Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chopped 60`s Cadillacs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Jan 13, 2010.

1. fitzee

fitzee

Does anybody know of any 63-64 Cadillac that have been chopped??

2. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

there was a thread on here last year on chopping a 60, but 63-64's I don't know.

3. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

why???

that would be so difficult to get right, but oh so easy to fuck it up. the lines of 60's Cadillacs are just right the way they are. if you really have an itch to mess with the roof find a 61 roof and swap it.

4. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

Here is mine not even close to done me and my buddy started it years ago and now im trying to get back to it im tryin to round up bags and get the caddy 500 hooked up

Attached Files:

5. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

Theres a black with a red metal flaked roof, chopped on flicker. I'll see if i can fin it again.

6. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

I would like to see one with a more subtle chop but this one is still cool
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. fitzee

fitzee

I searched with no luck so I played around with photo chop to see what I could come up with.Now this is a ruff Photo chop but you get the idea. I find the 63 caddy roof line to be tall and the back window looks to be too far forward.So I figure i would move the back window back and lay it down and and lay down the front part of the rear post as well. This could be about a 4 inch chop. Here is a before and after pic of a car I found on the net.So what do you think of the idea for the chop??

Attached Files:

8. Tyrell

Tyrell
    from 203

stop. . put the sawzall down. step away from the car.

9. fitzee

fitzee

sawzall is down....Zip blade is not!!

10. roddinron

roddinron

I don't know, that photo shop looks pretty damned good!

11. Why does it look like there is a luggage rack spot on the hood?

12. roughneck424

roughneck424

I've got a 63 Limo.. Thinking on Chopping the top off and making a ConvertibleXL

13. ratcaddy65

ratcaddy65

that red roof car is how mine is supposed to turn out if i would have seen that earlier i would have had way more motivation that car is awesome

14. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Flat roof chops never look good in my opinion; better left alone.

15. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They look like they may benefit from a pie cut chop??? Maybe its the angle of the pic but maybe a little more out of the front then the back.

16. roddinron

roddinron

To me, that red roof car looks terrible. It looks like it was chopped for the sake of chopping, rather than improvement.

fitzee, if you have the skills to pull off the chop just the way it looks in that PS, I think it would be a great improvement, without looking squashed like the red roof caddy.

17. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

The roof line of these cars is already low. Chopping makes no design sense, it detracts. Just my 2 pennies.

18. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

I dont like 63 or 64s choped,but i am doing one wright now for myself,a little bit of work to make it look like it came of the factory that way,i only did it 2 1/2, ill try and post some pics soon

19. fitzee

fitzee

Oz would love to see them pics. What did you do with the windshield posts.They look to be straight up and down but I know there not.How did you work this part?

20. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

the post was the easyest,i just cut the 2 1/2 out drop the top down and forward to aline up the post and that was it,to easy

21. fitzee

fitzee

So they are straight!! cool. I was thinking on moving the rear window back 3 or 4 inch and laying it down.I find the back of these cars look longer then the front. Also this will make the rear post bigger at the base.Tried to go to your site but can`t find it and ozkustom.com does work,Well not for me anyway!!

22. fitzee

fitzee

Oh and chopping the front post at 2 1/2 inch's how much did the roof come forward??

23. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

i think i only realy cut the a post 2" and the rear was 21/2,my web site is being up dated back up next week----thanks Oz

24. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

cant wait to see the cad all done Oz, your all ready on of my biggest insperations and know your doing the same year cad as mine, what more could i ask for, oh wait i know trade me lol

25. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

thanks man.if i can help you out any,just hit me up and ill get back to ya soon as i can ,good luck on your cant wait to see it done------Oz

26. Thats what it was.. A roof section from an old wagon or blaser or sumthin!

27. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

Thanks, i'l probably be taking you up on that.