Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's building a project on unemployment this winter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Jan 8, 2010.

1. indygasser

indygasser

I am, just wondering if anybody was too:rolleyes:

2. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

not really building as of yet but hoping to pick up another 55-59 gmc i found but the weather is holding me up

3. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

I was laid off 5 months in 2009. I worked on other guys projects instead of mine. Cash was tight.... Now I am back to work and have started back on my wife's 37 chevy. Good Luck!!

4. ridin dirty

ridin dirty

Indygasser I have been working on the 30 coupe. Its a real slow process to get the sheet metal back. Heat and dollys are your best friend here. Notice the small tree that grew through her.

Attached Files:

5. r.s.s.

r.s.s.
    from Alberta

I would be working on my 37 chev p/u but it's on the other side of Canada. :(

6. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

i got some work done last year while laid off but, seems like i don't have any time now that i'm back to work. sucks that when your working you have money and no time and when your not working you have time but, no money.

7. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

I have been unemployed for a while now. Applied everywhere but nothing. Working on the wagon as money comes in--buyin' and sellin', tryin' to make a dollar. Now buying a 34 ford truck--my next project.

8. dragass

dragass

How about on strike? Been working on a few projects and been on strike for six months now. Lotsa time tho.

9. crash11049

crash11049

when I am not working I have time and no money, and for some reason when I am working I have no time and still no money.

10. indygasser

indygasser

yea I'm getting rid of some of my vintage dirt bikes,it helps a little

11. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Havent had a job since last April and trying to put a coupe together without any income, incl unemployment benefits, isnt easy :) I've just been selling off what I can to make it happen and doing some trades. Keep at it.

12. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I've got many projects...and unemployed. Unfortunatly I built a new building last year...without knowledge of the upcoming layoff, so now I've got much more debt, less income, no money to finish my new building so I'm working out of a converted stall in my storage shop on whatever jobs I can get to help pay bills. So my projects, as well as a couple finished ones have been getting sold to keep the bills caught up....so, I'm working on projects they are just others and selling mine!!! But this is a new year......and something has gotta come along.

13. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Count me in. I run out at the end of January ,Mid February.

14. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

I am also building a project, a convertible top. Up until last week I was on disability with a project, but now it's (going to be) on unemployment with a project.

15. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I'm not unemployed, just self-employed with a slow work schedule. I have enough work to barely cover the mortgage on my business building so I'm trying to do things on my '37 Buick that doesn't cost money. I have the car pretty much gutted and am trying to find materials to make a rotisserie so I can blast the car myself.

As crash11049 said, it seems like either I have a lot of time and no money or I'm busy, don't have any time and still don't have any money. I have to do some wheeling and dealing to get the money to put into my projects.

16. indygasser

indygasser

17. domepiece

domepiece

Been unemployed for almost 6 months now. Working on other peoples car to help fund my own. Luckily my wife has a good job and with unemployement we can cover all the bills and still live. once unemployment runs out the other peoples cars will have to go to pay bills.

18. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I've been unemployed since Feb and the only positive side is that I've had a chance to make a lot of progress on my car and I'm actually going to be able to show it in the Detroit Autorama...

19. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

i havent been working on it really..more like getting what the pocket lets me. parts here and there

20. Ford Guy

Ford Guy

Been unemployed over a year now...luckily started getting S/S the next month. Still getting extended benefits, but they will run out in about 3 months. Working on my 52 F-1. Bought a Magnuson MP112C blower and then found a manifold on ebay and got that. Rebuilding 3 Holley 94's to mount. Bought the 3x2 manifold from Speedway that mounts on the 4-barrel opening. Also have a 390 cfm Holley 4v if need be. It is on the flathead now and runs like a sewing machine. The engine has all the go fast goodies now....blower is just icing on the cake.

21. Welcome to my world.

22. jake85

jake85

i'm collecting ui any slowly making progress on my sedan. just trying to do all the little things that cost little money but are time consuming
    i pave roads and get laid off every winter so i'm kinda used to it now

23. just got laid off the 28th of dec. from 9 years at a street rod shop. Benefits haven't started yet, but i'm looking for "side work", and hoping to get back on the HA/GR.

24. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

I have been on unemployment since dec 2008,working on my 28 rup, and other cars

Attached Files:

25. indyjps

indyjps

2 weeks lay off this summer, wired my garage, guess that counts so I can see what Im doing now.

26. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

been off for 20 weeks and on and off for a year before that, no money so i'm trying to do what i can, my health isn't helping either. I'm trying to take care of my pregnant stepdaughter, her worthless husband, her four kids and my stepson, on unemployment. we are just trying to survive.

27. rev616

rev616

i am..right now parting out my 27 buick,to fund the build..its going slow though..it will pick up when i get money coming in from the parts

28. KennyJr07

KennyJr07

I am working on my Ranchero, as my unemployment started the week of Thanksgiving. Wish still looking ofr a job, but trying to make the best of it. I had a surplus of parts aquired over the years for my project that I didnt have time to work with. Gives me something to do.

29. edweird

edweird

this one has to wait. $290.00 unemployment benefits a week wont pay bills and build a studebaker! hell, it wont even pay the bills!

Attached Files:

30. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

they must pay good there, I only get 225 and I'm supporting four other adults and four kids. thats after working at the same place for ten years