Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Visit to Stan's Barn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by synthsis, Jan 13, 2010.

1. synthsis

synthsis

Most of the guys in the South Jersey/Delaware Valley area know about Stan's barn, but those who aren't from around here might be interested to see what he's got going on. From what I remember he built this place by hand many moons ago with leftover materials he'd be collecting. The purpose of the visit was to go see HotRod Scott and check on his progress on Klaus & Cindy's AD Panel truck he's been working on. With that said, here are some pics from last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the donor Panel next to the hood and quarters that they'll be using to finish the good one.
    [​IMG]

Klaus' Panel, in all it's glory.
    [​IMG]

A shot from the loft down below
    [​IMG]

Some speed parts tucked away on a shelf upstairs.
    [​IMG]

Old motor, new motor. The blue 235 is going in the Panel.
    [​IMG]

Security.
    [​IMG]

Trucks everywhere
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front clip for the Panel, in really nice shape.
    [​IMG]

They're changing over all the running gear, so it's going to sit lower than this.
    [​IMG]

awesome.
    [​IMG]

Since I'm out of work I plan on making visits every couple weeks to document the build up of the Panel truck so keep an eye out for updates as they come.

2. tigerShark

tigerShark
    from Tampa Bay

3. I love that barn!! Some cool stuff there.

4. Sauli

Sauli

Wow!!!That´s a neat place! If I had a space like that, I could see myself getting rid of my house and never coming out again, LOL.
    I like the "rescue" -van, what´s the story on that Chevrolet in the pic above it...?
    Thanks for posting.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a big mess.

6. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I just love that barn....more pics of the barn would be cool. Can you give a couple shots of the outside? I wish my new pole barn had the character of the old barns like this one... Oh yeah...the panel is sweet too!! I als did the sign hanging in the pic with the speed parts "PLEASE RETURN DARTS TO THE BAR"!! Cool stuff.

7. Wow, diggin the space.

8. synthsis

synthsis

I'll take some more outside shots when I go back next. It was freezing balls out that day and I didn't feel like spending much time outside.

9. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

That's one cool barn.

10. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Love the interior:cool: Nice bunch of trucks as well. Is this place in Jersey?

11. From what I remember he built this place by hand many moons ago with leftover materials he'd be collecting.

Nobody can have that many leftovers!!!!

Quite the shop. Love the Stude double ender.

12. synthsis

synthsis

I think Scott told me one time that all the plywood was the stuff they had up around the Walt Whitman bridge when they were refurbing it many years ago. He said something about it being OSHA compliant and it was ultra straight & true, etc. Stan cuts down trees for a living so it's possible he was just having a lot of the stuff he cut down milled into planks and boards.

13. Great Pics!
    Very cool loft area & overhead crane to bring parts up to the loft!
    Do you any pics of the outside of the building??

14. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

awesome barn !

15. seatex

seatex

MAN CAVE! How come this didn't make the Baleigh thread? WOW!

16. synthsis

synthsis

I'm headin out of town for a couple days but when I get back I'm planning another visit. Scott wants to do some video segments so I'm gonna bring my buddy with a camcorder and see how that goes.

17. Love the barn, outside pics of it?

18. i need to come on down check that place out

19. synthsis

synthsis

Definitely. Next time there's something actually going on over there I'll send you a PM. It's prolly not gonna be till it's warm out though.

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

love the barn I bet hes got a hell o a wood burning stove in there

21. thats fine by me-thanks joe

22. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Neat place. Thanks for sharing

23. A NJ/PA Bridge it was ... but much of the lumber used was the scaffolding from the Benjamin Franklin Bridge when it was painted blue.

I think someone with some serious journalistic integrity should write a piece about this barn. There is some outrageous tales attached to this build and some incredible craftmanship displayed in Stan's Amazing Barn!

Synthsis - thanks for posting these pics! Do you have any more pics that you can share with me privately. Since we've never actually seen either the 1 ton or the 1/2 ton any glimpses are greatly appreciated.

I'll see you at the end of April when I come over for my week of working on the panel.

Kuztom Klaus

24. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

What`s better than a barn full of old Chevy trucks?

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

Any updates on the panel ??

26. What he said X infinity!

27. No not really, but I promiss you that I'll post alot of photos after I've been there April 28 - May 4 to work on the 1 ton! I can hardly wait! Talking about having a long way to the garage!!

Klaus