Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rockford Illinois Area HAMB on the Rocks - Winter 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TudorJeff, Dec 28, 2009.

1. ...you'll probly see a lot a daily drivers at this gig...

2. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

If I can get my brake figured out on my bike Ill be riding it!

3. PoPo

PoPo

bringing the daily as the car is still on a shelf in the garage with the parts underneath it.

If you find the place just put up the address so i can write it down and then set my Tom Tom and autopilot!

Looking forward to this big time

Just looked up the Tilted Kilt !!!! I'm so down for that

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  4. NAILHEAD JONES

NAILHEAD JONES
    from Lomax ILL

this is goin be great

5. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Mark your calendars! Mark your calendars!

On January 23rd the first HAMB on the Rocks for 2010 is going to be at Granite City Food and Brewery in Rockford. I've never been there (mainly because they don't sell Wendy's Double Stacks) but I heard their burgers and sandwiches were great. Plus they are a micro-brewery so they serve adult beverages for those that would like to partake. The restaurant is at the Cherry Vale Mall so it's easy to find and is just a skip and a jump from Hopp's.

Daily drivers are more than welcome. Significant others are also welcome. This is more about getting out of the house, meeting some new friends, and catching up with old friends. The open house at Hopperstad's is an awesome bonus and I would personally like to thank him in advance for opening up his doors for us on a Saturday!

We will meet around Noon and plan to head to Hopperstad's around 1:30 or so. Thanks for all the interest, have safe travels, and I look forward to seeing everyone!

Here is a link to their site...

http://www.gcfb.net/

Granite City Food & Brewery
    7140 Harrison Ave. Suite 108
    Rockford, IL 61112

And here's Kerry's address:
    Hopperstad Customs
    6860 Imron Drive
    Belvidere, IL 61008

FWIW I tried to reserve a spot for us at the Tilted Kilt. That Saturday happens to be their grand opening and the manager lady said she would not reserve for any parties at all. Not sure if her kilt was improperly adjusted or what but she actually sounded like quite the Bee-ach. Oh well.

Get ready to have a good time and keep sounding off so I know who's coming! ~Jeff

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  6. 1) I promise to wear a plaid mini skirt so you guys don't feel cheated.
    2) Thanks to Jeff for putting together and Kerry for hosting.
    3) I can bring name tags if you want.

7. dez9090

dez9090
    from milwaukee

I plan on coming. Hope to meet some new people as I'm rather new to this site myself. Sounds like fun.

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

1) Sweet!
    2) I didn't really mean to, it just happened, and definitely thanks go out to Hopp.
    3) We are good on name tags. Larry made us some, and Al and Julie brought some, and I bought some - still have most of them from last year.

Also forgot to mention that significant others are also welcome.. Ill add it to the other post too.

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

what about insignificant others? incase shana wants to bring me to the next one????

10. Snarl

Snarl

I'll be there...

11. Granite City sounds great, I've already got my menu picked out.

12. Keith48

Keith48

Keith48 and wife will be there!

13. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Jeff I eat at Granite City all the time Its good food. Just not sure were they will put all of us and there will be alot of saturday shoppers. You did a great job in the past so I know you can make it happen were ever you chose.

14. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

So what you are saying is you are moving from landscaping to road work.

15. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I rode it around the block once in the rain the day I got back with it. Then whamoooo I jerked it apart and done alot of work to it. I cant say I built it but I can say I rebuilt it and made it better!

16. josh77

josh77

Wingnutz and I are probably making the trek, sounds like a good time, but we may be late for lunch. I've got some louver work to drop off for Kerry anyways.......

17. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Sounds like a plan, We'll see you next Sat.

Thanks Jeff:cool:

18. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

count me in for one and two if i find a significant other by then

19. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I hope to be there........
    not sure if anyone knows about this - but perhaps if you want to do something on Sunday morning - you can go check out some models!

CAR models that is...........

Rockford Wheels in Scale Classic Plastic Swapmeet

Sunday, January 24, 2010
    Ken Rock Community Center / Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Aca
    3218 11th Street
    Rockford, IL 61108
    Times
    9am - 3pm
    Admission Fees
    Free admision to all because the economy still hasn't rebounded. Donations accepted.
    Description
    Rockford Wheels in Scale Plastic Model Club is having a Plastic Model Car Swap Meet. Display tables will be set up if you would like to show off your models and building styles. It will be held at the Ken Rock Community Center / Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Academy at 3218 Eleventh Street in Rockford, IL on January 24, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The early bird admission is $10. Swap meet tables are available for $10 dollars. There will be 50+ tables available. Pre-registration is available to guarantee a table. First come first serve. Vendors doors open at 7 AM. Prepaid tables are non-refundable.
    Contact Information
    If you have any questions, please contact Dan Myers at (815) 239-2391 or email at with the subject line “RWIS Model Show”.

I have to get over there that morning to meet with Jimmy Flintstone since he is doing everything for our art show........so I may just show up with my daughters and make an appearance before I have to get back and tear down the Quad City Show

Breeder - if you want me to hand out flyers - let me know!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  20. t5stang91

t5stang91

i will be going and probly bring 54chop with me. be nice to meet some of ya. i like mexican

21. bottle

bottle

Hey Tudor, I just fond your post Looks good looking forward to meeting some new hot rod people, Hopperstad see ya

22. uniquecoaches

uniquecoaches

We are still coming up from Peoria and am looking forward to see what Kerry is cooking up in his shop.

23. magnet

magnet

I'm coming.. my name tag will say "Ruler".

24. could i get one with Poop Noodle on it?

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I suppose that is better than "Tape Measure" or "Yard-stick"

26. Diamond49

Diamond49

Tiger Mark & I will be there.

27. PoPo

PoPo

Ok, its just Slickster and PoPo now, the other two have rescinded and have to work or watch kids. so I will see you guys Saturday.

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Anyone coming up from the Decatur/Bloomington/Springfield IL area? I'm working on a HAMB relay to move some books and paper stuff from the Rockford area (Winnebago specifically) down to Plowboy in Cerro Gordo (Decatur). It has to be there by Monday so Saturday/Sunday would be perfect. Can any of you help me out? PM me if so, I've already hi-jacked your thread enough. Thanks!

29. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

That's alright. I was just reading this thread back and it's about 80% hijacked - thanks to people like Breeder, StickShift, etc. :D

30. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha:eek: