Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT-Schwinn StingRays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesG, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Here's my 73 Stingray Fastback awaiting restoration.

Attached Files:

2. shtbox

shtbox

WOW!! what a cool thread. My folks couldnt swing the $ for a schwinn either, so I got a Ross polo bike (like the barracuda). Now I have another one, a 3spd Apollo, a chrome schwinn scrambler, un-restored '68 Lemonpeeler, '98 Stingray deluxe, and sold the sears Spider bike I had. My son has chrome OCC Stingray that is HIS "baby" now. Loved the days when Evel was "King"!!!!

3. shtbox

shtbox

Forgot to mention...check out the New England Muscle Bike Museum in Bloomfield,CT. cool stuff on this guys site too!

4. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

not a schwinn either but it looks cool to the untrained eye. Sears bike. I put a little V8 emblem in the existing hole till I find something cooler. My retarded "son" checking on the bike to make sure its worthy as well.

Attached Files:

5. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

Here are some of my bikes. Some are originals, some are custom.

6. spinman

spinman
    from new jersey

My '69 standard, '68 Midget and the Fat Man

[​IMG]

7. spinman

spinman
    from new jersey

The Holy Grail of posters for Sting-Ray fanatics; Racquel and an early 'ray.

[​IMG]

8. 61TBird

61TBird

I really regret selling it....It rode real nice and my Son loved cruising with his "old man" on his 5 speed '71 Sting Ray.

9. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

How do you know what year they are? They have serial numbers back then?:confused:

10. 61TBird

61TBird

Yes.
    On the Head Tube is 1 or 2 letters followed by the serial number.
    '64 and earlier are 1 letter/serial number
    '65 and later are 2 letters/serial number
    Here's the link;
    http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/SchwinnCodes1.html

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I was born too soon to get a Sting-Ray. I got a red Typhoon for my first bike. My brother, who's 3 years younger got a orange Sting-Ray for his first bike. His bike was so cool I made my dad buy me a banana seat, sissy bar and hi-rise handlebars for my Typhoon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  12. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

My daughter loved her Stingray I got her at the Monroe swap meet last year but its too small already, so she modified with parts from my buddies rust pile a 10 dollar thrift shop adult Schwinn Hollywoood.
    She calls it her Barn find Stingray!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Wow...at first i was thinking that was a cool old photo and then realized its a present picture. Very cool, nice pic. I take it thats your daugter now? neat pic...

14. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

[QUOTE="Whitey Ford" 62 Uni;4683870]Wow...at first i was thinking that was a cool old photo and then realized its a present picture. Very cool, nice pic. I take it thats your daugter now? neat pic...[/QUOTE]

yeah that's last year they grow up so fast she's only 13
    I love the Schwinn add posted earlier I am going to use it as her xmas card because I restored a 1961 Schwinn for her xmas present

[​IMG]

15. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

16. Not completely Schwinns but parts of them are anyway Here's a couple of mine.

Long Tracker.
    [​IMG]

Frisco Cruiser
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  17. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

In 1971 my family and I went to the Schwinn dealer in Salinas (CA). We walked into the store and my dad said "pick one, you can have any one you want for your birthday". I chose a 5 speed with a skinny 20" front tire and a skinny 20" slick in the back. It was $99.99. Dark green metalic, possibly a fastback. Throughout the years bikes came and went but I always kept that Schwinn. My parents threw it away while I was in Navy boot camp. :rolleyes:

18. georgedombeck

georgedombeck

Here is one I built from a "grain bin" find, kinda like a barn find. Before and after.

Attached Files:

19. escobars

escobars

My 72 schwinn with a motor that goes 35 mph 60mpg , my lil girls 68 fair lady, my wife's 2005 shwinn

Attached Files:

20. monsterflake

monsterflake

"late model" huffy cruiser with new 30" ape hangers, re-pro springer and vintage gooseneck. pretty candy blue with pinstripe decals. rear wheel is slightly warped from bunny hopping, still rideable, just embarrassing.

[​IMG]

vintage western flyer cyclone "muscle bike". bitchin' purple with nos silver 'flake high-back seat, super rare 2 piece, half round bars, 'flake silver/purple streamers and nos rear slick. easier to ride than schwinn crate bikes and cheaper, too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bobber-style, built from "survivor" western flyer. 26" frame, 24" black wheels, springer seat. headlight doesn't work, but tank looks cool with matching chainguard. best riding bike of the three, very low seat, perfect for the short-legged man or woman.

[​IMG]

21. sensor

sensor

dont get me started on bikes....
    not a sting ray since hes still to short for a 20" but my boy on his 57 pixie
    [​IMG]

22. slammed

slammed

For sale 12 Schwinn's Ebay #180455423586 for info. They need to go, thank you.

23. rodknocker

rodknocker

I made this for my son after picking the bike up at a local swap meet.I think its an early 50's AMF Roadmaster.$30 total, he loves it.

Attached Files:

24. junk fiend

junk fiend

My Dad in the 60s Pasadena CA

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.