Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Looks real good I have a sister car 56 Coronet 4 dr solid car $1000;)

2. did show the 56 Fury off (uncovered it) to an old fellow mopar buddie who had one way back when...

3. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Hey fifty6plaza.. cool car...
    [​IMG]
    :)

4. bigblock47

bigblock47
    from Indiana

Here's mine, its got a 318, automatic, camaro front clip, and bags all around.

Attached Files:

• 034.jpg
      034.jpg
      File size:
      361.9 KB
      Views:
  5. mdcolby

mdcolby

6. mdcolby

mdcolby

7. NIICCCCCCCCCEE Show N Go

8. 64gal500

64gal500
    from Dexter MI

i like i like

9. stk1217

stk1217

Hi. Here is a shot of my new toy. Don't be surprised if any of you get a PM. from me looking for tech. Info. Thanks Mario.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

10. anybody know where i can get 55 lenses and the indicator pod/lense?

SintownKing likes this.
  11. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

What are you After?? over.. :p

12. 64gal500

64gal500
    from Dexter MI

hey bigblock47 you got anymore pics?

13. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

We need more info on this car. Lets see the engine and trunk and front and back and.......... More pictures.:cool:

14. Hey Mdcolby, great car and stunning interior! Been following this thread for awhile. Still regret letting a '56 Suburban wagon slip through my fingers. Was not the way cool 2dr version, but still a stand-out in a crowd of Chevy's and |Fords.
    JT

15. IbuildstockMopars

IbuildstockMopars

Hi guys & gals, I'm new here and found this board while searching for pics of 56 Dodge Sierra wagons. I am a model car builder and am trying to replicate a long gone 1956 Dodge Sierra we owned when I was a kid. You can see pics in my album of the model progress but I am in need of a couple of pics if anyone has a wagon with its original gas tank, i need pics of the bottom (what is visible when you look up under the car), and interior seat shots if you have this material:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for any help in advance, Ken Schmidt Long Island NY

Here is a vintage pic of my Dad and the 56 in about 1959:
    [​IMG]
    This pic was taken off an old 8mm film so it is not that good

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  16. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Hello, and Welcome.. theres a few on this board that may be able to help you out.. theres so much here.. and it gets busy... :)

17. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

Hey Fellas...I did my thing on the "Intro" page AND THEN I FOUND THIS THREAD! Jim, from Seattle, Washington area. Just acquired a '55 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer in well maintained conditioned and a pretty good record of past repairs and upgrades on file but needing a few things as expected on the old girl. Not sure if I'll keep her, she came to me as a trade. She's been a daily driver for an Army sargent not too far from me stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington....E-7 Jimmy Ray...Go Jimmy!!!!....

Here are a couple of pics from Jimmy Ray he sent to me before I picked her up.....Good thread....lot's of Mopar guys here I see!

Pic taken at twighlight but she's kinda good looking!
    [​IMG]

Needs a new steering wheel!
    [​IMG]

Don't know if you can see the compressor but she has factory Air!!! And it works!
    [​IMG]

Jim

18. 19swinger70

19swinger70

I have a 55 Belvedere.

19. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

We have a 55/56 Plymouth/De Soto 2 door wagon down here in New Zealand.

It was pretty much disassembled and came with a wagon load of spares so we arent too sure which ones go with it, and which came from a couple of other cars a previous owner wrecked.

I understand that NZ got Plymouths rebadged as De Sotos. So how do I tell what year it is and whether its a Plymouth or a De Soto?

thanks
    Todd

20. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Hello....Got any Photos?? that would be a start.. your cars are a little different there.. from what Ive seen so far.. pretty cool though..

21. 35desoto

35desoto

GAsser Todd
    Sent a pm its a plymouth bodied Desoto - Export model. The Plymouth panels all fit

22. This thread brings back a lot of memories as I had a 56 Dodge way back when I was still wet behind the ears. Any how I recently bought another one but it was too rusty to do anything with so I took out the engine, it says super red ram on the valve covers and the push button transmission as well...I have a few other parts like the big chrome piece that goes on the hood and the chrome steering wheel cover. I have kept these parts in my shop and would be willing to sell them if anyone here is looking. The engine turns over nicely and has oil pressure ...it also has the generator on it with the power steering pump attached to the end of it.

23. Here is mine!!!!

Attached Files:

24. mongo51

mongo51

very kool merctruck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. torch2099

torch2099
    from SoCal

I second that. that thing is damn kool.

26. mdcolby

mdcolby

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is some more pics of the 55 Hardtop

[​IMG]

27. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

are those gto headlights?

28. They do look like old GTO lights

29. This thread kicks ask!

Mine is a '56 Savoy with 56,000 miles. 277 V8 2spd. auto. Diggit, man!
    [​IMG]

30. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

what's up guys? sorry I haven't been on in a little bit, I picked up a 1967 barracuda notchback that's been taking up my time lately. I'm pretty much just waiting on the heads to get back from the machine shop and the 383 I'm building for the car will go back together...then I'm doing a whole drivetrain swap, should be fun! So for now I'm still just driving the 56 Belvedere around and enjoying it... Whats everybody else been up to with they rides???