Register now to get rid of these ads!

If money wasn't an issue, wot kind of rod would you build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Dec 29, 2008.

1. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Better than that, do the 64. It was rebodied into the 65 so it's gone bye-bye. :cool:

2. One that would do everything I wanted it to... comfort, speed, ride... and then look good doing it.
    Sam

3. sloppy_J

sloppy_J

if money wasnt a problem....... id have a shit ton of cars!! but if i had to choose just one id have a 35 willys...... and make a gasser out of it! id also like to have 55 merc montclair sunvalley, but it wouldnt be a hotrod.

4. 54 savoy

54 savoy

a 32 coupe with a 302/5 speed and a 56 chevy black on black with a blown big block,4 speed and my daily driver would be my plymouth with a 340 six pack and air bags,um o.k. a 325 red ram,

5. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    With Rear wheel drive conversion.

6. 68Caddy

68Caddy

1.49-50 Merc Chopped and lowered to the F'n ground
    2.Flathead powered 200 mph Belly Tank
    3.32 roadster (black laquer/flat head)
    4.1966 Shelby GT350 (blue w/white stripes)
    5.one of those new CTS Caddys. They are BAD ASS!

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I'd build the same car I'm building right now but one hell of a lot faster my 27 T Roadster pick up wouldn't add any flash either!

8. 36 Ford Sedan Delivery.. mimicking the Thom Taylor/Pete Eastwood R&C Delivery.

9. indygasser

indygasser

Get the 41 done!!!!!

10. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Probably an altered wheelbase Plymouth, Aluminum front end / blower, the works.

11. kurshuk

kurshuk
    from ohio

1933 Willy's coupe, pro street, supercharged, lenco5 speed and a rumble seat. :)

12. fitzee

fitzee

Pretty simple for me,a steel 32 High boy roadster on 32 rails full hood powered by a 283 4 speed and 9 inch out back 4 inch drop axle rolling on 16 inch big and little's mounted on steel wheels.Sorry can`t dream like some guys here.

13. brocluno

brocluno

Since I'm a senior citizen member and have owned or driven a fair bit of the kind of stuff folks discuss here, I'd like to build something a bit different. 1953 Rambler Country Club with a turbo'd 308 Hudson/HydroMatic snuck in and a narrowed rear with posi and say 3.23 gear. Update the suspension and big Buick finned aluminum front brakes, finned iron Buicks out back (no disks). Low mount power steering pump and late model box.

I like the open front fenders of the Country Club. All the other Nashs had deep skirts over all wheels. At first glance the flat head six would look stock(ish). Slightly wider steelies and dog dish caps. Nice premium cloth and nauga interior on factory springs an frames. Sneak a few gages in and maybe power windows.

Drive it around like the Grand-Pa I am until some kid wants to Beep-Beep my Rambler. OK Kid, lets do it! Since the full sized Hudsons ruled Nascar in the early 1950's - in a LOT heavier car - this should be fun :)

Start with something like this:

Attached Files:

14. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

15. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

Moneys no object? Hmmmm thats a tough one cause I love cars so much. Maybe the original Milner's 32 coupe?

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

A 1956 Ford Crown Victoria Gasser, with a blown 427 Ford cammer, Richmond 5 Speed, Dana 60, '32 Ford style straight axle up front, and screw the purists! LOL!:D

17. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Whatever the hell I wanted to and screw the whining bitches.

18. One day, I might take my '37 Terraplane two-door and put a 308 Hudson "Twin-H" Straight 6 in it, with a GM automatic transmission. I really like the car as it is (essentially stock with a few minor mods - a Hudson O/D and 12V electrical are the biggies), and it'll do 70 mph all day long as it sits.

The Terraplanes of '36 and '37 are among the best-looking of ALL Thirties US-built cars. Body mods are pretty unnecessary on them, IMO. I'd build it more as a sleeper than anything. What is more sleeper (and right!) than a modded 308 Hudson in a light Terraplane!

If money truly were not an object, I'd love to build a Duesenburg, Auburn, or Cord. A French Delahaye coupe would make a fine ride, too!

19. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Another idea....

'57 Ford F100 (short box, big window), in the weeds stance, hand rubbed to perfection black laquer, tan rawhide covered bench seat, black rubber floor mat, reworked factory gauges (with a 150mph speedo, and a tach), firestone bias blackwalls, 15" black steelies with dog dish caps, oak bed floor, and to motorvate it all a Ross Racing Engines built aluminium headed and stroked 394 Olds, backed by a 5spd and a Currie 9 inch... It would be sooooooo sweet...

20. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

I want that fucking car!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

21. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

First I would finish the cars I have already. then i would buy the car I love the most but cant afford a 57 Cadillac eldorado blarittz convertible.then the list would be long.
    40 Ford coupe with a Caddy motor moonshiner style
    chrisman coupe with a very nasty motor .
    32 roadster with a aurden head motor in it
    auburn boattail speedster
    dual cowl phaeton of some type duesy, caddy, packard
    49 or 50 mercury custom
    willys gasser with a big blown hemi

I could keep going. my garage would be huge. all types of cars

22. 57FORDF100

57FORDF100
    from bell

if money wasent an issue i would have to build my dream truck 1948 ford f1 nice big coker white walls bagged all around 2 tone paint job 351 clev motor

23. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Basically it would be very close to the Deane Spencer roadster only with a blown Ferguson ARDUN a 5 or 6 speed and magnesium knock off wheels.

But thats just for starters.

24. 1 foot in the grave

1 foot in the grave
    BANNED

:cool:THIS!!:cool:

aLSO I WOULD SPEND SOME MONEY TO GET A FEW SETS OF ONE OFF COMPLETLY ALL WHITE BIAS PLIES AND SOME ORIGINALS STLYE STEEL WHEELS STAMPED OUT OF STAINLESS STEEL. FOR THE RIGHT MONEY, I COULD GET SOMEONE TO DO IT!

Attached Files:

25. uglydog56

uglydog56

I would have a perfectly restored boattail riv for a daily driver, a 62 bubbletop for cruise nights, a 56 chev 2dr post gassered for drag racing, and a factory five daytona coupe built to the ragged edge for auto-xing. Then a 50's coe sitting on a 1ton chassis with a duramax/allison and a slant bed to tow them around on. And a bunch of old honda motorcycles.

26. uglydog56

uglydog56

Oh, and a record-setting lakester.

27. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

either one of these would do or both.

Attached Files:

28. 1 foot in the grave

1 foot in the grave
    BANNED

just thought of a new one. if money wasnt an issue and i had a time machine, id go back to 1957. I'd order a nomad with no power brakes, steering, radio, clock and heater delete with a fuelie 283 and a posi rear. I'd then send it to Canada or wherever they did it and get the EL MOROCCO coversion done on it. Then i'd load it in the time machine and head back to now. Then i'd take it to barret jackson and let everyone drool over it while i turned down every single offer the rich a$$holes there threw at me! HA!

29. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

A man after my own heart, my sentiments exactly!

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After thinking of it, I would buy a type of car I vowed never to own. I would buy Janis Joplin's Porsche,the one with all the crazy painting on it.

Hey, it was Janis's Id own one of Hitlers revenge for that.

Doc.