Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Hot Rod Girl!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 11, 2010.

1. I don't get why the hot rods sound like Austin Healys!

2. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

New hot rod b- movies aren't much better, Hot Rod Girls Save the World is brutal!

3. Hambone64

Hambone64

'Dragstrip Girl,' in the same fashion, is on amctv.com right now. Its under their b-movies section. Its streaming and not split up into sections... Not TOO bad of a flick. Watched it a few days ago.

4. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

i agree but i think most people just watch to look at the cars. thats why i have a few in my collection. but i have more fun watching the oldies, than fast and furious! i just get aggrivated watching those!

5. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Filmed at San Fernando dragstrip I should add.. Its a shame what that piece of land that was the dragstrip looks like now...

6. OLLIN

OLLIN

My Favorites are:

1. The Giant Gila Monster
    2. High school Confidential
    3. Touch of Evil (this one is actually REALLY good!)
    4. Dragstrip Riot (cool corvettes and preunit triumphs)
    5. High School Caeser
    6. The wild one (bikes)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Cool. I bought this and 5 others at the AutoRama last year. Good fun, but you have to remember the times and forgive the acting. I wonder what remakes of these movies would be like? Might be worth a try.

8. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

9. Hot rod Girl.... great flick to have in the garage along witha few others!

10. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love the Drama, Hairdo's, the catchy phrases and did I mention the Cars.

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I have to tell you I like that flick . I have that one DVD . I love the old races and the real hotrods ! Kind of corny but think about when it was made . I also own a few more of the old corny hot rod movies . I just really love watching the old hotrods and think about great it would have been to have one back in the 1950's !

RetroJim

12. roddinron

roddinron

No, it was in a small junkyard just outside of Vandergrift Pa. He bought the car from a used car lot. The previous owner was in the military and brought it back from Alaska.
    My buddy did not junk it he sold it to a close friend who promised he'd give my buddy first crack at it if he decided to sell it, but didn't, and sold it to someone else. They lost track of it for some time, then heard it was in the junkyard. It was in pretty bad shape, and this was in a time when customs had pretty much fallen out of favor, so no one considered it worth saving.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  13. mauler rich

mauler rich

hotrod girl, drastrip girl, the choppers and hotrodgang are some of the best and to have burt rubber on dvd thats kool got to get it !!! in the ghost of dragstrip hollow the two girls racing i was in love....

14. fitzee

fitzee

Man I was just getting into that movie and it ended.Have to wait for that last few clips.Cool stuff when it comes to the cars.Getting a kick out of the acting.

15. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

Great old cars, cute chicks, bad acting. I love it, but what do I know. My favorite movie is Hollywood Knights and Pee Wee`s Big Adventure.

16. GARY?

GARY?

I maybe high but... if I remember correctly that in "Dragstrip Girl" there is not a drag strip, a girl stripping or a girl racing on a dragstrip.

Still a great flick.

I just found the 20 DVD set somebody was talking about for 20 bucks on the 'bay.

17. 61TBird

61TBird

I have that on the "4 High Octane Movies" DVD.
    The Wild Ride
    Hot Rod Girl
    T-Bird Gang
    The Choppers.

I think I paid $5 for the set....

18. roddinron

roddinron

hey LowKat, how do you get those screen shots?

19. Great post Ryan.....I had "almost" forgotten how corny the old movies were:rolleyes:.
    Thanks,

20. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

21. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

I saw this movie awhile back when Jimmy B. posted a link to several B movies, the cars are killer.

22. Frank Gorshen is one of my all time Favs..you would all know him as the original Riddler on the batman series but he was a master impressionist and he was channeling James Cagney in the opening scene.

Americna Rebel

23. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Man, anyone remember how good those cokes in the little bottles tasted.

24. roddinron

roddinron

25. Did you cats catch the Chopped 40 standard coupe in the back ground in several scenes? Its the same one used in the chicken run scene from Rebel without a cause! It is alive and well and {last I saw it} living here in the Pacific northwest!
    I just watched the whole thing on youtube. search "hot rod girl"

26. Speed Shop Films

Speed Shop Films

Yeah...nothin' like havin' the RIDDLER and the RIFLE MAN in the same opening scene.

Absolutely awesome. Thanks for posting.

27. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rod Gang is a good one. Best line from the movie is from a cop standing outside a party/dance and states "sounds like an Indian massacre in there". I have "The Devil On Wheels" on VHS around here. There's a scene with 4 hiboy roadsters door to door racing down a road.

Tarantula (look for a young Clint Eastwood as a jet pilot) and Godzilla are some other classics.