Register now to get rid of these ads!

What happened to me!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jays66, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Jays66

Jays66
    from Michigan

I have been a car guy since I can remember working in the gargage with my Dad. I Love musclecars and have restored and owned a few. I have never cared for street machines and it would make me sick to see somebody cut up an original musclecar and change it. I was never into street rods, too me most just did not look right. Well fast forward and I'm surfing the net and I run across the hamb. I never realized how much I like traditional hot rods. I just never have been exposed to them.

So this brings me to my post. I have caught this bug and now I'm considering purchasing an original or close to original model A and chopping it and building a traditional hot rod. I would have never thought of doing that before I found this site. To that I say "Thank You" you have introduced me to a whole new world of cars/trucks that will be new and exciting to me. Bare with me because I may be asking some newbee questions in the month's to come and look forward to learning some new things and meeting some new people.

Jason

2. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Welcome to the HAMB Jason! Questions are fine, I just recomend using the search function before asking, a lot of guys get upset if the same question gets asked twice. Glad to hear there are more people getting involved in our hobby and you'll find out the people around here are about as good as they get.

3. hey from boston , ask away

4. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Hey, Michigan here also. Welcome aboard.

5. I guess this is a form of intro?

I probably haven't done anything to make you want to build a trad ride. But you're welcome just in case.

Ask whatever you want. No doubt someone will give you grief over it but save yourself a link to this post somewhere. If or when someone gets all over you just post or send them the link. That'll show 'em.

Anyway welcome aboard.

6. Welcome. Model A's are supported well here.

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You need to stay away from dirty old hot rods, they're nothing but a pain. Seriously, I've fallen into the same trap. Camaro's, Monte's, Vega's, more Camaro's. I was never attracted to street rods, but true old style Hot Rods seemed to draw me in. I'll probably never buy another toy newer than 1950. You can only go so far with musclecars, and the all end up looking the same anyway.

8. See how much wiser you get with age !!!!!Welcome from Texas

9. nitrojoe

nitrojoe
    from Midway,nc

welcome jason, good deal,go for it!!!

10. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from ga

11. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

Halleluyah!!! We've saved another one! LOL. Welcome aboard

12. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

13. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome to you...a new convert to the insanity. Keep us updated with words and photos as to what you are building.