Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

Hi HT.........luvin what you have achieved here.....do you mind telling us what Paint you used & what are the Colour Names........thanks in advance.:cool:;):)

2. lorodz

lorodz

wow ..i would never be able to deal with all that work on those moldings ..to make them that perfect.....looking good keep it up

3. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Matrix brand paint, rotor glow, cool vanilla and black.

4. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Damn its cold for florida!

5. "bout time you boys get some of this cold stuff, it's been very cold here in the DFW area for a while now. sure put a damper on working in the shop.
    Hope you guys keep with it. You're doing great.
    See ya later.

6. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

19 degrees here today. its to cold to get out in the shop.i tried to but its to dang cold.

7. 15 degrees with a wind chill of 15,
    had the wife buy me some thermal undies, helps a lot with body warmth but all my tools are to cold to handle.
    My air tools freeze up in about a minute of use.

8. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I hear ya Grits, In the 20's here and every plant here is dead. It's the coldest it's ever been here. Our citrus industry will be devastated. I spent the day yesterday freezing in my shop. Today will be a cold one to. The weatherman said 70's late in the week so I might get this thing painted! Going to look at some interior materials today, got to pick a color.

I looked at many leather samples, this one is my favorite.
    [​IMG]
    Not the best picture, it's not that orange. A more accurate example would be the top left edge of the sample.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  9. Didn't think about that, guess the price of orange juice is going to go out the roof.

10. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

looks like beer for breakfast

11. Some really nice work there, looking great!

12. blt2go

blt2go

this is going to be an amazing car, actually already is. don't even think of it as "not real" or a "wannabe". i have worked quite a bit of glass in my life and the itch is real. i've seen cars built from a salvaged piece of cowling nothing else was "original" (new sheet metal) and they earn respect in the community with hard work and vision, and you are earning it too. keep it up

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hey Dave, have you heard of Aabco here in Orlando? They sell upholstery material, they have tons of stuff in their warehouse, cheap, they let you go through the whole shop.
    Check 'em out they're on All American Blvd right off 441 near Lee Rd.

14. Just read the whole thread, your car is badass. I love the fit and finish.

15. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

John Mumford's, Built by Roy Brizio & co. Interior by Sid meant to look like a 62' Vette.
    You are doing some really nice work on your coupe!

16. timothale

timothale

originals are still out there, My step son said his grandpa's brother started gathering parts up to restore a 32 back in the 70's. The great uncle has long ago passed on and the widow never had any kids and would make him and bro and sister stay in the car when they came to visit. A guy in town said he was over doing some work for her a while back and there are boxes of rebuild parts still in the barn. distant family members are still waiting for an estate sale to see who will have the high bid.

17. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Yes its true they are ridiculously priced but its called making a living, look what Tiger gets paid now thats ridiculous !

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

18. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Got the windshield frame back from plating today, BLING!
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

that looks sweet!!!!!

20. PoPo

PoPo

BLING BLING playa.. still a great build!!! Its supposed to warm up here to 38* tomorrow so maybe it will be around 70 down there soon!!!

21. Little Terry

Little Terry

I have been watching with interest and really love what your are doing. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up too, so that I can get the paint flowing!

I'll be in Florida for two weeks in the end of June/early July this year. Any suggestions on shows to visit? Maybe you'll be debuting your rod around that time somewhere!?!I'll be in port Charlotte and the Keys.

Cheers,
    Mark.

22. |Tom|

|Tom|

Very nice... when finished, it will be "out of this world"...

23. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

This build never ceases to amaze me!

24. freebird101

freebird101

25. sedan33

sedan33

Man, your doing a great job. It seems to me you're getting alot done and really quickly too!

You've inspired me to rethink glass........since I can't afford steel. Maybe I'll have a new project soon. :D

26. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Your car is looking great, Get used to people asking is that glass or steel, Its fun to keep em guessing.

27. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Spent the day finishing up the work on the doors. I made the door handle linkage for the pass door and it was a bitch. The good news is the doors are done and just need one more coat of primer sanded down.
    [​IMG]

It was nice today, got up to 60. I also cut the holes in the rear for the tail lights.
    [​IMG]

The last thing I did was repaint one of the backing plates. I hope the fifth time is the charm!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well tomorrow is the big day, it is going to hit 70 so I'll break out the paint and shoot the body. I got some trash in the backing plate tonight, nothing that can't be rubbed out. Just hope it will be cleaner tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me......

28. PoPo

PoPo

fingers crossed turkey

29. love the colour. great build thread.

30. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS