Register now to get rid of these ads!

******The New H.A.M.B. Calendar!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 1, 2010.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i set a couple big books on mine and now its just fine.....

2. 52phantom

52phantom
    from socal

You build hot rods and you can't straighten some curved paper? More weight.

Ryan, stay with this paper. This calendar is incredible.

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I don't think it's the paper weight, I'm thinking the USPS ran it through the sorter.

Is anyone's flat? Are the ones still at Ryan's or yours still flat?

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well the file cabinet is on it now so we'll see. If not I guess I'll run it thru the english wheel......:rolleyes:

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Mine isn't flat either. Here's what the paper company told me...

Paper curls towards the side last dried when exposed to moisture. If the sheet is “sealed” on the printed side and still open on the unprinted side this will amplify this property.
    The open backside (if it truly is) will take on water and hold it better then the printed side. When it takes on water it causes the fibers to swell forcing it to curl towards the “dryer” or sealed up side.

6. Sounds like you need to put it in the dehydrator:D. I glad we have zero humidity here in the winter mine might be flat.

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Calender was on my desk when I came back from lunch. It was OPENED!!! :eek::eek::eek: The calender appeared to be fine and is AWESOME, but if there was anything with it, it's gone.

I didn't expect anything else, but was there supposed to BE anything else in the envelope?? Just want to make sure.

Looks great! Hats off to everyone that submitted and to all who made it happen! :cool::cool:

8. No, my envelope was half opened too...
    But there was nothing else in it!
    That's why I got a second envelope with a "sucky hat" :D

9. Where the hell are mine? Was one of the first to order (2) and nothing yet. Panic is setting in.:eek:

10. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Mine arrived unopened and didn't have anything but the calendar in it....

11. Service must be faster to the south side of town. Nothing here yet( nortwest side) and i tip, but they keep changing and spliting routes and lots of different carriers.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FWEW! Okay! Thanks! :cool:

13. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Did the paper company say that it would eventually go flat from the weight of hanging on the wall? I have rolled the living heck out of it to try to force it the other direction and today it curled up again. I wonder if those plastic edge binder "thingy's" that you put on exam papers would hold the bottom together......Hmmm.....I may have to make an Office Depot run.

Chris

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Something heavy should flatten it back out. Or bending it the opposite direction, carefully not to crease it. But it's no guarantee that it won't do it again as the weather changes. In my case, since I use magnetic clips on the fridge, I just added more at the bottom.

15. -Brent-

-Brent-

I was going to comment about that. When I opened mine today it felt damp and had a slight curl to it. When I hung it I put a push pin at the bottom holding the curl back. By the end of the day it was fine. I put the pin back after I checked to see if it flattened because the sucker is heavy and the pins don't get a good bite at the top being as thick it is.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  16. razorback

razorback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Sweden

Got mine today! Looking GREAT!!

17. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Got mine yesterday, same thing, its curled but I'll figure a way to flatten it! All I care is I got it and it is the best calendar I've ever bought!!:) GREAT JOB!!!!

18. Finally got them, and they're flat. Sure are heavy!!!

19. just placed my order. cant wait to see it if Chad worked on it.

20. J.N

J.N
    from Sweden

Got mine yesterday and it sure looked good.Big thanks to everyone involved !!

21. rjgideon

rjgideon

All paper has a natural curve, it has to do with the rolls that the paper is stored on after it is created. Take a look at a ream of paper after you remove the wrapper. Heavier papers have a more pronounced crown than lighter paper. It's natural guys.

22. The Mail must be slow these days...I ordered mine on the first and its still not here...

23. Got mine and it hanging in my home shop.
    Looks great!

24. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I got both of mine too. It was open at one end but they were still both in there.

25. Many Thanks. ​

26. jscoma47

jscoma47

Got mine looks Great!!!!

27. big creep

big creep

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok. that makes me feel better. sorry mailman, my bad!

28. KEITHMAN

KEITHMAN

Got mine the other day. There was some package damage, but the calendars were fine. The calendars are FRICKIN' BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks to all involved for the GREAT effort.

My calendars are bending too. Sounds like they all are. I think I found a solution today. Went to the local craft supermarket and found a couple of 11 x 17 picture frames. Works great! One change tho'. Next month I'm gonna' take the glass out and leave it out. To much reflection from the glass and the frame will continue to hold the calendar flat.

Calendar Solution 003.jpg Calendar Solution 007.jpg Calendar Solution 011.jpg

It's gonna' make it kinda' of a pain to change months. Oh Well! :D I also think this art is in a frame now where it belongs. Great Job!! Nice Work!! :cool:

Have A Great Day!!! See Ya' Later!!!

29. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Sure do like the hell outa mine, best one yet. Thanks.

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

True, the first job I had after getting out of the Army and getting married was at Gulf States Paper in Waco making things like tv dinner boxes and the paper came in on huge rolls before it went in the printing press.
    The stock for the calenders may have come from closer to the center of the roll.

I still haven't figured out where to hang mine though as I have few bare spots on the walls.