Register now to get rid of these ads!

New here & from Seattle area.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by boston, Jan 9, 2010.

1. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

Hello all, I'm new to the forum AND the site. I live in the Seattle, Washington area and although I've had my share of both vintage autos AND currently ride a 1950 Harley Panhead, a '58 Duoglide and building a 1936 Knucklehead....I just acquired a 1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer semi-restored and VERY DRIVEABLE!!! I just took her for her first extended ride and she cruises nice, holds the road well and I'm surprised at the Hemi's power. She's the four door, 6 passenger Sedan model, as you know, and has the 270 c/i Super Red Ram Hemi V8. I'm stoked!!!!!!!!!

I'll try to post a pic...not the best pic...but it's what I have at the moment. Glad to be here and hope to pick up some good info from you all...Oh yeah...maybe a part here and there. Thanks....and she's NO RR!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Jim Franco
    Sammamish, Washington

2. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Welcome from Olympia

3. ezombie

ezombie

Welcome From Long view.

4. SholleysTrimShop

SholleysTrimShop

Hi from Dillsburg Pa.

5. 19chevy53

19chevy53
    from Nanaimo

Welcome from just up the road in Langley BC. Thats a sick ride you got there I can't wait to see some more pics!!!

6. Glenlind

Glenlind

19chevy53, please watch your language on this forum

7. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Welcome from Sweden

8. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Welcome from La Conner. If you're in Seattle why did you put location as Boston? Just curious.

9. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Welcome from Tacoma

10. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

Boston is my home, but Seattle is where I currently park my arse! My wife is finishing her PhD here at Antioch in Seattle so the story goes. My sweetheart is from Alaska, met her in Boston some years back...she graduated from M.I.T. in Cambridge where I worked and I wasted no time to scuff the young babe right up! She took me to her home in Alaska and we tied the knot....she said she always wanted to live in Seattle, being from an Indian village (Kake, Alaska) and all...long road trip to get her here but like I said...this is where I currently park my arse! Any more inquisitive minds out there....

Boston

11. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

Chilly 1.....Bought, or should I say, TRADED for this baby right outa' Lakewood, Washington....your neighborhood!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  12. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Really new guy??? Look before ya leap man . Start by reading the rules about the intro.

13. boston,
    welcome! I thought that car looked familiar! I've seen that one around the area. I'm glad to see it found a good home.

14. warning new moderater on the prowl!

15. jagfxr1949

jagfxr1949

Welcome to the forum!

16. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

How's it hanging (The) DUDE? Thanks for the earlier welcome, Man.

Thanks for the cool welcome, All!!

Rubberrodder...Yeah...the good man, a full-time E-7 soldier from Ft. Lewis who originally hails from Oregon, owns a motorcycle shop in Lakewood right on 99, called Jimmy Ray's Cycle. I traded him a complete shovelhead motor/transmission combo in a wishbone frame and all the necessary stuff to put a nice chop together (wishbone not in complete original condition but very nice!). I figure the value of my bike parts is about $5000 so it was pretty much a "straight-across" deal...at least we both think so and that's what counts, hey?

Anyway, you will only see it down in Lakewood when I visit Jimmy. Other than that, it will now be a frequent Seattle/Kent/Auburn/Federal Way/Sammamish/Issaquah sight. Oh yeah, jagfxr1949...Duval is a frequent haunt both on my bikes and now in this classic! I travel South as part of my job or Auburn/Kent/Federal Way wouldn't ever catch a glimpse of her!!! HAHaHaHa!!!!!!!!

Boston

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  17. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

Good point...I just saw that...a slip of the internet finger I guess...'cause I sure ain't goin' back!!! Nice pick-up...hope I explained clearly...I'm NOW a Northwest resident 'till the day I die!

Boston

(Hey, now that I got a BIG 7 posts...do I have any standing to ask questions yet??? Just being an "arse" now! ;)

18. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Welcome from TEXAS ...Y'all.

19. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

By the way boston, I would keep the name boston, just change your location in your profile. It may help you find friends in your new area. If people see they are near you they are more apt to respond to an ad (if you choose to post one in the future) or send a friend request.

20. boston

boston
    from SEATTLE

Yeah...I'll do that! And thanks for the friendly welcome....

Texas?....built water towers in the dry communities of San Angelo, Midland and Odessa back in the early 80's! What a trip going in the biker bars in those communities...."I'll have a Bee-Ah!" They knew right off, I was a Yankee!!!!! Interesting tales spun off those memories.

Boston

21. theczking

theczking

welcome from another new guy these guys took me under thier wings right away even gave me a frat name "pita noob: i think it indian

22. moses

moses

Boston welcome from riany mountlake terrace...jeffrey

23. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from ga

24. boston .. its about 30 degrees out today . ya miss it ?