Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Pumped about my new car. . .1950 Chevy Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jetcycles, Jan 10, 2010.

1. jetcycles

jetcycles

Sold the old rough riding econoline pickup and found myself something a little more H.A.M.B. friendly to drive. . .1950 Chevy Deluxe. I'd like to get the car a little closer to the ground and throw some www's on it and drive it for now. Time to start searching for information and parts(carb kit, wheel cylinders, etc). I'd love a mild chop and some scallops, but both are beyond my level of experience and budget for now. I'll keep absorbing info off of you guys/gals for the time being. . .always impressed by what I see on the H.A.M.B. Feel free to tell me what you think, good or bad!!!
    The 66 Econoline Pickup shitbox is long gone. . .
    [​IMG]
    1950 Chevrolet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice score! Now go join the Rockstars with Torquewrenches social group and check out Chevytalk.com. Lots of good info there. Todd

3. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

NICE ride! Good Luck!

4. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

OMG! That cars gorgeous! That econoline wasnt a slouch either!

5. jivin jer

jivin jer

That was my first car.I wish I knew what I know now and had the H.A.M.B..Congradualations.Looks like a great start.

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

That is a good looking car. Nice buy.

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Good friend of mine has one like that. Visor, bubble skirts, lancer hub caps. Cool. Nice score! Have fun with it!

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that is a beautiful car. i think you're right on track with the www's and lowering it and driving.
    congrats!

9. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

If you don't lower the Chevy like the Eco. it may not ride as rough!I have one of those 50s also.

Attached Files:

10. marx

marx

Great score. That thing looks plenty solid. Got a friend with one, and these cars have lots of potential. You've come to the right place for good info. Keep us updated as you go!

11. Nice car, I'd like to have it in my garage. That is almost identical to my first car. Keep us posted on the build.

12. billygoat67

billygoat67

great looking chevy

13. oh yeah, that chevy is nice, it;ll be even nicer with some lowering and a chop, good luck.

14. great find!!! Should look good when lowered with www's

15. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

nice looking ride....get on the net and find Chev'softhe40's, they have everything you need for the car...:D

16. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

nice car, she looks solid.. keep us posted...

17. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Good looking starter car really liked the look of the econline though the lower you go the rougher the ride!

18. Labold

Labold

I dig it. I wouldn't change a thing other than ride height.
    Enjoy!

19. 19chevy53

19chevy53
    from Nanaimo

Nice Ride Its goin to look sick with the white walls and lowered stance!!! Can't wait to see more.

20. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Bitchin!!! Wanna chop it!!:)

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chopped tops are so cool, and Ian would do a beautiful job for you, (Hi Ian!) BUT, there's a lot to be said for a nice stock-lookin' Chevy like yours. You've got the right idea. For now, do all you can to bring all the mechanicals up to snuff and enjoy the ride. Slight lowering in the rear, whitewalls, fuzzy dice...wait...no fuzzy dice! I had a completely stock '52 Chevy sedan years ago, and I was really impressed with the ride. Even railroad-tracks were no problem. If the 216 six runs good, stick with that. If it needs help, a 235 replacement is easy and inexpensive. For real driveability, if yours has the standard-shift trans, you might consider contacting Patrick's about some highway-gears for the rear axle...works great with the 3-speed. Good luck, jetcycles! Congrats.

22. sledish

sledish

Cool ride, someone photoshop that thing lowered With some wide whites.

23. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One other thought. If you ever need to replace the fuel-pump, consider spending just a few extra dollars to get the "combination" pump that also generates more vacuum for your wipers. You'll fine that those wipers will slow down just when you need them the most...passin' another vehicle in the rain!

24. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I like the Econoline, wish I had one.
    Where are you at in Houston? I'd like to see that 50 in person, there are a lot of H.A.M.B.ers in Houston, bring that car to one of the next H.A.M.B. Sunday cruises

25. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx Rick, I have to agree with you, stock is pretty cool too!!! One day im gonna own a nice stock one for sure!!! Just slightly lowered , that's it!!!

26. teddyp

teddyp

car looks great enjoy it

27. set of supremes,lower it ! and drive it ! enjoy your ride !

28. jetcycles

jetcycles

doc I'm located just south of La Porte in ShoreAcres. As soon as the car is running right I'll start making it to some Sunday cruises.

29. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I wish mine had looked that good when I got it!

30. burt21

burt21

Thats going to be one nice ride. hope you enjoy the heck out of it.