Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A little roadster chassis progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky77, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Lucky77

Lucky77

Its been a while since I posted any updates on my roadster so here it is if anybody is interested. I got my new front tires mounted up so now I have a good idea of where the front end is going to sit. I hacked up and rewelded a set of Dodge truck front shock mounts, they're about an inch shorter than the F1's.

Now I can measure to find out what length shocks I need, plus I can start cutting up the headlight bar I have to make the mounts for my Guide Headlamps. I'm going to weld the mounts directly on top of the shock mounts and connect them with a new bar. This will mount the lights a little lower, and I dig that look. I also threaded some 3/4" tubing sleeves and placed them in the rear crossmember for my top shock mounting studs to thread into.

Next step is the rear end, I have all the parts so its just a matter of getting them together and locating one more wheel so I can get the rear tires mounted up. They're 31" and the fronts are 26" so I think this will give the car areally nice rake.

Attached Files:

2. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

nice work. keep us posted... great start on the new project...