Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Farm Find,39 pickup,complete and original

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burninbilly, Jan 15, 2010.

1. burninbilly

burninbilly

:DHey everyone this truck is totally complete,a rare find.I have a chance to purchase it,so any ideas of what its worth or what a person is willing to pay for it.The truck is totally original and all there,help me out.I may buy it just to sell so i can build my 28.

Attached Files:

2. burninbilly

burninbilly

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Not quite all original considering the 49 Plymouth bumper up front but darn nice.

You wouldn't be doing bad at $3500 or less especially if the paperwork matches the pickup.

Look out on the frame where the X-member runs up into the framerails on either at the back up to the rear crossmember. Lots of times pickups get dirt etc. packed up in there and the frame rail goes away. Tap with a hammer or screwdriver point and check for obvious rot holes.

4. burninbilly

burninbilly

thanks for the info i was hoping to get more responce then this

5. burninbilly

burninbilly

im in canada and all the paper work is good and clear

6. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

I guess it depends on where you are located. Here in southern Idaho, I'd value a truck in that shape for around $2500. Of course in this economy, there's not a lot of guys buying.
    Just my view ...

Dan Stevens
    dba, Steelsmith

7. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

Very cool, I love the lines on that truck. The extensiveness of the rust would be what determines the buy price.

8. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

if you can't snag the truck,see what he'll take for the 39 zephyr beside it.

9. unkamort

unkamort

Thats about as clean as field finds come these days... bed looks to be in good shape, all the glass still in it, ect. Still got the engine? Dose it roll over? looks like that one could be back on the road with relatively little work compared to most. As had been said here many times before... Its' worth what you are willing to pay.

10. burninbilly

burninbilly

oh i never noticed the zepher but i can find out,unfortunatly he had alot of precious iron that as usual went to the wayside as just junk,i also found an old hemi hidden away under some junk it is complete and has bell housing but no trans,im sure its around there somewhere,im in sask

11. burninbilly

burninbilly

yes the engins is in it i never checked to see if it rolls over,interior is there but well u know what that looks like

12. I would place a value of between $2,000 and $3,000.

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

:cool:pretty sure I'd give 2k for it.

14. solid

solid

That's an easy $3500.00 truck around here if not more.

15. Rain_man

Rain_man

i want that truck

16. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

I think $2k to $3k is about right, however it will be a MAJOR undertaking if you decide to do it. Whatever decision you make will be the right one. Good Luck!

17. Easy 3k in my opinion if it's fairly complete, three speed trans and a true 39 and not a 38...39 would have hydrallic brakes.

18. burninbilly

burninbilly

i am guessing on the year ,i can get more info or pics,im always out there rootin around,

19. burninbilly

burninbilly

20. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Easy 3,000 on Long Island

21. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

no need to bump your own thread..

22. Deadbird

Deadbird

Me too. Does that mean we have to start bidding? :eek:

23. 31Apickup

31Apickup

It has a two piece grill, so it would be a 38. If so it would have mechanical brakes too.

24. why would anyone want such a ugly truck?:rolleyes: big factor is frame condition.

25. unkamort

unkamort

one piece grill...all the horizontals connect to the center vertical, no V8 emblem at the top, and it has the streamline hood latch. 38 hood latch has a much more Deco look, like stacked plates, and a smaller base (see my avatar)

26. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

$ 3000. - $ 3500.

27. I agree, grille and hood ornament say it's a '39. Other ways to tell '38 and '39 apart: '38 inside door panels were laminated cardboard and are usually long gone, '39 has stamped sheet metal panels. '38 has square ashtray in middle of dash, no hole for ashtray on '39. '38 windshield regulator has a handle just above ridge of upper dash panel; '39 has a round knob up on top of upper dash panel. '38 gauge faces are a light bronze color (same as '38 Standard car); '39 gauge faces are sort of a chocolate milk color (again, same as '39 Standard car).

28. rick goetz

rick goetz

Why isn't that truck buried in two feet of snow? The pictures must be old.

29. burninbilly

burninbilly

pictures where taken in fall,i saw the truck before the snow came but iam going out to take more of engine,interior etc,yep shes in snow now,lol