Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ratster

ratster

great build and kick ass shop

2. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Lookin killer:D

keep up the good work and keep us post on progress

3. PoPo

PoPo

this is one of the builds that I have to look at daily. I just love that frame, I have the same problems with my body and I know where its headed! I just love this whole thing.

Brent your going to have one KILLER ride man. I'm so jealous.

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

Thanks, man!

5. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Lets see some updated pictures........love it!

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This is the first time I've looked through this thread -- man, your coupe sure is turning out nice!! I saw the link when I was reading through your Y-block trans. thread. I have a similar setup that I've been collecting parts for -- 292 Y-block, ramhorn exh. manifolds, 5-speed, '32 chassis... except, with a '29 Roadster body.

Keep up the good work - I'll look forward to updates!

Malcolm

7. skwurl

skwurl

8. firemanjer

firemanjer
    from Colorado

Going back to some of the first pics, What dash is that? I love it!

9. akreone

akreone
    from SLC 801

lets see some progress pics!!!

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

Thanks for the compliment, Malcolm. Your project sounds like a good set-up! :D

35/36 Ford dash.

11. motorhead711

motorhead711

Good luck with the build. Like the idea of the corvette 6 with side drafts.

12. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Got the firewall mocked up and the body back on the frame. Next we are going to put the axle in the frame to get the center line just right. Then its on to building the floor.

<table border="0" width="1024" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMwJTIwTW9kZWwlMjBBJTIwQ291cGUvNzMuanBn" width="1024" height="768"/></td></tr></table>

<table border="0" width="1024" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMwJTIwTW9kZWwlMjBBJTIwQ291cGUvNzQuanBn" width="1024" height="768"/></td></tr></table>

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  13. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

That frame looks great

14. SLCHC-CHIEF

SLCHC-CHIEF
    from S.L.U.T

the build is sweet man loving it just need more pics!!

15. This coupe looks great!!
    Awesome work everyone!!

Can't wait to see it all together

16. Koolman

Koolman

any more update?

17. that car is beautiful especially the frame work any plans on colour yet? thats gonna look brilliant rolling down the road!

18. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Just found this thread.Chop is perfect, like the rear window treatment.That frame is killer!Subscribing now.

19. Itchijohnson

Itchijohnson
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Awesome, bring us more. I love this build.

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

The car is in storage for a bit... collecting parts, saving money, paying bills, and such. My wife lost her job and started her own firm when she couldn't find anything. So, I've taken some responsibility there as far as helping her along. However, in the next few weeks I'll be putting a lakes inspired T Roadster together using no part newer than 1940.

The cool thing is that in all my research for the side project roadster, I've learned a ton about the time period I'm shooting for with this car.

21. Nice job once again SFSS! Every Ionia chassis that they make is a work of art. I would be a regular snob at the art galleries if they had Ionia 32 frames hanging on the walls. Looks like SFSS and Ionia make a great team!

22. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a plan Brent- I haven't had real life get in the way of my projects yet... but collecting parts on the cheap seems to be a good idea for when that does happen.

23. Tank

Tank

Got a quick question, why did the late '31 indented firewall get ditched in favor of the standard 30-31? Or did I miss that somewhere. I like those firewalls myself. Kinda different, in a good kind of way. The chop looks good.

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

No, you didn't miss anything. The car's paperwork says 1930 and I'm a sucker for the little details. It wasn't original to the car, it was bolted in with wood screws and miscellanious other nuts and bolts.

Thanks for the compliments... I can't wait to get this project going again but all in good time and patience and such...

25. Any updates on the 5 window? Was looking great. nice chassis & chop..

26. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Nope - theres a bun in the oven and a new 25 window 3 door, not to mention the banger T, so Brent is as busy as a one armed taxi driver with a good dose of the crabs ;)

27. MORodder

MORodder

Another one collecting dust somewhere, this sucks. Looked like it was going to be a killer.