Register now to get rid of these ads!

From This to This in 13 Months

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 43gman, Jan 12, 2010.

1. robertrj

robertrj

Great job! You've been busy for last 13 months. I been working on mine for 37 years and got it tore apart again. I think you nailed the build you were going for.

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

All that matters is you're having fun. I hope when I'm your age I have as much insight.

Neat car, too. I dig the fenders!

3. millerhotrods

millerhotrods

I am 23 years old and only dream of the 50's and 60's, but to me that car is perfect! Very nice job and I LOVE the ORANGE SBC!!!!!

4. I like that the man built HIS car the way HE wanted , and for the record I like it.
    I'm reading some of the snide remarks from weeks and figure he must be a real clever bloke with a collection of really fine HOTRODS .... shame I couldn't find his album.

5. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

Nice car man, I'da kept the green, but then again, I didn't see it up close... Nice to see a clean, simple, early SBC like that too. Everyone tends to chrome everything on thems, or buy aluminum these days unless they are restoring something...

Don't you just love the arrogant, opinionated youth of America... A 25 year old kid telling an oldtimer (no offense) what cars looked like in the 50's :) classic!

6. Mo$4Ford

Mo$4Ford

Looks Great To Me. Would Love To Build A Tudor Like That, Someday. Enjoying What I Got For Now.

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Christmas is over. Peace and good-will...all tapped out.

I love it, 43gman. Congrats. Looks great. Kinda jealous even, that you've got yours together, and mines not yet.

Actually, I love 'em all, flat or shiny...smallblock or not. As long as they have a "pre-billet" look, as yours certainly does.

Some say that certain things have been "over-done". One guy even said to me that roadsters have been over-done. Geeeeeez.

I can understand the desire to have something "different". But maaaaan...there's only so many ways we can build 'em. Smallblocks and primer were standard fare for many years, and so they are very traditional. And the truth is, if the majority of 'em had Nailheads and Hemis, well then sure-enough there'd be somebody talkin' down Nailheads and Hemis! HA!

Check this out. One day, while planning my '29 roadster build, I said to my wife that I was a little concerned that it might end up looking like a lot of other "traditional" roadsters out there. You know...black, steel wheels, etc. She's a smart girl, and she said, "Well...how many other black roadsters are there around here?" She was right. We see a lot of hot rods here on the H.A.M.B. and at car-shows, and sometimes to us, some of 'em might start lookin' kinda the same. But we have to remember that as whole, our cars are still extremely unique. Not lots of people that can even build a hot rod, primer and smallblock or otherwise. So...I stopped worryin' about it. Nothin' to worry about. My roadster is gonna be about the only one for miles around...period.

Most important...No good reason to talk down each other's hot rods. We're not in competition with each other. We're friends. We're here to help each other, and enjoy each other's company. Let's enjoy. :) Rick

8. Satyr

Satyr

KK.......Kewl Koupe.....................I know yer gonna drive just like those two teenagers would have...

10. chill guys, its only paint.
    this is a real nice car.

11. It's just right, how "you" like it. Thank You for the inspiring car, and that SBC, is so cool looking in there, with it's mid-fifties "new hot rod update" look.;) I wonder if "WEEKS" will approve of me putting a SBC in "My Chevy", or will I have to swap in a Flathead Ford, to pass his HAMB worthiness, test? What a disrespectful "Ass"!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  12. TOYBOX

TOYBOX

Rewind back to 1956. You picked up this sweet little Model A Coupe with a blown motor. So you and your buddys go down to the local Junk yard looking for another banger motor. And you see a brand new 55 Chevy with a 265 V8 smashed up and junked. Low miles. You think ya man I 'am going to have the baddest HOT ROD in town. And you do Brother. Enjoy because you did it your way.

