Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Ummmmm, Im trying to remember
    [​IMG]

2. Mine was from when I first went on a computer and was on a Harley-Davidson message board. Stllrng. is an abreviated form of " Still learning". I was still learning at that time, and I am hoping to keep on learning untill I am dead. That's why I keep reading posts here, there is a lot of good information from people with more experience than I will ever have. FLH4-speed got all pissed off at me because I have an evo in my '77 FL; well back in 1984 that was the coolest hot rod thing you could do. At the time it was sort of like taking the flathead out of your '40 coupe and installing a new Oldsmobile rocket! Keep up the good information and keep on learning!

3. I restored/customized this Magnum Sport a few years ago.
    Afterwards my son started calling me Magnuman, so I've since used the name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Because I have a mercury truck!Pretty self explanatory.

5. MERC 55

MERC 55

From my plate MERC 55

6. bigs merc

bigs merc

The lisence plates to my dad's and uncle's cars were always "bigs" something. So hence the name bigs merc

7. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

In one of my college classes we had to start a company and run it for a few weeks. we had to name it. I named mine Lenhart Kustoms-my last name. My best bro and I joked about starting a shop for the longest time, until one day we decided to make it a goal. After screwing around trying to come up with a cool name, I just combined mine and his last names to come up with "Anderhart Speed and Kustoms"-hence the Anderhart Speed

8. Firepig

Firepig

Sworn police officer who works for the fire department as a fire investigator.

9. GREASER815

GREASER815

I love and live the greaser style and live in the 815 area code.

10. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Mine is old, came from living in the North West where it rains all of the time. When I retired in the mid 90's I hated the rain so came up with Rainhater1, got smart and moved to AZ, but still kept the name.

11. okiegreaser

okiegreaser
    from LA

Mines pretty self explanatory. I'm an okie and a greaser.

12. Baggs

Baggs

Baggs- short for last name- Baggenstoss, pretty simple

13. Cragar

Cragar

Mine is my nick name and my number plates on my roadster

14. rotenjon

rotenjon

After i retired from A.F. i went to work for an acft manufacture (go figure) pretty much everybody had a nickname. After a couple of weeks the the plant forman came over and told me since i have no regard for other peoples feelings when i talk to them i was one rotten jon. Have been using it ever since for everything! Had to change the spelling of rotten to use it as an E-Mail.

15. Blam

Blam

I figured if it was good enough to tattoo on my head, it was good enough for a screen name.

[​IMG]

16. Rain_man

Rain_man

will my real name is ranie and i have allways loved playing cards so at a young age friends started calling me rain_man so it stuck i use it for a bunch of stuff

17. 66-Frankenfish

66-Frankenfish

Well I have a 66' Barracuda that I'm building. I am using the tailights and dash from a 65' cuda and other parts from a few Valiants, so I started calling it frankenfish. Since I don't have any real nick names I use it for my screen name here and on a few other sites.

18. gr855

gr855

Love my old 55 and to me it is a great 55 (gr855)

19. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

Been building a 51 HenryJ for several years, has a blown-injected 392 hemi so I squashed it all together and got blojectedj:D

20. jetcycles

jetcycles

My initials are JET and I've been riding, wrenching, or building bikes as long as I can remember

21. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

I opened my hood!

Jim

22. My real name is Wesley. I have some friends down in Mexico. So they started calling me Weslito. Then it changed to El Hueso(The Bone in English) because the Hues sounds like Wes. Then it eventually became "El Hueso de perro." - Which is The Bone of a dog in English.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  23. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I'll give you one guess :D

24. Winterbear

Winterbear

what's a bear do in winter? I can sleep anywhere
    chris

25. AROCK

AROCK

A friend gave me the nick name and it just stuck.

26. Myself and two other HAMBers formed our own car club, The HEAPS. As in your car is a heap. Since I own a '57 Chevy.......

27. EagleFreek

EagleFreek
    from Not Here

I use mine on several forums because at one time I owned a couple O/T AMC Eagles. Still own one. The proper spelling "eaglefreak" was already taken by my email provider so I misspelled it on purpose.

28. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

A couple of years ago I was laid off from my job (again) and wanted to pick up selling our junk, er vintage treasures. My old seller name cincinnatisuede was not very descriptive as a seller. Having a "garage mahal" was just coming into vogue. We kind of liked the garage sale / bazar vibe so we changed it. Ebay selling takes a lot of time, so now that I work a 9 to 5 again the treasures are starting to stack up. If I could just get motivated...
    Check out this excellent post http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420599

29. thebugbox

thebugbox

Mine stems from my older addiction to VWs... The 'Bug' 'Box' refers to beetles and the vans (aka box)... Just kinda stuck since I own thebugbox.com a long forgotten dream of opening an automobile related business..