swap meet and car show. (very highly recommend). Now that's from where I live in the Tri-cities in Johnson City. Plus there are a bunch of just get together and hang out sort of things on Friday nights around here. I promise you want be disappointed.

3. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

If you don't mind me asking, why are you moving here? (Especially when we are having mornings like this morning when it was 28° with 2-4 inches of packed snow on the roads, --and a light drizzling rain! :( )

4. padorey

padorey

After living in Tucson we would like to see some seasons. Our Daugther is looking foe a better school system for her kids. More car activites than Tucson have to offer. Another reason I can't say on line.

5. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

Oh sure you can, we speak freely about our 'moonshine' around these here parts![​IMG]

If you are a car builder and will be looking for a job when you get here, send me your resume' as I just had an employee retire this past week due to age/health.

6. padorey

padorey

We will be visiting Eastern Tenn. Feb 24 thru March 5 th to check things out. Look foward to meeting some Hamers

7. hemifan

hemifan

Knoxville. For nearly half a century. Starting to feel a bit like home.

8. Hillbilly Surfer

Hillbilly Surfer

Jonesborough, Tenn. No Shine on mine !!

Attached Files:

9. padorey

padorey

I also like no shine, Traditional rods and Kustoms, no billet, old scholl, white walls.
    Bitchen trunk!!

10. padorey

padorey

If I move to Tenn. what kind of inspection do I whave to go thru? I have done a chassie swap with no serial #'s ?? Looking at many car shows on H.A.M.B. and Hot Rod Hotline, It appears that a front license is not required? I am only worried about my Kustom Buick. I understand there is no state income tax? What is the sales tax, citys and county? Love car activites in and around N. E. Tenn.

11. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

No inspections on vehicles, no state income tax, sales tax is a little steep I think around 9.5% or so. If you live in a city such as Kingsport, Johnson City you have to pay both city and county taxes. Outside city limits just county taxes. Depends on what you want Depends on property. I don't know if you looked on the other post you had up about traditional rods and customs, but I posted you some pictures. Give me a shout on here when you come up. My wife is a Realtor and I am a contractor so if you need any help looking around at houses. I can help you out and give you some of the lowdown on schools around and such. Maybe the weather will be a little better by then, but it has been nice to have a little winter this year. Although I am definately ready for car season.

12. padorey

padorey

Hi jmom77
    Thanks for your help. I would realy like to have your wife to work with us on relocating to Eastern Tenn. send me her email and I will let her know what we are looking for, or phone so I can talk to her. my e mail is [email protected]

Attached Files:

13. padorey

padorey

Hy guys, keep this alive. Is THAT ALL THERE IS??? The weekend is coming, Its cold, spend some time keeping this going. From what I have herd N.E. Tn is what its all about.. Inspire me to venture your way.
    whatzit

14. ratrod0

ratrod0

hey I was in east TENN. last weekend

15. thequietwon

thequietwon

No...the gay looking front tag is NOT required in TN!!

16. skwurl

skwurl

Tennesse is great for car people. I'm gonna sneak a tag on the front of your 32

17. skwurl

skwurl

Gimme a call when you get here 423 791 5742. Dont give this no. to anyone:D

18. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

I can't see that phone number above. (grin)

19. thequietwon

thequietwon

It's been awhile since I went skwurl hunting...:cool:

20. 6mopar7

6mopar7

Great cruise-in in Cleveland (between Chattanooga & Knoxvegas) on the fourth Saturday between April & Oct.
    Link: http://www.mainstreetcruisein.com/

Coker Tire & Honest Charlies are located in Chattanooga

Just a few things of note in SE Tennessee

21. Landseer

Landseer
    from VA

Grew up cruising in Kingsport and drag racing on 11 in Bristol.

22. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

hey man just found this. actually got some work done on the model a

23. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Watch out for the guys that give you there number around here!:D Hey Skwurl I did the same. Well sort of! If they ever get all the salt off the roads around here we need to get the rods out.

24. padorey

padorey

what is salt on the road??

25. thequietwon

thequietwon

When it snows, they salt the roads to melt the snow & ice...

26. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

Haha. You'll find out soon enough! I guess you really don't have that problem down there!:D

27. padorey

padorey

We will be in E. Tn. last week in Feb and first week in March. Look forward to meeting some of E. Tn. Hamers. How is the weather at that time of year? Been looking at car shows on the web. Doesn't seem to be many Radical Kustoms. Going to, Blackie Gejeian's Freson Autorama in mid March.

28. padorey

padorey

We will be in Eastern Tenn. the last week in Feb. and the first week in March. Whats the weather like at that time of year?I have been looking at E. Tenn. car shows on the web. There does not appear to be many radical Kustoms.