13. nice work! glad you kept the fenders, looks good

14. greazy john

greazy john

i didnt know this was a survey post.... car is great.
    anyway the survey seems correct

GREAZY HUBCAPZ CC East Tenn

15. second_time_around

second_time_around
    from Ohio

wow I read every post ((( must be bored ))) here's my out take ...Picture it Bellefontaine Ohio 1958 Crusin down st rt 68 in a green Coupe everyone peeping or cruising down st rt 68 in a flat black chrome dog dish and a small block V8 with a deep loud rumble ... All the girls panties getting wet and all the guys in the green coupes hiding there eyes hoping they don't make eye contact with you for fear you might say LINE EM UP , I'd pick Flat black any day ... Infact I'm doing a flat black 63 Nova just like a high school back yard hotrod .. yellow traction bars , 60's in the rear side pipes bucket seats , tach , tripple chrome bottom guages and painted up motor, yeah it's cookie cutter but hey everyone wanted one in the 60's and now I'll have one ,,, shame I didn't leave it white huh ? but if weeks wants his grandpa's putter then fine but 43gman wanted to something to smoke that banger and HE DID IT ... Great Job Very well done

16. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Couldn't agree more well put!!!!!!!

17. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

I dig it, and I LOVE the sbc, perfect little period motor! Have fun with YOUR car, that is what matters. Please keep posting pictures, I'd like to see some more of your car actually.

To the few asshats that think their opinion is more important then everyone else's and feel they must be the loudest, go fuck yourselves, leave the HAMB we don't need you. Leave go away, fuck off fuck you. You dicks drive away great builders, and long time members with your "but what I think is right and your wrong" attiude. I'm not much older then a bunch of you young FUCKs but man you guys sure are arrogant pricks...go fuck off....

18. sololobo

sololobo

I couldn't read all the goofy shit that came out over this post. So, the car looks really great, keep up the good work and enjoy that little gem. Man what a super nice body on that little coupe. Just stay on course and don't give in to any negative stuff that may have been said . Atta Boy!! ~Sololobo~

19. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

20. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Man I dig your car. Me and my dad did his 30A we painted it,thats what dadwanted I wanted to do the flat black. Its his car. I really like your its clean and just right IMO...

21. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Awesome little car 43g. I love it.

22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I cant believe the people who have gathered to bash a car based on the paint color.
    The car is cool and looks well executed.
    If Ryan would have shown his Model A this week for the first time would you guys feel the same way?? I personally like flat paint on some vehicles.
    The hamb has gathered its share of goofballs lately.
    As 3windowlarry says..the idiots have assembled.

23. Amen! Stripe it up a little and roll it...I love the brown interior and would incorperate that color with maybe a little orange into the striping.

Not every car has to be a groung breaking car. Drive it without apology. You can always shoot it later if you get tired of it. Don't chop it either...

-Ron

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I cleaned this post up a little... It's pretty exciting to know we have so many children into traditional hot rodding!

On a serious note, if you fellas see a guy like weeks get all pumped up with drama, please just report his posts... there is no need to add gasoline to the fire.

Thanks!

25. 43gman , you have a nice car there...i can't see why this thread went in the direction it did. i hope you understand my first post on this thread asking about your driveline and chassis was because i wanted to know more about your car and not condemn it. i really like the 265. i'm putting a 283 in my current project

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Sweet!
    Love every bit of it..like the guy said..he wanted to build it like two kids would from the 50's..i think you nailed it.
    now go get in it and ride! with pride

on a side note..all this SBC hate needs to go..grow up..
    sounds like too many have had their asses handed to them by a real nice SBC and they are still crying about it..get over it!

SBC is just as Traditional as a Flatty..just depends on the era and style of the build..this guy did a fine job. Any one who doesnt feel that way is a poser on here..and hasent read enough or seen enough of how it really was done back in the days

Weeks needs an SBC cry baby doll..complete with i got my ass spanked by an sbc base ball hat

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  27. Terry O

Terry O

Quote 43gman
    "When we were your age we often had less to say and more to listen to. Times sure have changed."

and sadly there not going to get any better.
    Nice little car, enjoy it and pay no attention to the pretenders behind the curtin.

Terry

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I sawwy...for calling him an idiot. I behave.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

looks good!!!, I like that you kept the fenders!!

30. bigblockdude402

bigblockdude402

Very nice, enjoy the ride my friend.