Register now to get rid of these ads!

I inherited my Grandpa's car today, hell yeah

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Jan 12, 2010.

1. TexasDart

TexasDart

283 wouldn't have the flags.

2. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

3. No Cents

No Cents

Nice car. I have my Grandmas 67 Chevelle. Her first and only new car.

4. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Good way to honor him.... how about a lic tag "GRAMP'S"

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I wondered who got my convert...damn I was pissed when that happened...

R-

6. Derwood

Derwood

Suh-weeet, 62 is for sure my favorite Impala, mom and dad had one when I was a kid. two-tone blue hard top-327 powerglide, man I wish I had that car today.

7. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Great score. Restore it and enjoy it.

8. de-fenders

de-fenders

9. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Parts for that are a non issue , That's a really nice car man. Enjoy 8)

10. That is nuckin' futs.
    Getting my gramps '59 biscayne was killer. Having a heater in it would be even better. Heaters being a damn option, that's just crazy.

Congrats man. nice rag.

11. Friggin. Awesome. Car!

12. bfink55

bfink55
    from Turlock CA

cool car ! and a vert no less , my grandpa had a 78 datsun pick-up , needless to say no family members fight'in over that one
    FINK

13. 19chevy53

19chevy53
    from Nanaimo

14. I got this 1979 ford F250 from my grandpa the original owner. Everyone needs a late model right?

[​IMG]

not as cool as a Impala, but still cool.

15. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Very nice car, you sure you don't want to go the Barry White route? Might make Grandpa smile.

16. Really, really, nice car.

My '58 Chevy 3200 was my Dad's. I inherited it when he passed in 1977. Still got it.

17. jobbless

jobbless

My uncle has a 1928 tudor . that my great grandfather bought new, when it was decided to let his first new car go he told my grandma & grandpa that he was going to sell it. they said they wanted it. they never had to transfer the title, because both my grandpa and great grandpa had the same name. it is still in my great grandpas name.... it was one of 4 model As my grandpa left behind. i got a 30 roadster. the others were a 31 pickup and a 31 woody wagon. it was decided that the first born son would get the 28. there were 2 boys and one girl. my mom is the oldest. kind of sucks! otherwise it would have been mine!!!!

18. Just be sure to keep a close eye on it. There is a subculture that would love to, errr, "relieve" you of it and pimp it out

19. 46 rat

46 rat
    from clever mo

Congrats, nice car good luck on the rebuild.

My grandfather bought his 48 chevy pu brand new. Somehow i ended up with it and with all the org. Paper work . I was hoping to restore it for me. But i started building my 47 dodge pu and he passed away on december 19th 2009. I still plan on doing it.

20. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

:) Congrats on the car! I had a 62 hardtop 20 years ago, and have regretted selling it ever since. The dumbass I sold it to totaled it within a couple months. Mine was a 327 4 barrel with a powerglide. I converted it to dual exhausts, and was pleasantly surprised at how fast it would run. (And I am a big block Mopar muscle guy at heart!) Mine had 15" rally wheels from a mid 70's Monte Carlo and they looked real good on it. It's getting harder to find nice tires in the 14" size that originally came on them. Glad you aren't into the new "donk" type 20+" wheels. I hate them things..........:D

21. Nice!!

Some guys have all the luck!!

22. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Quick! Hurry get some hubcaps and whitewalls! Drop that top and never put it back up! NEVER! Roll man roll.

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The Atomic Impala........just a bitchin car and a great story.

24. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

what's the story with the civic? i call dibs!

25. impalamark

impalamark

Congrats on getting the car. glad to see it in good hands and not sitting
    I built a 62 vert in 1981-82 and had to sell it in 08 due to money problems
    broke my heart to let it go . treat this one right and enjoy it forever
    congrats again MArk

26. Dirty2

Dirty2

Way cool ! Take care of it ..

27. historynw

historynw

Drop top no less, great score fix it like your grandpa had it.

28. hipkatgreaser

hipkatgreaser

great score, currently I'm working on a 64 more door I know a four you say but I have a soft spot for it for some reason. About the badges in question those are 327 badges, the 283 were a simple v and blue and white stripes in the middle of the v or red and white I'd have go outside to check. any bigger engines had the cid on them.

29. It dosn't look bad in the pics, I'm wondering why you'd want to restore it?
    I'd consider redoing the brakes/suspension and exhaust etc and leaving the outside as close to how Grandpa last saw it as possible . But hey thats just me and I've been told before that I'm a bit different!

Either way , congrats on scoring Grandpa's impala , My wife and I have owned 2 '63 Wagons - Both 9 seater Wagons with a heap of options (AC, elec windows, tilt column etc - real unusual in a wagon) They are a hell of a cool car . And great that you won't butcher it with gay wheels etc!

30. Great looking car. I'm not much for 60s chevys but 62's are a exception. Great lines. I see it has a litle body damage on the right front corner. I'd have it repaired and keep it Anniversery Gold. Gold interior?
    You haven't said..is it a P.G. or a 3 speed/4 speed car?